What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Passing

DBT

Club Member
Club Member
Where has our midrange passing game gone? It seems like we hit either short dumps or bombs. We rarely hit the 10 to 20 yard passes anymore. We have pretty damned good receivers so we should be more effective at the mid level throws. I know some of it has to do with protection. Sefo has been under a lot of duress lately. But is it pressure, that guys are just not getting free, or that Sefo isn't finding the open guys? This needs to improve if we want to win out.

Where has our midrange passing game gone? It seems like we hit either short dumps or bombs. We rarely hit the 10 to 20 yard passes anymore. We have pretty damned good receivers so we should be more effective at the mid level throws. I know some of it has to do with protection. Sefo has been under a lot of duress lately. But is it pressure, that guys are just not getting free, or that Sefo isn't finding the open guys? This needs to improve if we want to win out.
Defenses are keying on it. Our WR's aren't secrets anymore. People know they can be lethal in space. Sefo is going to have consistently hit the deep pass to loosen up the mid range game.

We also have stopped throwing the WR screen. Even when it's available. I wonder why. Teams are giving it to us.

I love Bobo after he catches the ball. We need to get him the ball in space.

Ross was invisible last night. Was hoping we would show a few new wrinkles Wazzu would need to game plan for.

The OL is banged up and becoming more of a liability each game. Opposing teams are bull rushing and blitzing a lot as they smell blood in the water. Liufau gets uncomfortable easily as that unfolds and that causes wild inconsistencies in his play. It starts and ends up front. Gotta find answers this week or things could get ugly.

The OL is banged up and becoming more of a liability each game. Opposing teams are bull rushing and blitzing a lot as they smell blood in the water. Liufau gets uncomfortable easily as that unfolds and that causes wild inconsistencies in his play. It starts and ends up front. Gotta find answers this week or things could get ugly.
OL will be alright. Guys were dealing with the flu or something. Should be alright next week.

Arizona had the Lindsay flare pass covered all night. They had a guy keying on him. Every time Lindsay ran to the side to look for a pass, AZ's player came right up to cover him. Seems like we should have been able to exploit that more. A lot of our passing game seems like it has gone away due to the O-line struggles. Sefo seems to be reverting to the old Sefo after he gets hit a few times.

It would be good to roll Sefo out once in a while. His long balls are very accurate from the pocket, his midrange throws less so at times. He also holds onto the ball in the pocket and takes a beating.

I feel like the passing game has been feast or famine in several games this year.

Part of the issue with the offense right now is tempo. We seem to avoid it for large stretches.

Man, I don't know about that. I've seen a disturbing decline in OL play for a few weeks now and it's coincided with the decline in Liufau's performance.

OL hasn't been great, but Sefo just has not been very accurate, even with time.

It would be good to roll Sefo out once in a while. His long balls are very accurate from the pocket, his midrange throws less so at times. He also holds onto the ball in the pocket and takes a beating.
Liufau is very inconsistent throwing on the run. He's a below average passer when things breakdown and he rolls or scrambles. I know you're suggesting planned roll outs so that might produce a different outcome but I have my doubts.

We were eating teams up on slants early in the year, especially Montez. Defenses are taking it away now and forcing us to throw to the sidelines more often, and our QBs seem less accurate on those throws.

Any word on lynott?. They said on tv he was helped off after Lindsey scored his final touchdown.

For those not happy with Sefo's play yesterday, he had the second highest passer rating of any PAC 12 QB. He came in at 165.9, which was just above Falk (163.7) and below the leader Keller Christ (194.5).
I think what most who are unhappy are saying is if Liufau were just a bit more consistent, this team would be significantly better prepared to face increasingly tough competition down the stretch.

We scored 49 points last night. Our offense, despite the OL issues, was incredibly efficient. It wasn't perfect, so people worry, but I think Arizona put one of their best efforts of the year out there on the field yesterday and we still beat them by more than three touchdowns. Am I nervous about WSU and Utah? Yes. But come on. When you see Michigan and Clemson go down to lesser teams, you have to appreciate even more how consistent CU has been this year. And Sefo has been a big part of that.

I think what most who are unhappy are saying is if Liufau were just a bit more consistent, this team would be significantly better prepared to face increasingly tough competition down the stretch.

And Sefo would be a top draft pick and likely in the national award conversation. For better or worse, Sefo is who he is.

One thing for sure, Sefo throws one helluva deep ball. I just want to see more in the 15 yard range. Also, Sefo, I thought, took a couple of bad sacks.

Back