What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Paterno is out tonight / Possible riots at PSU?

Sandusky´s lawyer knocked up a teenage girl in the 90s ...

Dennis Dodds is tweeting some stuff as it´s airing on the East Coast

Costas: Are you sexually attracted to underage boys? Sandusky: "Sexually attracted? I enjoy young people."

"I could say I have done some of those things. I have horsed around ... without the intent of sexual contact."

---

Hey, I am alcoholic, but all that bourbon, whiskey and vodka you see here in my house? Hey, I was just horsing around with it!

On shutting the program down: On who's authority? The NCAA? What NCAA violations were committed? The Big 10 ? What by laws were broken? I'm not trying to defend PSU, but would like to know who would shut them down and on what grounds.

On shutting the program down: On who's authority? The NCAA? What NCAA violations were committed? The Big 10 ? What by laws were broken? I'm not trying to defend PSU, but would like to know who would shut them down and on what grounds.
LOIC has to be in there somewhere.

LOIC has to be in there somewhere.

Why? The NCAA has control over student athletics. It doesn't have control over what athletic department personnel do away from the field.

I would see no problem with PSU deciding to shut down the program, although I have no idea what that is supposed to do to help the victims. But if the NCAA has the power to shut down a program because of the off-field action of a coach or coaches, it's even more out of control than I think it is...

The NCAA doesn't have the authority to shut down PSU, neither does the Big 10 to my understanding.

The only real authority to shut the program would come from one of three places. One would be inside the university itself and the board of regents (or governors or whatever they call themselves,) the second would be the state government either through legislation or exective order by the governor, the third potential and this would be a real stretch but the courts could say that without a complete overhaul the people running the program present an ongoing danger since they work with young people and include people who were in some form complicit with child abuse.

That said the political firestorm from the general population of the state, especially as more graphic and sickening details come out may put the school or the politicians in a situation where they have to do something drastic to show that they are taking things back under control.

I also see that McQueary said he did stop it and didnt just turn and run away. Im to the point I dont know what to believe. If he can say that now, why the hell did he wait to get dragged through the mud first? The tv movie or an outright production is on the way for this one.

Sandusky_Surprise.gif

From one of the posters on a Michigan board (mgoblog.com), a pretty good diagram of Sandusky's defense strategy:

Sandusky.jpg

For all those pervs that Sandusky can name, that he pimped boys out to - I think Monday night's interview shows giant cracks in his wall. I'm surprised Jerry has the morals to even want to lie or cover-up for anyone else.

Thanks for posting that direct comment about his wandering, non-denial response to the 'sexually attracted' question. "Are you a pedophile?" gets a pause before a flat "No." He said that will all the emotional intensity of someone looking at a cloudless sky. "Is it raining?" No.

If Jerry can name names, I think there are passports already in the works. "Thailand's nice this time of year."

The reason Sandusky the perv is ambivalent, is because he is a full blown pedo, IMO. He really doesn't believe he has done anything wrong. To him, it is an "alternative lifestyle". He thinks he is being loving/supportive/mentoring. He probably really can't see anything wrong with what he is doing, and as time goes by he'll say more about it because in his twisted mind, he thinks if he explains it, society will see he has done no harm. If all of this is true, he represents the worst kind of offender, the one who has lost the ability to separate right from wrong...he is virtually unredeemable and should, at a minimum, be locked away in some small dark hole until he dies, I leave the at most scenario to your imagination.

His answer to the question of whether he was attracted to young boys certainly was interesting. I'm thinking everyone that isn't would be somewhat offended by the question and answer with an emphatic, "NO", but not this guy.

The reason Sandusky the perv is ambivalent, is because he is a full blown pedo, IMO. He really doesn't believe he has done anything wrong. To him, it is an "alternative lifestyle". He thinks he is being loving/supportive/mentoring. He probably really can't see anything wrong with what he is doing, and as time goes by he'll say more about it because in his twisted mind, he thinks if he explains it, society will see he has done no harm. If all of this is true, he represents the worst kind of offender, the one who has lost the ability to separate right from wrong...he is virtually unredeemable and should, at a minimum, be locked away in some small dark hole until he dies, I leave the at most scenario to your imagination.

A cop friend of mine basically explained that this is exactly how most child molesters feel. They just don't think they've done anything wrong.

Question:

Do you think McQueary would have stopped Sandusky from raping Joe Paterno? Do you think Sandusky raped McQueary when he was young? I'd imagine if you grew up in State College there's a good change you've been raped by Jerry Sandusky.

His answer to the question of whether he was attracted to young boys certainly was interesting. I'm thinking everyone that isn't would be somewhat offended by the question and answer with an emphatic, "NO", but not this guy.

A cop friend of mine basically explained that this is exactly how most child molesters feel. They just don't think they've done anything wrong.

Exactly. I thought it was very telling that he kind of talked all around whether or not he was sexually attracted to young boys, but when they asked if he had had inappropriate sexual contact with young boys, he quickly said "no". For some reason, to me it immediately made me think of the fact that NAMBLA types don't think there is anything inappropriate with what they do...

So why is McQueary changing his story now? Saying he stopped it to emails to former players but didn't say that in the grand jury. Who is this kid that the Sandusky's lawyer dug up to say he didn't do it in 2002? What happens if the one eyewitness event to the rape (mike m) isn't believed by the jury? Is Sandusky going to get out of this?

Well a few things, Sandusky didnt help himself. He only showered and horsed around with them, yeah ok holmes. Towel snapping aside, McQueary looks like he is in damage control mode. They asked a teammate that got that email if he believed him, he wouldnt be named. He said I want to believe him, thats code for I like the guy but I have my doubts. This is a ****ing circus.

I really dont buy the he didnt think he was doing anything wrong either. Listening to Ritchie about him being embarrassed when he spoke highly of him, I buy that. What are the chances you get caught not once but twice doing sexual acts to kids? Giving oral sex, no less, hard to mistake that for horsing around. McQueary is the one making me wonder, I really dont know what he saw. Fact is, he is guilty of a moral obligation in the public's eye, at this point. His coaching career is done, even if he did stop it, he didnt call the cops and stuff happened after. Game, set, match.

Well a few things, Sandusky didnt help himself. He only showered and horsed around with them, yeah ok holmes. Towel snapping aside, McQueary looks like he is in damage control mode. They asked a teammate that got that email if he believed him, he wouldnt be named. He said I want to believe him, thats code for I like the guy but I have my doubts. This is a ****ing circus.

From what I have been hearing, McQueary has not changed his story. He has not even spoken to the press. What is supposedly being reported is some of what was in his grand jury testimony. At least that is what they are saying on the radio.

From what I have been hearing, McQueary has not changed his story. He has not even spoken to the press. What is supposedly being reported is some of what was in his grand jury testimony. At least that is what they are saying on the radio.
Did they mention anything about him calling the cops?

Is that enough for you? Personally, it isnt for me. Not asking to put u on the spot, just curious on the opinion.

No, it is not enough for me. All of these ****ers need to go to a deep dark hole. Do not mistake what I said for feeling sorry for them. I just was pointing out that from what I have heard, he has not changed his story which several folks were accusing him of doing.

Mike M to talk to CBS News tonight.

This is becoming a circus

Already a circus, just adding more make-up to the clowns.

This thing is going to drag out and the longer it drags out the more sensational stuff the media is going to want. Combine this with additional victims coming out of the woodwork and lots of people who were associated with it on the fringes trying to clear their names by throwing the blame on others and how it finally ends is hard to tell.

No matter what happens, at this point a number of careers are already over and more will be destroyed. When everybody is in damage control mode they are going to do a lot of damage to each other and likely to people who we haven't even heard of yet.

And in my mind, anyone who knew what was going on, or should have known what was going on, and didn't act to stop it deserves to suffer damage from this process.

Mike M was a grad assistant, grew up with Sandusky's kids (& I think roomed with one of his sons @ PSU) - so I, in a way, understand his shock & fear in reporting what he saw. But I'm almost angrier with his father - if I came home & told my parents what he did, they would have put me in the car & driven me to the police station immediately. There is no way in hell they would've told me to go tell the head football coach the next day.

I seriously believe the entire community turned a blind eye. Every day we are finding out more & more people knew about the suspicions/allegations... it's seriously just maddening that it went on & on & on...

Back