What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 power ratings: Oregon holds down top spot

RSSBot

News Junkie
Jon Wilner

The power ratings make their ’13 debut this week and will be posted, barring unforeseen schedule issues on my end, each Wednesday morning. (This edition was delayed because of numerous technical problems.) As has been the case in previous years: The ratings won’t necessarily track my AP top-25 ballot. There could be slight differences due [...]

Originally posted by College Hotline
Click here to view the article.

Just lost a decent amount of respect for Wilner. Oregon St at #5 in the PAC-12 power poll? A team that lost to an FCS and should have lost to San Diego St.

I know Wilner is a bay area honk, but I am not sure how anyone can put Cal anywhere but last on any of these lists. Their D is just laughable.

I'd have it like this:
1. Oregon
2. Stanford
3. UCLA
4. Washington
5. USC
6. Utah
7. Arizona
8. ASU
9. Washington State
10. Colorado
11. Oregon State
12. Cal

Until we show we're better than somebody else in the conference, we're not any better than anybody else in the conference.

Oregon at the top is appropriate. I'd put Stanford ahead of UCLA, though.

I think anything after #4 is just splitting hairs. You could make the argument for any one of the rest of the teams (including us) to be ranked at #5. I guess Cal's 2 losses were to ranked teams but I have been extremely unimpressed with all 3 of their games - and having their only victory as a 4 pt. W over Portland State is enough to have them at the bottom, IMO.

Listening to ESPN radio last Saturday, they had a segment on the best coaches at their new schools. The top "best fits" were Gus Malzahn & Kliff Kingsbery but they had Sonny Dykes at #3.

Back