What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Pac-12 Season News (2017)

I'm starting to feel a spark of hate toward Utah.

images

Media Poll:
South
1-USC
2-Utah
3-UCLA
4-Colorado
5-ASU
6-Arizona

North:
1-UW
2-Stanford
3-WSU
4-Oregon
5-OSU
6-Cal

Didn't realize how brutal UCLA's schedule was. Start out against A$M and then in conference play have to play Oregon, Stanford and UW while also having away games at USC and Utah.

Media Poll:
South
1-USC
2-Utah
3-UCLA
4-Colorado
5-ASU
6-Arizona

North:
1-UW
2-Stanford
3-WSU
4-Oregon
5-OSU
6-Cal

Didn't realize how brutal UCLA's schedule was. Start out against A$M and then in conference play have to play Oregon, Stanford and UW while also having away games at USC and Utah.
Looks like it will take at least another year before the media understands CU is back.

I kind of like the ranking at this point. Do I think it is right, no. I think we should be 3rd but it will serve as a great dose of what other still think of CU. Chip on shoulder and keep rising!

Media Poll:
South
1-USC
2-Utah
3-UCLA
4-Colorado
5-ASU
6-Arizona

North:
1-UW
2-Stanford
3-WSU
4-Oregon
5-OSU
6-Cal

Didn't realize how brutal UCLA's schedule was. Start out against A$M and then in conference play have to play Oregon, Stanford, COLORADO, and UW while also having away games at USC and Utah.
Fixed

247sports is doing a 4-part series on programs getting a lot of hype as big movers in win total this year (plus or minus).

The first they look at is UCLA... and they're not buying the big jump.

Their regular season schedule was simulated 100,000 times, with the results showing UCLA with a 43.6% chance to be bowl eligible and a 77.7% shot to win between four and seven games, with the most likely outcomes being 5-7 (23.7%) and 6-6 (21.5%).
DateOpponentProjected MOVChance to Win
Sep. 2vs. Texas A&M-2.445.8%
Sep. 9vs. Hawaii+15.574.9%
Sep. 16at Memphis-7.936.6%
Sep. 23at Stanford-9.534.0%
Sep. 30vs. Colorado-2.945.1%
Oct. 14at Arizona+0.250.4%
Oct. 21vs. Oregon-2.745.4%
Oct. 28at Washington-21.817.1%
Nov. 3at Utah-0.648.9%
Nov. 11vs. Arizona State+3.355.7%
Nov. 18at USC-22.616.3%
Nov. 24vs. Cal+2.053.5%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Why-UCLA-will-be-among-nations-most-improved-teams-in-2017-105642394

Stanford, CU, Oregon, Washington and Utah all in a 6 week span is going to be rough. Going to be even worse if Rosen's shoulder isn't fully healed.

247sports is doing a 4-part series on programs getting a lot of hype as big movers in win total this year (plus or minus).

The first they look at is UCLA... and they're not buying the big jump.

Their regular season schedule was simulated 100,000 times, with the results showing UCLA with a 43.6% chance to be bowl eligible and a 77.7% shot to win between four and seven games, with the most likely outcomes being 5-7 (23.7%) and 6-6 (21.5%).
DateOpponentProjected MOVChance to Win
Sep. 2vs. Texas A&M-2.445.8%
Sep. 9vs. Hawaii+15.574.9%
Sep. 16at Memphis-7.936.6%
Sep. 23at Stanford-9.534.0%
Sep. 30vs. Colorado-2.945.1%
Oct. 14at Arizona+0.250.4%
Oct. 21vs. Oregon-2.745.4%
Oct. 28at Washington-21.817.1%
Nov. 3at Utah-0.648.9%
Nov. 11vs. Arizona State+3.355.7%
Nov. 18at USC-22.616.3%
Nov. 24vs. Cal+2.053.5%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Why-UCLA-will-be-among-nations-most-improved-teams-in-2017-105642394
Something is seriously wrong with 247's rankings when they only give UCLA a 36.6% chance to win at Memphis.

Something is seriously wrong with 247's rankings when they only give UCLA a 36.6% chance to win at Memphis.
Last year, UCLA manage to beat UNLV, BYU, Arizona and Oregon St. to finish 4-8. Memphis was up and down but did beat Houston to close out their regular season and finished 8-5 in Mike Norvell's first year as HC. UCLA has a lot to prove.

Media Poll:
South
1-USC
2-Utah
3-UCLA
4-Colorado
5-ASU
6-Arizona

North:
1-UW
2-Stanford
3-WSU
4-Oregon
5-OSU
6-Cal

I don't mind the ranking, but will someone please explain the love for Utah to me? They lost pretty much their entire Offensive Line, almost their entire secondary, and their best offensive weapon. They also have major questions at LB and kicker.

Is the rest of the south really going to be that weak this year?

I don't mind the ranking, but will someone please explain the love for Utah to me? They lost pretty much their entire Offensive Line, almost their entire secondary, and their best offensive weapon. They also have major questions at LB and kicker.

Is the rest of the south really going to be that weak this year?

A lot of that projection is probably their Pac12 South schedule. They get Colorado & UCLA at home, and only have 4 Pac12 road games. However, I do think that the media is ignoring the fact that Utah skips Cal & Oregon St from the North.

Did not play there last year.

several things:

1. Luton didn't beat out Lineham who light up CSU in the bowl game. Instead of sitting on the bench somewhere last season, Luton set school records at his JUCO....check them out.
2. Both were coached under Bobby Petrino's brother Paul. Given that lineage, chances are good Luton is a decent QB.

I wasn't overly confident the Beavers would make a bowl game but with Luton being named a QB early in preseason camp (also due to early game at CSU), that means Luton gets valuable time with the WRs who play on the first unit.

While they had a decent record last year, all their losses came in conference and the teams they beat outside of the conference weren't exactly great teams. I mean they played an awful Notre Dame, an average K-State, Average North Carolina and horrible Rice....Add to this that the QB who would otherwise be their starter is out, their o-line wasn't great last year (though four guys return....there is a real chance they will have three new starters), they lost their all world RB...oh and on defense their d line is in flux after losing the best d lineman in the conference. Don't see how they have any real hope of being as good as last year...In fact, as I look at their schedule I would pick them to finish 6-6, or if things go their way 7-5 (and that is with them getting out to a fast start).

While they had a decent record last year, all their losses came in conference and the teams they beat outside of the conference weren't exactly great teams. I mean they played an awful Notre Dame, an average K-State, Average North Carolina and horrible Rice....Add to this that the QB who would otherwise be their starter is out, their o-line wasn't great last year (though four guys return....there is a real chance they will have three new starters), they lost their all world RB...oh and on defense their d line is in flux after losing the best d lineman in the conference. Don't see how they have any real hope of being as good as last year...In fact, as I look at their schedule I would pick them to finish 6-6, or if things go their way 7-5 (and that is with them getting out to a fast start).

Chryst is practicing. Bryce Love is going to be good at RB and they are potentially better at WR. OL talent is present. Thomas was great, so the DL takes a step back, but their LBs can likely absorb the blow. Secondary was very good when healthy (i.e, not during some of those losses). They may be a year away from being a true championship contender, but they do not have many weaknesses.

Chryst is practicing. Bryce Love is going to be good at RB and they are potentially better at WR. OL talent is present. Thomas was great, so the DL takes a step back, but their LBs can likely absorb the blow. Secondary was very good when healthy (i.e, not during some of those losses). They may be a year away from being a true championship contender, but they do not have many weaknesses.

I was personally surprised at how their DBs struggled when they had a few injuries. The best Stanford teams of the recent past could go "next guy up". Their were flaws with their team last year, including at QB. If I were a Cardinal, I'd be concerned that they are very slowly slipping backward. If they have a very good year and challenge UW for the title this year, I'll accept that they are not. But there's at least hints that they have made a few recruiting evaluation mistakes they didn't make 5 years ago.

Josh Rosen - QB - Bruins
UCLA junior QB Josh Rosen completed just 2-of-15 passes during the team's 11-on-11 portion of practice on Wednesday.
Per Scout.com, Rosen had issues at the line of scrimmage, taking several sacks and having several of his passes knocked down. We aren't particularly concerned. Not only is Rosen coming off shoulder surgery, he last played in a game in October. He has the potential to land as the No. 1 overall selection in next spring's draft if he can stay healthy. Texas A&M HC Kevin Sumlin called him the best quarterback in the country during SEC Media Days.
Source: Scout.com
Aug 3 - 7:10 PM

Josh Rosen - QB - Bruins
UCLA junior QB Josh Rosen completed just 2-of-15 passes during the team's 11-on-11 portion of practice on Wednesday.
Per Scout.com, Rosen had issues at the line of scrimmage, taking several sacks and having several of his passes knocked down. We aren't particularly concerned. Not only is Rosen coming off shoulder surgery, he last played in a game in October. He has the potential to land as the No. 1 overall selection in next spring's draft if he can stay healthy. Texas A&M HC Kevin Sumlin called him the best quarterback in the country during SEC Media Days.
Source: Scout.com
Aug 3 - 7:10 PM

Sounds like that OL is still inexplicably bad.

Back