What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Predictions for 2017-18 Season

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
We've got our "Fab Five" on board:
Evan Battey
Tyler Bey
Lazar Nikolic
D'Shawn Schwartz
McKinley Wright

We've got a returning core:
George King
Lucas Siewert
Tory Miller
Dominique Collier
Deleon Brown

We've got the debut of 3 guys who redshirted:
Namon Wright
Dallas Walton
Alexander Strating

We've got a team Euro trip this summer to find chemistry.

What does this add up to for next season?

So much depends on whether this make up is better for King to operate offensively, if Siewart/Brown make jumps, if Collier's shot returns, if Brown can be a ball handler/defender. If good things happen there, it allows Wright to find his way in and the freshmen to exert some alphaness.

Overall, I see a team that could reach 20 wins through the post season if things go right. If I'm Tad, I schedule this team HARD, go 17-13 or something, and build for the next season.

So much depends on whether this make up is better for King to operate offensively, if Siewart/Brown make jumps, if Collier's shot returns, if Brown can be a ball handler/defender. If good things happen there, it allows Wright to find his way in and the freshmen to exert some alphaness.

Overall, I see a team that could reach 20 wins through the post season if things go right. If I'm Tad, I schedule this team HARD, go 17-13 or something, and build for the next season.

I agree. I think the record will look a lot like this season's at the end, but we'll all be much happier.

predictions: unpredictable season. If the talent is good, 17-20 wins with some impressive victories and real head scratchers of losses and we have a lot to be excited about. If the talent isn't as advertised, I don't want to think about it.

predictions: unpredictable season. If the talent is good, 17-20 wins with some impressive victories and real head scratchers of losses and we have a lot to be excited about. If the talent isn't as advertised, I don't want to think about it.

Last time we had a young team like this was Bzdelik's last year when we just missed the NIT. That was one of my most fun seasons as a CU hoops fan because I saw the growth and was excited about what was ahead. Team's better in the upper classes than it was that year, though.

Somebody from the group of Collier, Brown, Wright, Nikolic, or Wright needs to be able to play at a PAC12 starting PG caliber level. If we get that then the season can be successful.

I think we will have a much healthier locker room for starters, which has been a big impediment the last three years. The Euro trip helped last time we did it, so I am encouraged. I'll say 22 wins and we just make it into the Dance.

Wow, this was great and spot on. In fact, I would argue that Tad is close to that. Maybe the OOC is a little softer than we'd like. But there's a lot of tough matchups there that should help this team grow up. Plus the trip to Italy

Something like the 2014-2015 season. 15-19, 7-11 for T-9th in the PAC

Next season there will be what, seven freshmen on the roster? Five true and two redshirt. So one way or another they are going to play a role next season if the Buffs are going to be successful. Having said that, I think one of the returning players that could be a difference maker is Siewert. Near the end of the season he became much more aggressive in going to the basket and after rebounds. If he can gain some upper body strength and gets a bit of back to the basket confidence he'll be an asset.

Next season will be a litmus test for the fan base, IMO. Do they show up to support a young team that will undoubtedly struggle for stretches? Do they still call for Boyle's job if this team is in the 16-18 wins relm but is showing promise through its underclassmen?

Next season will be a litmus test for the fan base, IMO. Do they show up to support a young team that will undoubtedly struggle for stretches? Do they still call for Boyle's job if this team is in the 16-18 wins relm but is showing promise through its underclassmen?
Casual fan will be, well, casual fan. Don't hold your breath, YngC.

I just wish tad would schedule a home and home with Kansas, staring in Lawrence next year.

I just wish tad would schedule a home and home with Kansas, staring in Lawrence next year.
We just did that, though. I'd actually be more interested in KSU, NU, OSU or OU for a home & home.

Uneven year. W-L record means little compared to finding a core group to rely on going forward. Walton, the PG spot, and team chemistry are my main measuring sticks.

The one prediction I am pretty sure will be a good one, I will enjoy my season tix this year more than last. Going to be fun to watch this team develop and I think they will surprise folks next season. Excited.

I think talent broke Eli and XT lol.

Agreed but I think both failed to reach their potential and a good chunk of it was that game. They were both beyond worthless the rest of that season. XT was able to recover but it wasn't until his senior year that he played (IMO) quality minutes.

Will the five true freshmen be able to go on the Euro trip? If so that could make a bit of a difference going into November and games that count.

It's always tricky trying to figure what to expect of freshmen. Hopefully there will be enough contribution from the returnees that there isn't an immediate demand on the five to be highly productive. Or, if there is a freshman getting a lot of PT it's earned.

Back