What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PRich playing this fall?

Didn't realize you were that short, must take you half a day just to walk down the block. At that height dunking a basketball is out of the question on a kiddy hoop.

don't feel bad for me, my face is practically buried in poon all day.

Thanks tante, that's great information... Yep, it seems like most orthopedic surgeons are men; maybe it's because of the power tools ; ) Sorry to hear about your experience with the drip... How's your knee holding up now? Mine are great except for the one that had a meniscus tear. That one can predict the weather.

tante got gonorrhea?

Tante:

236102-wesley-warren-jr.jpg

how can it be the same recovery time. doesn't a patella/hamstring/achilles graft should take much longer to heal than a cadaver graft? What is the most common graft used by sports athletes?

Healing time is basically gonna be very close to the same no matter what graft they choose to use. The healing is more related to your bodies own inflammatory responses to the surgery and absorbing the new grafts properly. So it doesn't much matter what graft it is. As far as what they are using I am not sure. There are advantages to each different type of graft but in general it is usually better to not use cadaver grafts (at least what I have been told from ortho buddies). The main issues for each are listed below

Patellar- gold standard since 80's. It is a very long and incredibly strong ligament that is absorbed well by the bone in the knee. Although there is a good amount of pain associated on the front of the leg for several months and some reports of possible loss of patellar stability long term.

Hamstring/quad- Studies recently show that it is probably the strongest in terms of pure tensile strength but it also takes longer to heal because the transplant here was not originally connected directly to bone as the patellar is. So it is a little harder for the knee to really attached as well. This is also a newer technique and long term studies are not as good as the patellar data

Allografts- have no downsides like residual loss of strength or stability from donor site but also have risks like tissue rejection and infection.

So I looked up several studies and to date there is no strong evidence that any one seems to be better as far as strength and stability. It is basically all dependent on the doctor and how good he is with certain grafts. Not sure what P Rich had but hopefully he is able to make it back better and stronger than before.

I dont see him playing really. There are a few exceptions to the rule, like Woodson and Im hearing Peterson, usually doesnt happen that quickly though. I met Peterson once at a camp my brother was a part of down in Texas, he coaches down there. Think he was 17 at the time and, wow, that might be the most impressive athlete Ive ever seen in person. If there is a such thing as a genetic freak, that dude might be him.

Man, I hope PRich is smart with his knee. I'm sure CU fans in general would rather have PRich at 100% and the risk of tearing up his other knee minimized. With his dream of playing in the NFL not that far off, it's not worth throwing away those dreams plus it could be demoralizing to the team if they watch him taken off on the stretcher due to his other knee giving out.

PRich, please listen to logic not your heart in this situation.

Man, I hope PRich is smart with his knee. I'm sure CU fans in general would rather have PRich at 100% and the risk of tearing up his other knee minimized. With his dream of playing in the NFL not that far off, it's not worth throwing away those dreams plus it could be demoralizing to the team if they watch him taken off on the stretcher due to his other knee giving out.

PRich, please listen to logic not your heart in this situation.

If he was given the go ahead by his trainers then he should be fine. Note that he didn't say that he could/would be sprinting and/or cutting. There's no way he should even think about taking a cut right now. You aren't at risk for tearing your acl on a light jog for a couple of hundred yards or so. He's not going to be running 3 miles anyway. He needs to keep some level of conditioning, but he's not an endurance athlete.

Im rootin for him to get back, not holding my breath though. There is a difference between being cleared to run and the knee being ready to make hard cuts, also taking hits on it. Also, its not all physical stuff either, upstairs too. The, if I cut hard on this bitch, is it gonna hold up? Forgive me for explaining it in my own way lol, but ya get it.

The first time Dal Ward is acknowledging the possibility

Colorado Buffaloes ‏@cubuffsCU Trainer Miguel Rueda on P-Rich: "Paul was cleared for straight-ahead jogging and running. He's not to the point where he can make cuts."
Rueda On P-Rich, Cont. "He is progressing nicely and faster than expected, but it's too early to predict what his status will be for 2012."
Rueda On P-Rich, Cont."We will monitor his progress but whether or not he can play this fall can't be determined for some time yet."

Back