What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Planning our first trip to see the Buffs.....need some help

My alma mater is the University of Louisiana (Ragin Cajuns). I am a season ticket holder for just about everything there as I am sure is the case for most of you guys.

I don't support LSU mainly because of the fan base. They are a bit obnoxious

We have one LSU grad in our group. He is a good guy though. The rest are Vandy, Duke, Penn St, and Univ of Delaware grads

Understand, they're my relatives and yes they're obnoxious as hell when it comes to LSU football.
I went to Mardi Gras in Lafayette a few years back and I think Mardi Gras in Lafayette > Mardi Gras in New Orleans.

Last edited:
My alma mater is the University of Louisiana (Ragin Cajuns). I am a season ticket holder for just about everything there as I am sure is the case for most of you guys.

We have one LSU grad in our group. He is a good guy though. The rest are Vandy, Duke, Penn St, and Univ of Delaware grads
If you added baylor, you'd be travelling with the sexual assault headline all-stars!

What's the LSU grad's opinion on corn dogs?

Probably unaware of them.

Fish were the last to discover water.

Those who wear perfume or cologne can no longer smell it over a period of time.

If you don blue-tinted glasses, you will only see a blue-tinted world for a short while before your brain adjusts.

He is like most LSU fans....when you bring up the corn dog reference he makes a very puzzled face as if he has no idea how people have come up with that reference.......He is a level headed guy though so i don't mess with him too bad about it.

Yes. We prefer just UL or Louisiana

Because of how the university gets listed on ESPN and other sites, most people don't know that Lafayette is the flagship. Outsiders think that Monroe is equivalent. University really needs to work on its marketing & branding with that.

Did your group do Duke at Virginia Tech a few years ago?

We are only in our third year of doing this trip.

Year one was Michigan at Penn State.
Last year was Clemson at Florida State

This year, our top three games that fell into the available weekends were

USC at Colorado
Oklahoma at Oklahoma State
Iowa at Wisconsin

We are only in our third year of doing this trip.

Year one was Michigan at Penn State.
Last year was Clemson at Florida State

This year, our top three games that fell into the available weekends were

USC at Colorado
Oklahoma at Oklahoma State
Iowa at Wisconsin
I had a bad experience recently, while traveling to one of their games.

I would be honored if a few genuine cajuns stopped by our tailgate to sample my jambalaya.

Tell em about the burrito part.

That's not insignificant.

Be sure to ask about the Burrito button.

Midgets advised not to wear clown attire.

US Navy sexual innuendo advisory

Visitors, beware of your leg getting dry humped.

Some guy that looks like Ponch from CHiPs might instigate a fight that involves an angry elf keen on warming your face on Sackman's grill before its ****ed.

That's not insignificant.

Be sure to ask about the Burrito button.

Midgets advised not to wear clown attire.

US Navy sexual innuendo advisory

Visitors, beware of your leg getting dry humped.

Some guy that looks like Ponch from CHiPs might instigate a fight that involves an angry elf keen on warming your face on Sackman's grill before its ****ed.
Not that part. The part about putting the jambalaya in tortillas. The rest was going to be a surprise.

Welcome and I understand your disdain towards LSwho. My parents went to Tulane, father met my mother while he was in med school there and she was a senior at Tulane, she's originally from New Iberia. Always loved hearing my dad talk about how when LSU played Tulane in the mid-80s, that the Tulane students would chant, "That's alright, that's okay. Y'all will work for us some day." Once as a teenager, we were headed down to New Iberia for Christmas, one day we went to New Orleans and as we went through Baton Rouge, we stopped at Death Valley so my dad could take a piss on the Mike The Tiger statue.

As for Boulder, parking can be tricky at times, but generally not too difficult. There are plenty of places to grab some food and beer on the Hill (where the students hangout) and on Pearl Street. If you are here for more than one day, I would highly suggest going to Avery Brewing Company in Gunbarrel, which is just a few miles from Boulder. Longmont also has some go breweries with Lefthand and Oskar Blues. If you're up for the drive, New Belgium and Odell Brewing in Fort Collins are pretty awesome.

For the game, I would get seats up in the 2nd level of the east side of the stadium. That way if it's an evening game, which looks it could be, you will have the sun to keep you warm before it gets dark. Also you'll be able to make your way to the indoor practice facility at half for a beer or two before the game starts back up.

Welcome and I understand your disdain towards LSwho. My parents went to Tulane, father met my mother while he was in med school there and she was a senior at Tulane, she's originally from New Iberia. Always loved hearing my dad talk about how when LSU played Tulane in the mid-80s, that the Tulane students would chant, "That's alright, that's okay. Y'all will work for us some day." Once as a teenager, we were headed down to New Iberia for Christmas, one day we went to New Orleans and as we went through Baton Rouge, we stopped at Death Valley so my dad could take a piss on the Mike The Tiger statue.

As for Boulder, parking can be tricky at times, but generally not too difficult. There are plenty of places to grab some food and beer on the Hill (where the students hangout) and on Pearl Street. If you are here for more than one day, I would highly suggest going to Avery Brewing Company in Gunbarrel, which is just a few miles from Boulder. Longmont also has some go breweries with Lefthand and Oskar Blues. If you're up for the drive, New Belgium and Odell Brewing in Fort Collins are pretty awesome.

For the game, I would get seats up in the 2nd level of the east side of the stadium. That way if it's an evening game, which looks it could be, you will have the sun to keep you warm before it gets dark. Also you'll be able to make your way to the indoor practice facility at half for a beer or two before the game starts back up.
Thanks for the advice! I live in Lafayette, which is less than 15 miles from New Iberia and your dad sounds like someone I would get along with!!! That mike the tiger stop ya'll took is GREAT!!

Our tickets are in section 110 i think.....I know its in the corner of the endzone above the word COLORADO. We are flying into Denver on Thursday night and making a quick trip to Monument, CO to visit one of our companies facilities but plan on being in Boulder not much after 12pm.......We are looking to maybe do some microbrewery tours or something like that.....We want to experience boulder as much as possible on friday and then go all in for CU on game day.

Thanks for the advice! I live in Lafayette, which is less than 15 miles from New Iberia and your dad sounds like someone I would get along with!!! That mike the tiger stop ya'll took is GREAT!!

Our tickets are in section 110 i think.....I know its in the corner of the endzone above the word COLORADO. We are flying into Denver on Thursday night and making a quick trip to Monument, CO to visit one of our companies facilities but plan on being in Boulder not much after 12pm.......We are looking to maybe do some microbrewery tours or something like that.....We want to experience boulder as much as possible on friday and then go all in for CU on game day.

Twisted Pine
Fate
Avery
Wild Woods
Upslope
Vindication

Are some of my favorite micro's in/around town.

Keep in mind CU will open for tailgating 6 hours prior to kick off, or 8am which ever is later. The CU vs USC game may be a night game so hopefully lots open somewhere around 12-2pm.

My wife is from Lafayette. I was there a couple weekends ago, nice little town. We went to some beer garden downtown that was a good time.

I think we are off of Foothill Pkwy.....Near Manhattan Middle School.....(that is the only landmark i can see on mapquest)

We are thinking of doing so sort of pub crawl or Microbrewery Tour on the friday that we all arrive.

As far as the FU thing.......I laughed when i saw it and totally understood what was going on.....It told me that i was on the right board
Mapquest???? 1998 called and said the website is still buffering

No doubt.
The Oct 7 game versus Arizona is the better option for Dave if he's really wanting to ensure this trip to Boulder sets a high bar.

It's almost as if Dave is trying to sandbag for 2018.
I'm just assuming he wanted to see CU beat USC for the first time ever.

Back