What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Playoff and Bowl selection thread

the only bowl not televised...too funny
This was the ultimate insult. Playing a fellow MW team was already an insult...add in being the ONLY bowl game without TV and this is just like being put at the tiny table in the farthest corner of the restaurant just behind the kitchen doors.

If nothing else, Ram fans are always good for a variety of fallacies; e.g. they are more deserving to play UCLA than the Corn because 7-5 > 5-7; e.g. the Bball team was better than the Tarheels because they beat UNI and UNI beat UNC.

If nothing else, Ram fans are always good for a variety of fallacies; e.g. they are more deserving to play UCLA than the Corn because 7-5 > 5-7; e.g. the Bball team was better than the Tarheels because they beat UNI and UNI beat UNC.
most of these bowls are set on the premise of "How well a teams fan base travels", it's all about the $. Those stupid husker fans do travel well.

This was the ultimate insult. Playing a fellow MW team was already an insult...add in being the ONLY bowl game without TV and this is just like being put at the tiny table in the farthest corner of the restaurant just behind the kitchen doors.

Took a look at sheepnation last night and it was hilarious. Their sentiment though is correct, no way in the world should two teams that by the rules qualified for bowl games be relegated to this disaster of an affair with no TV and playing a conference opponent when two teams that only got in because of an exemption created when there weren't enough qualified team get to play quality opponents on national TV.

Simply another example though of the hypocracy of the NCAA. This was all about the money. You could have put Nebraska and any other P5 team in the toilet bowl in Cleveland and 30,000+ polyester wearing red fans would show up filling hotel and every Denny's in town. The crowd for thw MWC bowl might fit into a typical HS stadium by the time it is all over.

I am a fan of the bowls, enjoy watching a bunch of them every year, but this turn of events should have never happened. If you have so many bowls that you can't get teams with a .500 record for them and can't interest a single national carrier in buying the game then they need to cut some bowls, not let a couple losers play to fill them.

Took a look at sheepnation last night and it was hilarious. Their sentiment though is correct, no way in the world should two teams that by the rules qualified for bowl games be relegated to this disaster of an affair with no TV and playing a conference opponent when two teams that only got in because of an exemption created when there weren't enough qualified team get to play quality opponents on national TV.

Simply another example though of the hypocracy of the NCAA. This was all about the money. You could have put ****braska and any other P5 team in the toilet bowl in Cleveland and 30,000+ polyester wearing red fans would show up filling hotel and every Denny's in town. The crowd for thw MWC bowl might fit into a typical HS stadium by the time it is all over.

I am a fan of the bowls, enjoy watching a bunch of them every year, but this turn of events should have never happened. If you have so many bowls that you can't get teams with a .500 record for them and can't interest a single national carrier in buying the game then they need to cut some bowls, not let a couple losers play to fill them.
To put it simply Mtn, you (and they) are absolutely right. The 6-6 and better teams should have gotten top priority over any 5-7 teams since they qualified for bowl games fair and square and the 5-7 teams should have been relegated to the leftovers. With that said, I love the sweet sweet tears of the CSU fans that their 7-5 team is relegated to the only bowl game that is not televised nationally against a fellow conference foe. If there was ever a Toilet Bowl, this is it.

To put it simply Mtn, you (and they) are absolutely right. The 6-6 and better teams should have gotten top priority over any 5-7 teams since they qualified for bowl games fair and square and the 5-7 teams should have been relegated to the leftovers. With that said, I love the sweet sweet tears of the CSU fans that their 7-5 team is relegated to the only bowl game that is not televised nationally against a fellow conference foe. If there was ever a Toilet Bowl, this is it.
Yes, but the NCAA has the utterly ridiculous APR. A fusker acquaintance of mine was bragging that they had the highest Academic Progress Rate of any of the losers. All I could do was shake my head.

Yes, but the NCAA has the utterly ridiculous APR. A fusker acquaintance of mine was bragging that they had the highest Academic Progress Rate of any of the losers. All I could do was shake my head.
Not sure if I'm repeating your point, but APR is really nothing to brag about.

How hard is it to get a high GPA at a school like Nebraska, especially with the classes they offer in their "athete options."

How hard is it to get a high GPA at a school like ****braska, especially with the classes they offer in their "athete options."
Don't forget they have 947 all-academic scholars! It says so inside their stadium!

Not a single one of them would have gotten into Stanford, and probably only two-thirds would have gained admission to Cal.
Or CU for that matter. I always thought that was a moronic, meaningless sign. More fuskerganda by the greatest college program to play their games at Memorial Stadium.

Back