What's new

Pre-Camp Predictions: Starting Offense

vinniew_11

A healthy Lynott is easily our best interior OL player, got the size, strength, toughness, and experience.

The healthy is the issue, he played last year on an ankle that would have put most guys in the hospital. I don't trust that it is back strong enough for him to play healthy a full season. I also think the ankle is why they are working him at center when in my opinion he is much better at guard. The center doesn't have to do as much pulling and as much movement to the second level and the center's ankles aren't as exposed to being rolled as much.

I also hope that I am 100% wrong and that he is back at full ability for the season.
His shotgun snaps were horrible. One out of five at the ankles at least.

TSchekler

Club Member
Club Member
His shotgun snaps were horrible. One out of five at the ankles at least.
That’s a repetition issue. Assuming he’s been working on that for most of the offseason and will be watched carefully if he’s put out there as the starting Center

Bread

I like the mask
Club Member
A QB who can read a defense and get rid of the ball can make a bad line look good.
Which we really have no idea if Lytle can do at this level considering he’s only played what 15(?) live snaps where he actually had a chance to throw the ball and has a pick to his name.