What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

PRich should not go pro this year

I cant believe people still arent sold on PRich. Honestly, what more do you expect?

Lets see, make a few million in the NFL or suffer through your 5th straight losing season?

P-Rich has already given 3 solid years to this program, developed into a team leader and captain, and put up 140+ yards receiving against Oregon. What more can he do? Bowl game? That's a laughable bonus compared with getting paid and playing in the NFL.

Yeah, unless he disappears for the rest of the year, he's gone. The weight/strength issue isn't as big of a deal in today's NFL. His speed and playmaking ability will get him into at least the 3rd round. He's gotta maintain some consistency(reliable, few drops) the rest of the year though, otherwise scouts will pick him apart and label him as just a speed guy, which are a dime a dozen in the draft.

PRich is a good receiver but he has some work to do to get to an elite level. While he proved his potential against CSU and Cent Ark he needs to prove he can perform against big time talent. And honestly he has totally disappeared the past several weeks, often times not even getting the ball until the 2nd team D is in. He may go pro but he would certainly benefit from another year of development. If he does come out keep in mind he would likely not even go til the 3rd round. WR is not a position that team will reach for often, there are too many fast long receivers not only in major schools but look at NFL now with players coming from places like UCF and D2 schools. In my estimation he would be the somewhere between 5-10th receiver picked...... and that means round 3 or later. Look at last year, stacked with good receivers and still only 5 taken in top 2 rounds. And Robert Woods (Who BTW is far better than Prich as far as developed skills) didn't go until mid 2nd round as 4th one picked. As of now he would go after Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Maquis Lee, Brandon coleman, Jordan Matthews and toss up him vs Kassen Williams or Donte Moncrief. Bottom line if he stays he could go 1st round, if he continues like this year he will be lucky to go 2nd round.

For those who say he should go anyway let me also give you a little salary comparison for early 1st round, laste 1st round vs 2 or 3rd round avg total value of contract given including signing bonus
Early 1st- 15-20 million
late 1st- 6-8 million
2nd- 2-3 million
3rd- 2 million

So the difference between bulking/developing and going even late 1st vs late 2nd or 3rd is somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 million difference or more. So would be be better served to actually develop? IMO hell yes. He has a lot of work to do. Will he stay..... Problem is young men see dollar signs and it is hard to say no to 2 million dollars. Just hope he looks at it objectively.

anyone thinking that Prich, objectively, should stay, is not looking at this objectively.

PRich is a good receiver but he has some work to do to get to an elite level. While he proved his potential against CSU and Cent Ark he needs to prove he can perform against big time talent. And honestly he has totally disappeared the past several weeks, often times not even getting the ball until the 2nd team D is in. He may go pro but he would certainly benefit from another year of development. If he does come out keep in mind he would likely not even go til the 3rd round. WR is not a position that team will reach for often, there are too many fast long receivers not only in major schools but look at NFL now with players coming from places like UCF and D2 schools. In my estimation he would be the somewhere between 5-10th receiver picked...... and that means round 3 or later. Look at last year, stacked with good receivers and still only 5 taken in top 2 rounds. And Robert Woods (Who BTW is far better than Prich as far as developed skills) didn't go until mid 2nd round as 4th one picked. As of now he would go after Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, Maquis Lee, Brandon coleman, Jordan Matthews and toss up him vs Kassen Williams or Donte Moncrief. Bottom line if he stays he could go 1st round, if he continues like this year he will be lucky to go 2nd round.

For those who say he should go anyway let me also give you a little salary comparison for early 1st round, laste 1st round vs 2 or 3rd round avg total value of contract given including signing bonus
Early 1st- 15-20 million
late 1st- 6-8 million
2nd- 2-3 million
3rd- 2 million

So the difference between bulking/developing and going even late 1st vs late 2nd or 3rd is somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 million difference or more. So would be be better served to actually develop? IMO hell yes. He has a lot of work to do. Will he stay..... Problem is young men see dollar signs and it is hard to say no to 2 million dollars. Just hope he looks at it objectively.

If he looks at it objectively, he'll also be saying he could get paid for putting his body at risk next year while also getting a year closer to veteran status in the NFLPA and that 2nd contract where the real money is made in the NFL for anyone who isn't a Top 10 pick.

I think a few of our fellow posters want PRich to stay so badly that they're starting to create alternative universes where it would make sense for him to do so.

PRich does not have to stay to make himself more attractive to NFL teams. He is going to be drafted, probably higher than most think.

PRich doesn't have to stay to make himself a better player before he leaves. Seriously - where's a better place to improve your skills as a WR? CU, or in an NFL practice?

PRich wouldn't be smarter to stay than leave. We all are heavily invested in the CU program and want what's best for the program. That means PRich staying. But for him, already having had one knee injury, and knowing that he's going to be drafted and get paid, it would be silly for him to stay an extra year and risk further injury when he's already proven what he needed to.

Objectively (lol), you also have to factor in the state of the program this year and next. Is PRich really going to be able to showcase any more of his skills next year? He's ripped through the lesser competition. Hopefully he will again this weekend. But against the tougher competition, he's getting very few chances to do so. He's the only guy on the field defenses have to worry about, the QB situation is tenuous at best, even with Sefo taking over, and it's pretty damn hard to put up tremendous numbers as a WR in that situation. We all want to think that it will be better next year, but if you were PRich, would you take that chance?

Early 1st- 15-20 million
late 1st- 6-8 million
2nd- 2-3 million
3rd- 2 million

LOLlololololo:lol:. Prich only has a couple good games then you list off all these players where Prich's stats are actually significantly better so far.

PRICH- 35 receptions 660 yards for 5 TD's (5 games)
Brandon Coleman- 20 receptions 286 yards 2 TD's (6 games)
Marqise Lee- 30 receptions 385 yards for 1 TD (5 games, his production obviously spoke for itself last year)
Mike Evans- 32 receptions 737 yards for 4 TD's (6 games)
Jordan Matthews- 47 receptions 709 yards for 5 TD's (6 games)

I absolutely love how everyone discounts PRich's production vs CSU/CAU because they were "bad teams." Well, just about every other receiver in the nation has played bad teams, and none went for 400 yards and 4 TD's. Having said all this, production obviously isn't the #1 criteria the NFL looks for. PRICH is a long body with elite speed. I would say he is faster than all the previous WR's listed (maybe not Lee?). He will go high in the draft

LOLlololololo:lol:. Prich only has a couple good games then you list off all these players where Prich's stats are actually significantly better so far.

PRICH- 35 receptions 660 yards for 5 TD's (5 games)
Brandon Coleman- 20 receptions 286 yards 2 TD's (6 games)
Marqise Lee- 30 receptions 385 yards for 1 TD (5 games, his production obviously spoke for itself last year)
Mike Evans- 32 receptions 737 yards for 4 TD's (6 games)
Jordan Matthews- 47 receptions 709 yards for 5 TD's (6 games)

I absolutely love how everyone discounts PRich's production vs CSU/CAU because they were "bad teams." Well, just about every other receiver in the nation has played bad teams, and none went for 400 yards and 4 TD's. Having said all this, production obviously isn't the #1 criteria the NFL looks for. PRICH is a long body with elite speed. I would say he is faster than all the previous WR's listed (maybe not Lee?). He will go high in the draft

Thanks for proving my point inadvertently. PRich has 400+ out of 660 yards and 4/5 TD's against VERY VERY bad teams and essentially nothing against good teams. Those other guys did not have a field day against a **** team yet still have good numbers.... IE CONSISTENCY AGAINST ALL COMPETITION. PRich would benefit greatly if he could have a couple good games against teams with a corner that would start at any level other than D2. Right now against good teams he has 150 yards and 1 TD in 3 games.... Not thinking that round 1 material. Look at his YPC, targets, drops etc in the last 3 games and you'll be astonished, youll see just maybe he has some stuff to work on. He has unreal talent and is long and fast. But he is very far from polished and going round 3 or lower would ultimately cost him millions of dollars he could earn if he kicks up the numbers now OR waits a year and works on things.

Look I love having him and he is a great raw talent but deep class of receivers and he looking like a middle of the pack guy as of these last 3 weeks. If he goes first round or maybe 2 then maybe he should go. All I did was look up objective stats of pay for draftees. Also just googled WR ranks for draft and all I saw agree he is NOT one of the top 3 in any ranking. He is globally seen as 4-7 right now which may mean 3rd round. IF that is the case I was suggesting he would benefit from another year of development. Also there is a lot of season left. He could catpult up or down in the next several months.

Thanks for proving my point inadvertently. PRich has 400+ out of 660 yards and 4/5 TD's against VERY VERY bad teams and essentially nothing against good teams. Those other guys did not have a field day against a **** team yet still have good numbers.... IE CONSISTENCY AGAINST ALL COMPETITION. PRich would benefit greatly if he could have a couple good games against teams with a corner that would start at any level other than D2. Right now against good teams he has 150 yards and 1 TD in 3 games.... Not thinking that round 1 material. Look at his YPC, targets, drops etc in the last 3 games and you'll be astonished, youll see just maybe he has some stuff to work on. He has unreal talent and is long and fast. But he is very far from polished and going round 3 or lower would ultimately cost him millions of dollars he could earn if he kicks up the numbers now OR waits a year and works on things.

Look I love having him and he is a great raw talent but deep class of receivers and he looking like a middle of the pack guy as of these last 3 weeks. If he goes first round or maybe 2 then maybe he should go. All I did was look up objective stats of pay for draftees. Also just googled WR ranks for draft and all I saw agree he is NOT one of the top 3 in any ranking. He is globally seen as 4-7 right now which may mean 3rd round. IF that is the case I was suggesting he would benefit from another year of development. Also there is a lot of season left. He could catpult up or down in the next several months.

WTF are you talking about? ~260 yards in his other 3 games is good. Plus he could easily surpass Evans and Matthews in yards after this week (in same amount of games)

I'm about 90% sure he goes pro. Look at the WR's today in the NFL. DeSean Jackson, Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace, Victor Cruz, etc... SO many of today's star NFL receivers are undersized guys with plenty of speed. The rules of the NFL protect them and offenses are relying more and more on the pass because of it.

I'm about 90% sure he goes pro. Look at the WR's today in the NFL. DeSean Jackson, Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace, Victor Cruz, etc... SO many of today's star NFL receivers are undersized guys with plenty of speed. The rules of the NFL protect them and offenses are relying more and more on the pass because of it.

This.

So 134 yards on 5 touches (26.8 average) against a top 10 defense isn't good enough now?

As I said before, some folks are letting their overwhelming desire to see PRich in a CU uniform next year cloud their judgement.

As much as everyone wants him back, it does him absolutely 0% good to come back and risk getting injured when he can go play in the NFL and get paid even if injured. If he comes back, he is getting bad advice.

Someone brought up insurance....

I don't know much about that kind of thing, but I'm assuming, because of the previous injury, insurance really isn't in the cards for PRich?

It is not all about the stats. NFL Scouts know that he has not had good offensive production around him plus limited QB talent to throw to him add the fact that he is being doubled and tripled teamed. If he puts up good numbers at the Combine he will go in the top 3 rounds. What is going to change in another year that is going to increase his value in the NFL.

It is not all about the stats. NFL Scouts know that he has not had good offensive production around him plus limited QB talent to throw to him add the fact that he is being doubled and tripled teamed. If he puts up good numbers at the Combine he will go in the top 3 rounds. What is going to change in another year that is going to increase his value in the NFL.

True that. You can't discount the eyeball test, too. Scouts understand the QB has to deliver and the line has to give him time, for the WR to make plays. But they also look at route running and hands, in addition to speed and playmaking ability. I think PRich runs lazy routes sometimes, doesn't find the soft spots in the zone and has too many drops.

Two other points: 1. A cautionary tale. The Seahawks drafted KSU's Chris Harper this year in the 4th round, and everyone thought he was a steal. He got cut and is now on the 49ers practice squad, a team who desparately needs WR help. 2. Do we have collective amnesia about the CSU and CARK games? Weren't about 200 of his yards in those games due to total blown coverages, the safety looking in the backfield, wandering out of position, etc. So PRich ran his route, a guy completely effed up and he's gone. Not sure scouts are gonna give him much credit for that.

All of that said, because of the knee injury, he's gone if he even thinks he gets drafted. And well he should.

Is PRich graduating soon? I believe he's close to that and I would be shocked if he decided to come back next season. Kid has played for three coaches which is more than enough.

I don't speak for anyone who has suffered a knee injury but a person in that case has two choices: quit playing or work hard in rehab and come back stronger. I'd say that the person coming back from injury that has worked hard has proven to anyone that he truly loves football and has demonstrated that he is willing to work hard. Perhaps an injury could be said to be more of a blessing than a curse.

Having said that, I think PRich has proven himself that he's ready for the rigors of being a NFL player so IMO, he's gone after this season.

PRich is gone. he would look a lot better with a good QB and a good to great OL blocking for that QB. But when the QB is always under fire the passes are not where they need to be. You put PRich with the 94 Buffs and I think it would be obvious that he is NFL talent.

This is due to the good teams having good to great DL's against CUs crappy OL...then Wood getting happy feet and making bad decisions. It isn't because PRich suddenly lost talent.

Someone brought up insurance....

I don't know much about that kind of thing, but I'm assuming, because of the previous injury, insurance really isn't in the cards for PRich?

The insurance card is a bad argument, the way those policies are worded is if you even sign a Free Agent deal and get cut after 1 day and don't make a dime the policy is void. They are worded in plain language as "Never play again" and to be honest I would be surprised if they even cover the 2 million quoted for a 3rd round contract. The "size" issue, is really a non issue, right now PRich could play the slot on Sunday better then several guys that will start this week. I will go as far as to say if they could the Packers would start PRich Sunday. Barring something unusual happening,.... he's gone

Back