What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predictions for 2017-18 Season

I'm expecting this to be a team that takes a while to find itself and struggles at times. I'm also super excited to watch this team play because by all appearances it seems to be a super likeable group that plays with joy.

Last edited:
Thinking they'll hover around .500 for most of the season, and will be playing their best ball by March.

Moving forward I'm concerned about class balance. The freshman class has 7 players. Attrition will likely happen like it always does, and a redshirt can happen, but it needs to sort itself somehow.

Something to consider is how soft the Pac-12 will be. The only teams that will be markedly improved are USC and OSU, and maybe UDub just by virtue of actual coaching. ASU may be a bit better, too, though I'm not holding my breath. If this team can gel in time for conference play, there's a lot of win potential this year. Oregon, UCLA, and Cal are all replacing a TON and I don't have a lot of confidence in Steve Alford or Wyking Jones

Something to consider is how soft the Pac-12 will be. The only teams that will be markedly improved are USC and OSU, and maybe UDub just by virtue of actual coaching. ASU may be a bit better, too, though I'm not holding my breath. If this team can gel in time for conference play, there's a lot of win potential this year. Oregon, UCLA, and Cal are all replacing a TON and I don't have a lot of confidence in Steve Alford or Wyking Jones

Do we play 2 each against UA/ASU and UCLA/USC this year? I think we just finished the 2-year cycle of playing 1 each against them, which would make the conference schedule a bitch in 2017-18.

I would try to look it if CU has published its schedule for the year (I don't think it is possible as it is dependent on the Pac 12 publishing the conference schedule), but this is what I get from the CU Buffs website:
Capture.PNG

The Ad Blocker can mess up pages occasionally, but it is disabled on the Buffs domain. Is it just me, or are others having this problem?

Edit: Works just fine in Firefox on Windows 10 and Chrome on iOS. I have no idea what my problem is with Chrome on Windows 10.

Last edited:
Do we play 2 each against UA/ASU and UCLA/USC this year? I think we just finished the 2-year cycle of playing 1 each against them, which would make the conference schedule a bitch in 2017-18.
Honestly, that may be better for this year's team. Test them early and build for the coming yeas. Everything I've seen from this incoming class says they can handle it.

I would try to look it if CU has published its schedule for the year (I don't think it is possible as it is dependent on the Pac 12 publishing the conference schedule), but this is what I get from the CU Buffs website:
View attachment 22671

The Ad Blocker can mess up pages occasionally, but it is disabled on the Buffs domain. Is it just me, or are others having this problem?

Edit: Works just fine in Firefox on Windows 10 and Chrome on iOS. I have no idea what my problem is with Chrome on Windows 10.
I found the culprit - at some point I added uBlock Origin on Chrome. Once disabled, the CU official site loaded just fine.

I say we're better than this past season, winning the games we're supposed to, but also not winning any big games. We get ourselves on the bubble for NCAA, but ultimately, it bursts and we're NIT bound. Of course I want more, but coming off of last year and replacing White and others, I'd find NIT acceptable. I primarily just want to see improvement and a team, so that in 18-19, we're all ready to support a S16 team.

I am really interested to see how many of the incoming freshman register for summer classes so that they can take the summer Europe trip. Getting the team to start to act like a team on that trip will be huge.

I am really interested to see how many of the incoming freshman register for summer classes so that they can take the summer Europe trip. Getting the team to start to act like a team on that trip will be huge.
Wright just said in an interview that he is coming early, and I would imagine Schwartz is. Don't know about the Cali kids

If I remember correctly, the entire 2012 class participated.

Back