What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Post-Spring Depth Chart (May 12)

Was that the opposite of a compliment sandwich? Disagree, agree, and then ultimately disagree? The problem isn't just game days - it's practice reps, extra attention in the film room, etc..

If he's healthy, earned his spot (in the coaches eyes) and your best back, you start him. If he gets hurt, you put the next guy in. Pretty simple.

Last edited:
What is Julmisse gonna play, anybody know? Never mind, found it on the first page. I wonder if he'll get some carries eventually though?

Vikings should seriously consider playing someone in front of AP this year. He's had injuries in the past.

Not comparing AP to Adkins obviously, just pointing out the flaw in your logic. If you want to make the argument that Adkins isn't the most talented back and should not be RB1, I could probably align with that. But the idea that you don't play the best back because he might get injured is weird. That would be akin to a soldier at war not firing his weapon because he might miss.

Solid.

Vikings should seriously consider playing someone in front of AP this year. He's had injuries in the past.

Not comparing AP to Adkins obviously, just pointing out the flaw in your logic. If you want to make the argument that Adkins isn't the most talented back and should not be RB1, I could probably align with that. But the idea that you don't play the best back because he might get injured is weird. That would be akin to a soldier at war not firing his weapon because he might miss.

Makes the opposite point than you wanted.

AP did miss time, football is a game with injuries. AP has had multiple seasons with hundreds of carries and other than the ACL missed very little time. Adkins has had multiple seasons on the bench with owies and relatively few carries. AP came back sooner and stronger than expected, Adkins was out longer than normal for his injuries.

I think he should get a chance to earn it, he is clearly talented but you don't count on him until he proves he can stay on the field and perform even when it hurts. So far he hasn't.

Starter has to be the guy who produces, not the guy who flashes talent. If Adkins produces then he plays, until then he should be down the depth chart behind the guys who do produce.

I have to admit I don't fully understand the Adkins love here. When there is a hole in exactly the spot it is supposed to be, he hits it and is our best back. He also is good on wide runs where he has a lot of time to look for lanes and on swing passes. However, when the hole is somewhere other than where it is supposed to be...well he looks like a mole slowly trying to feel his way to wherever it has gone. Or when there is no hole at all he dances around (Which is never good). Lindsay is very much the opposite of Adkins. He hits the hole quickly, never dances and if the hole is elsewhere he usually finds it and hits it hard and fast. That being said, when a big hole is there, he isn't getting a ton of yards and can't make people miss at the second level. Also, he doesn't have the speed to do as well on toss plays. Patrick Carr seems to be more than athletic enough. In his limited play last year I wasn't able to really judge his vision...but he really struggles to break tackles, whether they be solid tackles or arm tackles. This continued in spring ball despite the fact that he clearly had put muscle on his legs.....but man get Carr in the open field and that speed looks so dangerous.

So it seems to me calling Adkins your best back is a stretch at best. I would say we have three backs who are each capable of doing one or two things well and not capable of doing everything a solid college running back should be able to do well.

Oh and in my humble opinion, the back that looked the best all around at the spring game, despite limited touches, was Dino...Mr. suspended and soon to be gone. Thus continues the we can't have nice things saga.

This is going to be a great conversation until the CSU game when Adkins hurts his ankle and we never see him on the field for Colorado ever again.

Naw, just more bad luck for the most talented back on the roster. Preseason all-conference hype for 2017 can begin early.

Naw, just more bad luck for the most talented back on the roster. Preseason all-conference hype for 2017 can begin early.

I'm tough on Adkins. But at the same time, I do acknowledge that when he's got it rolling he is really good. And the new base run plays (especially the stretch run from the shotgun split backs set) is tailor made for his skill set as we saw in the spring scrimmage. He's also bigger than our other backs while also having homerun speed.

I guess what I'm saying is that I understand why people have hope and want so badly to see him seize the RB1 job. My only thing is that until I see him develop that warrior attitude where I think he can command the huddle with a "just give me the damn ball and give me a ****ing crease" -- no matter whether he's playing at 100% or 75% health -- then I can't get behind him as a RB1.

I'm tough on Adkins. But at the same time, I do acknowledge that when he's got it rolling he is really good. And the new base run plays (especially the stretch run from the shotgun split backs set) is tailor made for his skill set as we saw in the spring scrimmage. He's also bigger than our other backs while also having homerun speed.

I guess what I'm saying is that I understand why people have hope and want so badly to see him seize the RB1 job. My only thing is that until I see him develop that warrior attitude where I think he can command the huddle with a "just give me the damn ball and give me a ****ing crease" -- no matter whether he's playing at 100% or 75% health -- then I can't get behind him as a RB1.
That's the problem, some guys have that attitude, some don't. It's not something you can teach.

YAAAAAWWWN! Pencil roster post-spring. Its a message board, not much else. As for the team, its a team that has talent enough to have beaten UCLA, U$C, Wazzou, Cal, UW, AZ and Utah, with a couple of breaks. And that was mostly before they changed up S&C, DC and OC for real coaches.
Wake me up a week before the Sports Auth...uh...wait.... CSU Super Bowl, then we'll talk.

Who remembers Marlon Barnes from the late '90s? He could have been 1st team all-conference if he had stayed healthy. Michael Adkins will likely be the same. One or two great games each year to get you excited about what could be and a lot of time sitting out. I'm not convinced that Adkins has quite as much potential as Barnes had, though.

I don't think there is much of a gap between Adkins, Lindsey and Carr. Carr is obviously the one who has the explosiveness to do some special things if he can put it all together. And I don't count Bisharat out if the returnees don't step up their game. I absolutely love Bish's junior highlight reel. He looks like the real deal to me.

On D: Front 7 looks good...assuming health etc. The back 4 has been a strength...so I'm feeling pretty good about the D...right now anyway.

On O: QB is the biggest, glaring problem but it's up in the air. It could be pretty decent with Webb and a healthy Sefo backing up or an mitigated disaster with JG and SM backing up...ugh..hardly a decent G5 2 deep.

On ST: Be interesting to see what MiniMac can do...hopefully more than a season of fair catches.

I'd like to think Adkins being 4/5th on the depth chart isn't all related to injuries. I would guess there is a combination of issues, but who knows.

On D: Front 7 looks good...assuming health etc. The back 4 has been a strength...so I'm feeling pretty good about the D...right now anyway.

On O: QB is the biggest, glaring problem but it's up in the air. It could be pretty decent with Webb and a healthy Sefo backing up or an mitigated disaster with JG and SM backing up...ugh..hardly a decent G5 2 deep.

On ST: Be interesting to see what MiniMac can do...hopefully more than a season of fair catches.

Tupou should be a step up from Solis, If Gillam comes back healthy he will be a significant upgrade. The middle of the D gets stronger. DEs and OLB are still smallish but should be stronger and faster than last year. If Sampson can play it will help a lot.

Even if the QB is Sefo how much improved can he be with a better OL. I think he could make a big step forward given the right support (not getting blown up on a regular basis.)

We went from best to 11th in conference in sacks. Our offense would improve dramatically with improvement there, and assuming our WRs can get some space.

Back