What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Polls, rankings and bowl projections

let's get a win over usc. we'll make a big jump in the polls. this is where the politics of this stuff can start to help us. p12 voters want to prop the p12. if we are unbeaten and headed into the uw game, we are going to pick up a ton of votes in the footprint. that way, the uw game will be even bigger, and if we don't win that one, we won't fall as far. we've got some poll momentum.
The one time where I think an over rated udub could work in our favor, SC regardless of record still has pull with the East coast. Beat them both after udub beats oregon the skies the limit.

if we win the next 2, we are in the top 10 for sure and the Buffs will be discussed nationally as a playoff contender.
Probably, I was reading an East coast article this morning and what stands out to me in a very positive way is that we're now the only undefeated team West of the Miss. and don't share that distinction with OU a traditional player in today's system. Went on to ask the question could CU be the West's best remaining hope to reach the playoffs?

Sadly,

El Paso - Juarez used to be a fun place to spend a few days, now you don't do that unless you have to.

Was it last year or the year before that bullets from an exchange in Juarez ended up flying onto campus almost hitting some people.

Nope a few years ago https://www.kvia.com/news/mexico-vi...-juarez-shootout-strikes-utep-campus/53145161 and actually hitting someone close to campus in the downtown area https://www.kvia.com/news/woman-sho...et-from-mexico-speaks-about-incident/53247897

These are from 2010 but the cartels are still in control of much of Juarez. Not a place you want to spend a lot of time more worried about having fun than protecting yourself.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sicario_(2015_film)?wprov=sfti1
BC43FD90-FD99-47EF-8D47-187516A91031.jpeg

1. Alabama
2-5. Clemson, Georgia, Ohio State and Notre Dame in whatever order floats your boat.
Maybe WVU at #6 since they're undefeated.

After that feels like guess work with flawed teams that either have a loss or haven't beaten anyone notable.

Right. I meant 6-20. The top five seem on another level right now... BUT Georgia especially has to go through a gauntlet now.

Seems a bit early to have 3 teams in the Top 25 that have 2 losses. Not surprisingly, they're all SEC teams. Because the rule for ranking teams in the AP poll is that when an SEC team loses to an SEC team it only counts as half a loss while the winner of the game gets credit for one and a half victories.

Auburn looks lost on offense.

A&M has basically won one tough game out of three.

Auburn looks lost on offense.

A&M has basically won one tough game out of three.
As long as Clemson doesn't lose A&M will get credit for playing them close, the only reason they're in the rankings still.
LSU was over rated they weren't the #5 IMO. Ala & GA OSU are right where they should be, WVU LOL has no right being where they are I watched part of their game with KU it makes no sense.

Probably, I was reading an East coast article this morning and what stands out to me in a very positive way is that we're now the only undefeated team West of the Miss. and don't share that distinction with OU a traditional player in today's system. Went on to ask the question could CU be the West's best remaining hope to reach the playoffs?

Too early to answer that......probably Oklahoma or Washington right now.

Too early to answer that......probably Oklahoma or Washington right now.

Meh. Don’t underestimate the CFP committee. If you’re not in the SEC a loss is almost certainly a death sentence. But I don’t disagree, those 2 would be the schools I’d bank on. I love CU, always will but I still don’t think we can hang with the big boys. We’re getting closer though.

See that number off the right that says 18/UR? That is the highest any single coach ranked us, along with the lowest ranking by a single voter.

Anomalies in the list:
4-2 Stanford: 7/24 (lost badly to Utah)
4-2 Auburn: 7/21 (lost to unranked Miss St)
5-0 West Virginia 6/20 (in fairness, they haven't looked dominant at times - like yesterday - but 20th?)
5-1 LSU
6/24 (after losing to Florida yesterday)
5-1 Texas 14/
NR (unranked after knocking off previously unbeaten Oklahoma?)

There should be some type of accountability for these crazy outliers.
That's not the highest/lowest of a single voter. That's the highest and lowest the team has been ranked on the season in the poll.

*Hi/Low Rankings
Hi/Low = The highest and lowest ranking each team has held during the designated season. Any team that starts the season unranked and/or falls out of the top 25 during the season will reflect a "NR" (not ranked) designation as its lowest rank.

That's not the highest/lowest of a single voter. That's the highest and lowest the team has been ranked on the season in the poll.
Ha! Thanks for the that. I was a little surprised the official poll location would dime out their coaches like I thought it was trying to say. My bad.

Watched college football final, they show the Lewis play and a run by laviska, took about 10 seconds. No helmet sticker for LV?

Watched college football final, they show the Lewis play and a run by laviska, took about 10 seconds. No helmet sticker for LV?
I did as well. I couldn’t sleep and got up and watched the midnight edition or so. I’d say they spent 2 minutes total on the PAC in general and it was all at the end of the broadcast.

I usually catch that show on Sunday morning as they run it continuously and thought the same, where's the helmet sticker for Viska. I don't recall him getting a helmet sticker at all this year which of course is BS if that's correct. But yea they did a good job of showing the Lewis play all the way thru.

So I’m not super pissed but Oregon is ranked ahead of us and they played a very weak ooc and lost their only conference game. Where is all of the “their opponents records are a combined???, so we will see what they can do” bs that we are getting?

Their noncon opponent record is 3-14. And Stanford is now looking kinda suspect.

So I’m not super pissed but Oregon is ranked ahead of us and they played a very weak ooc and lost their only conference game. Where is all of the “their opponents records are a combined???, so we will see what they can do” bs that we are getting?
They beat Cal on the road soundly and I think they are getting a bit of a pass for Stanford.

They won a conference game.

Back