What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post December 2019 Signing Day Grade

What grade would you give the staff for their class after the first signing day?

• A+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • A-

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • B+

Votes: 41 35.3%
  • B

Votes: 33 28.4%
  • B-

Votes: 7 6.0%
  • C+

• C

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • D

• F

• Total voters
I give it a A- assuming Alfano and Harris are in the class, and hoping Clayton is. Also, I am giving a little break in that these guys are building a class for a school that has done jack **** for years. Results on the field should grease the wheels a little bit.

I agree that this should be a floor, not a ceiling for future classes.

There are so many variables here. What are the criteria? Only signed preps? If we lose the Clayton commit, our current 247 rankings take a nose dive to last years levels, which makes me lean C right now. However, do we consider Alfono and Bethel? Since Stacks is a blue shirt, should he really count towards this class? I would say Stillwell probably should be taken into account more than Stacks considering Stillwell's scholarship counts towards the 25 limit for this class, not Stacks'. Also, did anyone's grade just change with Utah's massive 7 spot jump in P12 rankings? I don't believe SC will remain in the basement the entire cycle either. Imagine I will get **** on for asking too many questions and complicating things. :) Lmao!

Last edited:
I'm giving this class an A-. What has CU done lately? Asides from '16 the program has been a dumpster fire, at least in terms of selling to recruits, so getting the players we did is amazing in itself (though being a fan, yes this is the floor we need to have going forward and hoping we have the wins to make that a reality). Not having Alfano in our ranking really skews the true value of this class in the rankings.

If you include Alfano and take into consideration the state of the program over the past decade, I have to give this class at least an A-.

B. A class like this needs to be our floor moving forward. This won't win PAC 12 titles, but will at least have us bowling.
I'm going to amend mine to a B- assuming Harris signs still. We've fallen to 7th in the PAC, I get we will jump Cal when Harris signs, But ASU will probably jump right past us as they fill out their class.

7th (4th in the South) isn't great and we need to at least be in that 4-5 range (2nd or 3rd in the South). Next year needs to be better. Utah passing us just makes the South that much harder.

This was a good start, but as Duff has said, we need to get the big time '21 recruits and not just be finalists with them.

I'm going to amend mine to a B- assuming Harris signs still. We've fallen to 7th in the PAC, I get we will jump Cal when Harris signs, But ASU will probably jump right past us as they fill out their class.

7th (4th in the South) isn't great and we need to at least be in that 4-5 range (2nd or 3rd in the South). Next year needs to be better. Utah passing us just makes the South that much harder.

This was a good start, but as Duff has said, we need to get the big time '21 recruits and not just be finalists with them.

For me, groupings make a lot of sense when comparing teams.

Washington/Oregon

Stanford/ASU

CU/Cal/UCLA/Utah

Oregon State

Arizona/USC/Washington State

Land a couple more top players (say Jared Ivey and Kole Taylor in this class) and you can jump up a group.

B. If Striker and Gonzales solve the depth problem at Corner and Chris Miler can have an injury free season. Could be B plus

Pass rush recruiting gets an A

Secondary recruiting gets a C plus.

I actually think Carpenter could stick at WR. It is Craiq that will change sides and play Safety.

The grade will change to B plus. I almost went with C plus. The secondary is a problem. If Miller doesn't contribute and they didn't add another body in recruiting. The overall recruiting grade should go down. I don't look at 5 star or 4 star. I look at how the class will improve the team. More like free agency.

There are a lot of good players in the class.

Gonzales, Berry, Wray, Alvin Williams, Guy Thomas, Harris. Jordan Berry is probably my favorite player in the class, followed by Gonzales. Alvin Williams also look like a future star. Guy Thomas will probably play early. Pass rush got an A. Concerns about the secondary remain.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

This should probably be a topic under it's own thread, but I do not see one... Who has enrolled in school already from this group and is actively taking classes?

This should probably be a topic under it's own thread, but I do not see one... Who has enrolled in school already from this group and is actively taking classes?
Classes don’t start until next week. We’ve discussed some guys being early enrollees or mid-year JUCO transfers, but don’t have a list of them in a thread. We’ll have one next week when Howell, Adam, Woelk, etc publish if.

Back