What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Please beat Utah this week to shut them up

Come out to a game in their little stadium here and you'll see what I'm talking about. By little I mean BYU's stadium seats 20,000 more fans than Yewtah's....

I was at their "small stadium" for their dismantling of UCLA. It was a fantastic time. Food was good, everyone was friendly, and the atmosphere in the stadium was great for 3.5 quarters (blowout so people started to leave). They hold just over 45k plus standing room so I wouldn't call that "small". Tailgating seemed sporadic but everyone was having a good time. I saw very few goatees but lots of beards...I sense a lot of jealousy and FOMO in these posts.

Come out to a game in their little stadium here and you'll see what I'm talking about. By little I mean BYU's stadium seats 20,000 more fans than Yewtah's.

So you'll see the Yewt fans pull up in their old beat up Camaro or jacked up truck wearing their red jersey and immediately get a beer out in a beer cosi out of their trunks or truck beds from a cooler. It's like every bad stereo type complete with mullets and goatees..Sadly, they just did away with 3.2 beer around here in Utah so Yewt fans are only going to be drunker.
It is hilarious to me that tailgating is a bad thing in your world.

Then why yew? Wouldn’t Youtah be more indicative of their self centered ways? I don’t really understand how calling them trees is derogatory. Also since they are now in the Pac-12 shouldn’t you call them the pacific yews?

View attachment 32759
As an aside, did you know the Yew is one of the few trees to have berries? Mulberry, too. My topiary witticism in Berry's thread went horribly unnoticed.

Oh, and **** off, troll (I suspect a pissed-off duck).

The Utes tricked the PAC-10 into the invite. In fact, did you know that the PAC-10 had extended BYU an invite back in the 90s. BYU declined because it had an agreement with the University of Utah that the schools would stay together. The second Utah had an invite, it broke the agreement and left BYU high and dry. Go figure and shows how scummy they really are.

This is a grown man version of the “I already have a girlfriend who is way hotter than anyone who goes to this school. You wouldn’t know her, but she’s a total babe and wants me all the time.”

Sad. Really sad. Your wives would be embarrassed to see you stooping to this level.

This is a grown man version of the “I already have a girlfriend who is way hotter than anyone who goes to this school. You wouldn’t know her, but she’s a total babe and wants me all the time.”

Sad. Really sad. Your wives would be embarrassed to see you stooping to this level.

Our BYU troll's idea of tailgating is probably a pre-game Church service.

Here's the thing @BYU Dad we are assholes who like to drink, smoke, and have lots of pre, post, and intramarital sex. Those aren't bad things in our book.

The guys who created South Park and the Broadway show Book of Mormon? CU guys.

We're proud of 'em. Seriously, not "some students" are proud, not "a few people." The AD frequently has Cartman do the player introductions at our games.

I'm pretty sure that when we joined the Pac-12, someone actually printed "Here come the assholes!" t-shirts. Another fan-base didn't print them. We printed them ourselves, because we know who, and what we are - and we're damn proud of it.

Sure, we'll do your dirty work for you by beating the team you hate most. But we're not doing you a favor. If a Ute fan gets drunk and tries to piss on something BYU related, we'll probably have a tough time deciding if we should egg him on or go join him.

If we beat Utah, it will be because they were in our way, not because of any special hate for them.

Last edited:
Here's the thing @BYU Dad we are assholes who like to drink, smoke, and have lots of pre, post, and intramarital sex. Those aren't bad things in our book.

We're proud of 'em. Seriously, Cartman frequently does the player introductions at our games.

I'm pretty sure that when we joined the Pac-12, someone actually printed "Here come the assholes!" t-shirts. Another fan-base didn't print them. We printed them ourselves, because we know who, and what we are - and we're damn proud of it.

Sure, we'll do your dirty work for you by beating the team you hate most. But we're not doing you a favor. If a Ute fan gets drunk and tries to piss on something BYU related, we'll probably have a tough time deciding if we should egg him on or go join him.

If we beat Utah, it will be because they were in our way, not because of any special hate for them.

better to be pissed off than pissed on.

word.

@BYU Dad , welcome to Allbuffs, where the members relish Colorado's reputation of being shjtty to fans of other teams. I think this is probably not what you're used to in Provo. Setting judgement aside of which approach has more merit, I think your fans are outstanding ambassadors of your school (and likely trying to be such for the affiliated religion as well, but we can keep that part out of the football forum. In 2017 my wife and I visited Edwards Stadium in 2017 as Wisconsin fans (they're my B1G team), and I've never experienced such a sincerely warm welcome. I've attended at least eight college football stadiums as a vsiiting fan and have never been treated so well. Literally, on the walk from the parking lot into the stadium, no less than three groups of people stopped us and thanked us for visiting Provo. During the game, I was sitting with the Wisconsin players' family members, and a some representatives of the school (dude looked just like Steven Covey) handed out ice cream to all the Wisconsin fans, telling us how happy they were to host us. We went to some steakhouse after the game (still garbed in red & white) and, no exaggeration, at least four people came up to us and thanked us for coming -- while apologizing that BYU's team "didn't show up". Nebraska fans take some pride in claiming to be the "classiest fans in CFB" but they don't hold a candle to BYU fans (of fan bases I've interacted with, i will give them a solid 3rd place, with Wyoming as a distant 2nd).

I would give any college football fan the strongest encouragement to attend a game at your school. However, I want to be clear, the mountain views from Edwards Stadium are nice, but no where near as spectacular as the Flatirons from Folsom's east stands.

Utah “tricked” the pac10 into the invite?
giphy.gif

here’s a short history lesson: the original plan was to add six schools: CU, Texas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Texas Tech and A&M. The conference specifically wanted to avoid Baylor because of the religious nature of the school. That deal fell out when UT and OU mixed it, and A&M fled to the SEC. The Pac 10 then went to plan B which was CU and UU. BYU was never in the mix due to the same issues that led Baylor to never be in the mix. That’s not going to change. Unless you’re OK with playing basketball games on Sunday. You OK with playing basketball games on Sunday? (And volleyball, soccer, whatever?)

Most CU fans respect the Hell out of Utah. They constantly punch above their weight. They’ve been a solid addition to the conference and the games against them are usually pretty good.
Do you have a reputable source for that, or is it based on fan speculation?

tangent: I see that GIF all the time and finally looked it up (google image search works on GIF's in case anyone else was curious). I had no idea that was the chick from the Hunger Games -- she looks nothing like her movie character in that clip (at least to me).

We're proud of 'em. Seriously, Cartman frequently does the player introductions at our games.

leo.jpg

I feel like *someone* in this thread is trying to apologize for the rest of us. I judge that to be wildly inappropriate and potentially a tos violation.

And why in the world would I want to see any recent version of our Buffs at a dry stadium? That’s pretty much a horrible idea and is awarded two nad kicks.

urge to sing rapids songs about utah rising... RISING.... RIIIIIIIIIIIISING... ba da da dum, snap snap ba da da dum, snap snap ba da da dum ba da da dum, ba da da dum, snap snap .... must NOT VIOLATE TOS....

Back