What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Season News (2017)

Blake Barnett eligible to play immediately for ASU after transferring from Alabama in September. I think the NCAA had basically just given up at this point.

Steven can probably be as good as he wants to be. That's up to him and he's getting ready physically. The other things have to happen too though. That's what separates you and others. You can play faster being prepared in every facet.

Think the experience he gained this season will be extremely valuable to Montez going forward. That and having a guy like Sefo teaching how to prepare on the mental side of things.

The QB job is there for Montez, he just has to take it.

Hopefully he's been working on the footwork. Strong arm or not, you'll be throwing picks if you don't get your footwork sound. It's his job to lose imho. How much do you want it? We'll find out that answer. S2S, good post man, spot on.

Bleacher Report came out with their predictions for the top 25 offenses in college football. More than just sheer total yards were taken into account, and it was also adjusted for competition (8 of the top 25 are G5 teams). CU was not in this group, but 3 in the group are on CU's schedule (UW (13), WSU (9) and... CSU (8)... Yes, that CSU). Only 3 Pac 12 programs made the list, which is surprising to me. Definitely thought USC would be on it, along with CU, but most people are still sleeping on CU.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...um=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Bleacher Report came out with their predictions... but most people are still sleeping on CU.

Never understood why people care what magazines or websites say. Coaches of schools that play against CU this year are not sleeping on CU. The biggest potential for holding back CU's offense this year is the CU playcalling. If Lindgren calls games like he did against UO last year the offense could be explosive. If he calls games like he did against USC last year the offense will be mediocre.

Never understood why people care what magazines or websites say. Coaches of schools that play against CU this year are not sleeping on CU. The biggest potential for holding back CU's offense this year is the CU playcalling. If Lindgren calls games like he did against UO last year the offense could be explosive. If he calls games like he did against USC last year the offense will be mediocre.
Articles in magazines and websites can have a positive impact on the program, mostly because it raises awareness which can help with recruiting. So from that standpoint, I'm always glad to see when CU is mentioned in a positive light, regardless of the source. You're right though, coaches of opponents will not be sleeping on the Buffs this year.

I never put fan/media sentiment in with how the team, coaches or opposing team/coaches view things, so I agree with you. It's why I have no problem, as a fan, looking ahead of weeks 1-3 this season, counting those as wins; because I know the players and coaches aren't.

However, it's the offseason, and a major, highly visible sports publication put out their offensive projections. It would have been good publicity for CU to be mentioned in something like that.

There are definitely people in the media to pay attention to, and they cross check their stuff instead of taking what one head coach says about their team to heart.

Back