What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Polls, rankings and bowl projections

I don't care about the quality of the bowl, honestly. We need a bowl win and going against a team we are clearly overmatched by like in 2016 is not what we need.

I do. I want as many eyeballs on our team as possible when we have a guaranteed national tv game. Pass on the Holiday bowl this year given that-it starts at 7pm Mountain on NYE.

All those eye balls on CU getting beat 38-8 on national TV two years ago was such a good look!

If you're preferential to the Sun/Redbox/Holiday Bowls because you think it means an easier opponent in those games............you probably don't think we've got the right staff in place. I want into the best game we can possibly get into.

If you're preferential to the Sun/Redbox/Holiday Bowls because you think it means an easier opponent in those games............you probably don't think we've got the right staff in place. I want into the best game we can possibly get into.
I get it and of course I'm hoping for the best possible bowl. I was just pointing out that having all the eyeballs on CU in a higher profile bowl game is not always a good thing. Getting embarrassed is not a good look. Getting to 11 wins in 2016 would have been better.

Being at that game was immediately brutal. Like you went home with some gorgeous woman from the bar, she went to the bathroom to "get more comfortable," then she came back out wearing a ten inch strap-on.

I hear you. Given the amount of money spent on the game, the wagers lost, being in Texas, and the sadness of getting fckng boat raced; it all just made for a miserable time.

I hear you. Given the amount of money spent on the game, the wagers lost, being in Texas, and the sadness of getting fckng boat raced; it all just made for a miserable time.
At least the setting was ok. Much of Texas indeed sucks, but I like San Antonio. Margaritas and enchiladas on the river walk helped soothe the pain.

At least the setting was ok. Much of Texas indeed sucks, but I like San Antonio. Margaritas and enchiladas on the river walk helped soothe the pain.
I thought the pregame was awesome. It was cool to be at a spot you could carry booze around for a football game like that and there were a ton of fans from both sides. I talked to some buddies a couple weeks ago about the trip if we make it again and we decided to stay and hang out in Austin for New Years.

I thought the pregame was awesome. It was cool to be at a spot you could carry booze around for a football game like that and there were a ton of fans from both sides. I talked to some buddies a couple weeks ago about the trip if we make it again and we decided to stay and hang out in Austin for New Years.
I’ve spent a couple of New Years in Austin. Would recommend.

Less than a month ago the Buffa-noes were 5-0 and talking about pulling off the impossible by crashing the College Football Playoff party. Now they are 5-3 and in the Coveted Fifth Spot after accomplishing something even more impossible: blowing a 28-point lead and surrendering Bottom 10 stalwart Oregon State's first Pac-12 road win in four years.

Wait, Oregon St hadn't won a Pac12 road game in 4 years?!?

F*ck ESPN and their bullsh*t. So even if we win out CU has a 0.0% chance of making the playoff??
They grouped us in with G5 schools (USF, UCF, Cincinnati) when looking at our chances of making it to the CFB Playoff.
Could they suck the SEC off any harder?
View attachment 27735

Rereading some old posts. Encouraged to see that after four straight losses our playoff chances have not decreased.

Rereading some old posts. Encouraged to see that after four straight losses our playoff chances have not decreased.
The posts from 5-6 weeks ago are a combination of hilarious (in a cynical way - how could we have thought the dream season would continue?) and crushing. I still see the possibility of a mildly pleasant finish.

Back