What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

I dunno where to put this but oh my, peak Aggie fanboys sharing their insider knowledge on Altitude sickness from this ski vacation to Colorado. I feel bad for the dudes with reasonable takes because this level of stupidity is amazing.

Animated GIF
1670439484465.png

One of the biggest things that has bothered me since hiring Prime is just how prevalent and out there the not-so-secret racism of these scum white trash fans is out there in plain sight.

On Twitter I’ve noticed most of it coming from Nebraska fans (big surprise) and SEC country. Their profiles are always the typical MAGA crap so I suppose it fits, but still, it always blows my mind how much of that is still out there though it probably shouldn’t surprise me in the least.

I might digress a bit but I find it hilarious when those like Finebaum or Stephen A. Smith say he should wait for an SEC job; Uh what? Auburn was available and couldn’t even give him the time of day. They settled for a guy in which trouble seems to follow him around like a bad rash.
Do these people really think those southern hotshots want a personality and unapologetically black man like Prime running their ship?

All this negativity and garbage from the typical white trash does infuriate if you listen to it too much.

I'm tired of the "SEC schools didn't hire Prime because they're racist."

If we want to talk actual facts instead of pure conjecture, as best I could find, and I didn't google that much so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, there's been three head coaches who have jumped from FCS to P5 and had success with no prior experience. Tressel, Harbaugh, and the current Kansas State coach. AFAIK, Tressel cheated like a mofo so I'd exclude him. So in the history of college football it's happened twice. Huge sample size there. Obviously not a huge risk.

And why should an SEC school take a risk on Deion now? If he has success they'll just steal him like Michigan State stole Tucker. We can all hope that doesn't happen, but that's all it is, hope. Most people seem to acknowledge that's a very real possibility.

Y'all (yeah I said y'all) remind me of the South Park episode with the guys who buy electric cars and smell their own farts. Ooooh, we took a risk on Prime *sniff*, we're not racist like those SEC schools.

CU hired Prime because the program was a dumpster fire and it was BY FAR the best option. Get over it.

I came here to read about recruits and coaches but I mostly just get a lot of posts about how the rest of the country is just inundated with racism. I'm skeptical there are so many racism experts here when a lot of people posting probably grew up in Colorado or similar areas where the population is damn near 99% white.

If we want to talk actual facts instead of pure conjecture, as best I could find, and I didn't google that much so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, there's been three head coaches who have jumped from FBS to P5 and had success with no prior experience. Tressel, Harbaugh, and the current Kansas State coach. AFAIK, Tressel cheated like a mofo so I'd exclude him. So in the history of college football it's happened twice. Huge sample size there. Obviously not a huge risk.

And why should an SEC school take a risk on Deion now? If he has success they'll just steal him like Michigan State stole Tucker. We can all hope that doesn't happen, but that's all it is, hope. Most people seem to acknowledge that's a very real possibility.

Y'all (yeah I said y'all) remind me of the South Park episode with the guys who buy electric cars and smell their own farts. Ooooh, we took a risk on Prime *sniff*, we're not racist like those SEC schools.

CU hired Prime because the program was a dumpster fire and it was BY FAR the best option. Get over it.

I came here to read about recruits and coaches but I mostly just get a lot of posts about how the rest of the country is just inundated with racism. I'm skeptical there are so many racism experts here when a lot of people posting probably grew up in Colorado or similar areas where the population is damn near 99% white.
Look, a racism expert.

If we want to talk actual facts instead of pure conjecture, as best I could find, and I didn't google that much so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, there's been three head coaches who have jumped from FCS to P5 and had success with no prior experience. Tressel, Harbaugh, and the current Kansas State coach. AFAIK, Tressel cheated like a mofo so I'd exclude him. So in the history of college football it's happened twice. Huge sample size there. Obviously not a huge risk.

I admire your alignment to the thread topic.

EDIT: Also, it felt pretty clear to our fanbase that Prime was a guy that could elevate recruiting and likely overall success like nobody else in the current CFP environment. I think the question is, why didn't other schools see that (and I acknowledge that he did interview at other schools) or understand it the way that our school did?

tell me more of what I should do, will you? also, I might have missed it but who's saying SEC schools are racist because they didn't hire Prime? Seems like alot world-class generalizations in this post. wonder what types rely on generalizations to make their points?

Last edited:
tell me more of what I should do, will you? also, I might have missed it but who's saying SEC schools are racist because they didn't hire Prime? Seems like alot world-class generalizations in this post. wonder what types rely on generalizations to make points?
You could start by reading ‘White Fragility’ but don’t take my word for it, this book comes highly recommended by John McWhorter and Adolph Reed!

You could start by reading ‘White Fragility’ but don’t take my word for it, this book comes highly recommended by John McWhorter and Adolph Reed!
oh, I asked you did I? I won't take your word for it, thanks lol

tell me more of what I should do, will you? also, I might have missed it but who's saying SEC schools are racist because they didn't hire Prime? Seems like alot world-class generalizations in this post. wonder what types rely on generalizations to make their points?
Bro - CU has had nearly as many black head football coaches in the last 15 years as the entire SEC. It’s pretty obvious by now that race is a major factor for those schools.

Bro - CU has had nearly as many black head football coaches in the last 15 years as the entire SEC. It’s pretty obvious by now that race is a major factor for those schools.
im just saying no SEC schools were in the market when he was. so you can't deny what's not available (Auburn, Ole Miss excepted)

im just saying no SEC schools were in the market when he was. so you can't deny what's not available (Auburn, Ole Miss excepted)
You have the argument wrong. The argument is not that the SEC is racist because they didn’t hire Prime.

The conference has had 5 black coaches ever - two at Vandy, one is Miss. State, one at aTm, and one at UK. Schools are very unlikely to hire Prime because they’re racists.

Seems 'white trash' touched on some nerves.

If that offends you, you should hear what those type of people often call people of color.
I'm half Native and half Mexican, I know first hand from experience some of the things that are said by a specific group of people.

I could go on a full rant about racism and how it's alive and well in all walks of American life - but there's other places for that and I realize this thread is about Prime, the man himself and the energy that he brings.

Let's get 'em, Prime! :)

racists always hate it when you call them racists. when mizzery fans used to show up en masse to talk about our "thugs" from "inner city" in the glory days, you could smell the KKK crackers through the innerwebz.

i kinda wish we played more sec schools now.

also, why did the legendary grand wizard bear bryant suddenly become such a forward thinker on race relations?

there is the answer.

Like I think there’s a post 4 posts above mine (between the posts about white trash, hillbillies etc) that describes fans in SEC country and implies Deion isn’t going to be hired because he’s black.

I guess I spoke in generalizations, again read the post I’m describing and see if there weren’t more there. I also posted about the history of coaches jumping from FCS to P5 but you didn’t reply to that part.

racists always hate it when you call them racists. when mizzery fans used to show up en masse to talk about our "thugs" from "inner city" in the glory days, you could smell the KKK crackers through the innerwebz.

i kinda wish we played more sec schools now.

also, why did the legendary grand wizard bear bryant suddenly become such a forward thinker on race relations?

there is the answer.

This reminds me how every time there was a fight or brawl in the NBA, those players who are obviously overwhelmingly black - would always be called "thugs" or "gangbangers" or talks of how "you can't take the 'hood out of these guys."

But knocking each other out in hockey (and I like hockey btw) is considered just 'part of the game.'

Like I think there’s a post 4 posts above mine (between the posts about white trash, hillbillies etc) that describes fans in SEC country and implies Deion isn’t going to be hired because he’s black.

I guess I spoke in generalizations, again read the post I’m describing and see if there weren’t more there. I also posted about the history of coaches jumping from FCS to P5 but you didn’t reply to that part.
Regarding your FCS to P5 point, it feels like Prime defies convention and history. In an unfolding landscape (NIL, Portal) I don't think the analytics necessarily all apply. For some reason CU was able to see that. For some reason others were not. I'm not sure why.

And maybe we need to see how it pans out, but he seems to be making a splash.

Back