What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Plati Strikes Back on BuffChick

"It was great to hear back from you Mr. Plati!!"

Sincerely,

homeless.jpg

BuffChick!

Geez BRC, thanks for posting a picture from your wedding night! :lol:

we are in the chase for a real stud QB. I can't imagine it would make Landry Jones much more likely to come here if the perception sticks that Cody is getting preferential treatment. Competing for a job is one thing, signing up to get screwed is another...

I honestly think that Landry is going to commit to one of the O's: Oklahoma or Oregon. But, since he is commiting fairly early, hopefully to the University of Colorado, CU is going to have to show an offense that is night and day to what they presented last year if they have any hope of keeping his commit.

.......but back to the main thread. Plati did well for the university to put this fire out before denver's "responsible" media took this story, gave it some legs and ran with it.

Last edited:
He added an update.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=827002

Update: I have had two cordial and pleasant e-mail exchanges with the poster of the original message; I explained my side and why I needed to address this in such a manner; she apologized, and I reiterated that we at CU appreciate her past and present support of the program and that we need more people like her, as she has in fact been here through thick and thin with the Buffaloes.

He added an update.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=827002

Update: I have had two cordial and pleasant e-mail exchanges with the poster of the original message; I explained my side and why I needed to address this in such a manner; she apologized, and I reiterated that we at CU appreciate her past and present support of the program and that we need more people like her, as she has in fact been here through thick and thin with the Buffaloes.

Nice work, scoop !

Scroll up 6 posts..:smile2:

I probably don't know the whole story. I do remember reading Smitty wanted a press pass and didnt Plati say no unless nebuffs was no longer anonymous?

More or less. smitty also sued CU after said press-pass attempts were denied.

In my few conversations with Mr. Plati on the subject of Internet message boards, it's not that he hates them per se, it's the uncontrolled nature of wild rumors flying around in a VERY public manner that he dislikes. Back before Gore installed the series of tubes that is teh intarwebs, these rumors would be spread over a couple beers and not go much further.

I have nothing bu respect for Mr. Plati and the difficult job he has sometimes. That and he's a Buff all the way through.

Well, if anyone knows sad it has to be KSU fans. Their program has been the definition of sad. Your a sad, sad little mildcat saul.

sometimes i think saul is just misunderstood...i read his comment to mean that he laughs at the denver media which is sad and pathetic...

...a very accurate assessment.

sometimes i think saul is just misunderstood...i read his comment to mean that he laughs at the denver media which is sad and pathetic...

:yeahthat:

when saul wants to stir the proverbial pot, he does so in a far more direct and sarcasm-laced manner.

I laugh at KSU fans, they're so sad for thinking they have a football tradition because the sport startedin 1992. ****ing sad and pathetic!

I suppose it is better to have started in 1992 than ended in 2006.

Another few years like the last one and you guys will be lobbying for a spot in the Mountain West.

I suppose it is better to have started in 1992 than ended in 2006.

Another few years like the last one and you guys will be lobbying for a spot in the Mountain West.

Colorado holds the 15th best all time record, acording to college football data warehouse. That is the 4th best for what is now known as the B12. Thre are 5 B12 teams in the top 25, and it does not include KSU. Your worries are a little misplaced, little pussy. proof is in the pudding

Last edited:
I am rather intrigued by the above linked compilation of win loss records.

Kansas State looks up to rival Kansas (who ranks at #46). They still look up to B12 opponent Texas Tech, who is ranked #69.

KSU, since the mountain west was brought into it, looks up to little sister Colorado State, who ranks at #82.

The rank of 443-583-41 KSU? #90. Yep. You know some ****ty seasons. :lol:

Seriously Sal, the Denver media is essentially a bunch of kinder gardeners and the media frenzy of the last couple of years has reinforced some of the media's bad habits like pouncing on a sensational rumor like bunch of 13 year old boys who just found Dad's Playboy stash. CU needs to "train" the media to be a little more thorough and develop the skill to evaluate the reliability of a source before they get the media machine in gear and what Plati just did was part of that training.

I was also wondering if what Plati did was also a reflection of the new HC. GB was obsessed with keeping a tight lid on all information about the program but I get the feeling that Hawk is much less controlling in that area. Plati might have responded to this, and in such a quick fashion, because he now finally has the freedom to do it.

I am rather intrigued by the above linked compilation of win loss records.

Kansas State looks up to rival Kansas (who ranks at #46). They still look up to B12 opponent Texas Tech, who is ranked #69.

KSU, since the mountain west was brought into it, looks up to little sister Colorado State, who ranks at #82.

The rank of 443-583-41 KSU? #90. Yep. You know some ****ty seasons. :lol:

Reminds me alot of Notre Dame fans.

You've got nothin, so you have to constantly harp about the "good old days" and the "history and tradition". Nevermind you guys lost to a I-AA team and only won...2 games. Right now, the Colorado athletic department is by far the most pathetic in the Big XII.

You've got nothin, so you have to constantly harp about the "good old days" and the "history and tradition". Nevermind you guys lost to a I-AA team and only won...2 games. Right now, the Colorado athletic department is by far the most pathetic in the Big XII.

hmmm...

sometimes i think saul is just sad and pathetic...

fixed it for myself...

Something else KSU fans know about, losing to Div. I-AA teams.

It is a genuinely new phenomenon at Colorado, as we have only played 1 such team.

well sweetie, tell me what you have got, since having it all right now is so important to you?

did you win the nc last year? the big 12? how about the big 12 north?

NO?

okay then sugar. in that case, i will contine being proud about the fact that aside from last year, the buffs have OWNED the north for some time. thanks. :thumbsup:

Back