What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Positives

Hirschman looks like a great QB and even if he is the career backup I am confident with him in the game. Here's the qualifier: If he gets adequate pass protection. Has a great arm. Just wish our line could block for such passing potential.

At worst he looks like an adequete back-up. Between Wood and Hirsch we should be able to redshirt Dillon instead of being forced to play him before he is ready.

Hirschman looks like a great QB and even if he is the career backup I am confident with him in the game. Here's the qualifier: If he gets adequate pass protection. Has a great arm. Just wish our line could block for such passing potential.

I like the zip on the ball but damn the kid takes a long time to deliver the ball. He looks like he is throwing a hail mary every time he throws more than a screen. He has the biggest, longest release/throwing motion I have seen in a long time.... Not a great thing for a team that doesn't have a line to protect you. BUT on the positive side at least we have an elite 11 recruit coming next year along with the texas kid.... hopefully they will provide a bit more talent at this position next year.

Not trying to start a flame war but either you aren't looking or are not capable of seeing what you are looking at. Miller is playing lights out. Ask other coaches or scouts who actually grade the game films. Watched and graded each play (it takes about 45 min for each player) for both Miller and DeCastro. Not much to choose between them. Against
Washington Miller dominated on 62 of 63 plays. The play he clocked Hansen he did it after putting the 330 lb. Nose guard on the ground and was peeling back to help Hansen. It is a crying shame that we get so pissed about the sad state of this team that we pop off even on the kids that are doing well. Watch, watch carefully the films before you cheap shot someone who is doing really well under really tough circumstances.

Not trying to start a flame war but either you aren't looking or are not capable of seeing what you are looking at. Miller is playing lights out. Ask other coaches or scouts who actually grade the game films. Watched and graded each play (it takes about 45 min for each player) for both Miller and DeCastro. Not much to choose between them. Against
Washington Miller dominated on 62 of 63 plays. The play he clocked Hansen he did it after putting the 330 lb. Nose guard on the ground and was peeling back to help Hansen. It is a crying shame that we get so pissed about the sad state of this team that we pop off even on the kids that are doing well. Watch, watch carefully the films before you cheap shot someone who is doing really well under really tough circumstances.
Good first post! God forbid facts get in the way of crriticism. I like the voice reason around here. Cause it ain't me!

Respectfully disagree, I watch line play very closely. Miller has consistently failed to get push in the running game and his pass blocking has been inconsistent at best. You may blame it on coaching, or lack of same in the prior regeim and maybe in the NFL he will get the coaching he needs to dominate as he should be able to with his physical skills, right now I am not seeing it as consistently as you would expect from a guy who has been mentioned as one of the top 3-5 OG prospects in the upcoming draft.

Canty, henderson have been great suprises. Hard to say on hirschamn though he does throw a nice ball. That's a positive post tini...

Mtn. Respect is appreciated and diligence noted. I don't know what your credentials are, but I have been doing this for over forty years and I am the first to admit that particularly when it comes to O and D line you cannot tell how someone performs with out going back and grading the game film. I went through this last year with Nate when the "experts" on these boards were calling him a misfit at tackle. This season is a disaster for sure but it just never ceases to amaze me when folks find it so easy to crack on the guys that are doing well. I'm still ready to buy the beer and grade the performance with anyone who wants to take the time.

Mtn. Respect is appreciated and diligence noted. I don't know what your credentials are, but I have been doing this for over forty years and I am the first to admit that particularly when it comes to O and D line you cannot tell how someone performs with out going back and grading the game film. I went through this last year with Nate when the "experts" on these boards were calling him a misfit at tackle. This season is a disaster for sure but it just never ceases to amaze me when folks find it so easy to crack on the guys that are doing well. I'm still ready to buy the beer and grade the performance with anyone who wants to take the time.
I love rewatching games.. the last 2 I have not been able to do so though. Earlier in the season I noticed that Miller is a monster in space, but doesn't get consistent push in the run game. Also, he can be beat by a bullrush if the pass rusher gets inside. Just surprising to see that stuff happen with him. He has been our best OL.. but he just doesn't dominate.

Let me rephrase: He gets his assignment done, but unless he's out in the open, he just isn't going to bury his man.

I don't have access to coaches films but have watched all broadcast games as well as specifically watching from pretty close to the sideline at the Wazzou game. I have spent a lot of years watching line play as well (including getting ripped by coaches for my many mistakes before my knees took me out of the game.) We are going to have to agree to disagree on Miller. I'm not saying he is playing badly but he is also not performing up to his press or his physical abilities. I would love it if he was since it would make a big difference for this team and his future.

I love rewatching games.. the last 2 I have not been able to do so though. Earlier in the season I noticed that Miller is a monster in space, but doesn't get consistent push in the run game. Also, he can be beat by a bullrush if the pass rusher gets inside. Just surprising to see that stuff happen with him. He has been our best OL.. but he just doesn't dominate.

Let me rephrase: He gets his assignment done, but unless he's out in the open, he just isn't going to bury his man.

Well put, and correct.

I would say though that while he doesn't have close to the physical ability of Miller, Bahktiari is developing quickly into our best lineman when healthy, guy is becoming a technician although he is out of position at LT.

Oh, it looks like we got a fourth.

****, even allowing for the possibility that all 4 of you are female brazilian swimsuit models who are struggling to overcome nymphomania, a 4-way is still exhausting.

Didn't we return 2 kickoffs past the thirty, :woot: ! Two out of nine, :sad2: .

Back