What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Prime is Polarizing

It's a pretty fine line between homongous doosh and swag, and he weaves his way back and forth across that line like a drunken sailor.
I guess if that is your set of parameters, I can't disagree with your take. He totally looks like a Navy man on leave.

Surely there’s a “racism in the Deep South” forum where the scholars of this bunch can go to debate?

I'm tired of the "SEC schools didn't hire Prime because they're racist."

If we want to talk actual facts instead of pure conjecture, as best I could find, and I didn't google that much so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, there's been three head coaches who have jumped from FCS to P5 and had success with no prior experience. Tressel, Harbaugh, and the current Kansas State coach. AFAIK, Tressel cheated like a mofo so I'd exclude him. So in the history of college football it's happened twice. Huge sample size there. Obviously not a huge risk.

And why should an SEC school take a risk on Deion now? If he has success they'll just steal him like Michigan State stole Tucker. We can all hope that doesn't happen, but that's all it is, hope. Most people seem to acknowledge that's a very real possibility.

Y'all (yeah I said y'all) remind me of the South Park episode with the guys who buy electric cars and smell their own farts. Ooooh, we took a risk on Prime *sniff*, we're not racist like those SEC schools.

CU hired Prime because the program was a dumpster fire and it was BY FAR the best option. Get over it.

I came here to read about recruits and coaches but I mostly just get a lot of posts about how the rest of the country is just inundated with racism. I'm skeptical there are so many racism experts here when a lot of people posting probably grew up in Colorado or similar areas where the population is damn near 99% white.

ostrich_in_sand.jpg

There's a number (and it might be as low as 4) that if CU wins that many games next year, Prime can be as polarizing as he wants.
I think we need to wait until probably after February signing day to start playing that game.

Seems 'white trash' touched on some nerves.

If that offends you, you should hear what those type of people often call people of color.
I'm half Native and half Mexican, I know first hand from experience some of the things that are said by a specific group of people.

I could go on a full rant about racism and how it's alive and well in all walks of American life - but there's other places for that and I realize this thread is about Prime, the man himself and the energy that he brings.

Let's get 'em, Prime! :)
Fwiw, as I understand it the term "white trash" is called racist because it only works that way when describing white folks. Everyone else gets hit with blanket, generalized slurs. But with "white trash" it's specified in a way that comes across as "white people are generally fine people but there's a certain segment of deplorables that's an insult to the race who we'll call trash." Edit: the extension from that is that when we say "white trash" it's like we're calling them white folks who act like those lesser races.

I get it. I didn't even consider that POV on using "white trash" until it was explained to me how it could come across. I also think it's good to have open discussion about these touchy subjects like race because it's a chance for us to learn, become aware, and improve.

I also cringe when we discuss race on the board because misunderstandings on intent can cause so much anger or hurt when the person was coming from a non-hateful place but it was taken a different way. I don't want that. Sports and a sports community are supposed to be fun. We celebrate and get our hearts broken together, building some great relationships. Some of these discussions can lead us to break apart instead of come together as fans. There's a reason we don't allow politics in the sports forums and segregate that to its own forum people can choose to ignore or even hide from view.

Anyway, where I'm at is that it would be dishonest to not talk about how a lot of what's happening in sports is racially charged. Personally, I just want to say that I - like everyone else - am ignorant to 99% of the information and life experiences in the world. I love being able to gain new information and perspectives here.

All that said, you're all still a bunch of idots and assholes stuck at 35 years old and telling way too many inside jokes, posting way too many puns, and probably not staying off my lawn. You all suck. Love you guys. 😘

Last edited:
Surely there’s a “racism in the Deep South” forum where the scholars of this bunch can go to debate?
Surely there's a thread where fashion-forward glam-fans can go to discuss their love of gold uniforms.

If we want to talk actual facts instead of pure conjecture, as best I could find, and I didn't google that much so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, there's been three head coaches who have jumped from FCS to P5 and had success with no prior experience. Tressel, Harbaugh, and the current Kansas State coach. AFAIK, Tressel cheated like a mofo so I'd exclude him. So in the history of college football it's happened twice. Huge sample size there. Obviously not a huge risk.

And why should an SEC school take a risk on Deion now? If he has success they'll just steal him like Michigan State stole Tucker. We can all hope that doesn't happen, but that's all it is, hope. Most people seem to acknowledge that's a very real possibility.

Y'all (yeah I said y'all) remind me of the South Park episode with the guys who buy electric cars and smell their own farts. Ooooh, we took a risk on Prime *sniff*, we're not racist like those SEC schools.

CU hired Prime because the program was a dumpster fire and it was BY FAR the best option. Get over it.

I came here to read about recruits and coaches but I mostly just get a lot of posts about how the rest of the country is just inundated with racism. I'm skeptical there are so many racism experts here when a lot of people posting probably grew up in Colorado or similar areas where the population is damn near 99% white.
There’s probably one thread and a handful of other posts talking about the racism in a conference that’s had 5 black head coaches in its entire history. You can go ahead and ignore this thread and just scroll through the other ones.

Like I think there’s a post 4 posts above mine (between the posts about white trash, hillbillies etc) that describes fans in SEC country and implies Deion isn’t going to be hired because he’s black.

I guess I spoke in generalizations, again read the post I’m describing and see if there weren’t more there. I also posted about the history of coaches jumping from FCS to P5 but you didn’t reply to that part.
Prominent CFB journalists have lamented this as well. It’s not just a CU fan thing

What is lost in all the accusations of racism in the SEC is that no major Power 5 conference has a good history of consistently having teams hire Black Coaches. CU is the outlier in its hiring practices over the past decade and has largely been an accident. There is also the fact that CU does not currently have the type of established booster network that would scoff at hiring a polarizing and loud presence like Deion Sanders. There were certainly upset boosters at LSU when Brian Kelly pulled some of his stunts early in 2022 when he upset norms. It is evident that Black coaches need more opportunities however thinking that a city where Black student-athletes are statistically speaking a sizable portion of the total Black population doesn't suffer from racism is laughable. Coach Prime came to Boulder because he could fully run the show and that is something that is rarely afforded to anyone making a significant leap from lower levels within any industry.

What is lost in all the accusations of racism in the SEC is that no major Power 5 conference has a good history of consistently having teams hire Black Coaches. CU is the outlier in its hiring practices over the past decade and has largely been an accident. There is also the fact that CU does not currently have the type of established booster network that would scoff at hiring a polarizing and loud presence like Deion Sanders. There were certainly upset boosters at LSU when Brian Kelly pulled some of his stunts early in 2022 when he upset norms. It is evident that Black coaches need more opportunities however thinking that a city where Black student-athletes are statistically speaking a sizable portion of the total Black population doesn't suffer from racism is laughable. Coach Prime came to Boulder because he could fully run the show and that is something that is rarely afforded to anyone making a significant leap from lower levels within any industry.
The way I look at is that racism is everywhere, but some places are more committed to doing something about it.

And, yeah, Prime chose CU in part because we wanted him badly enough to agree to let him succeed or fail on his own terms and in his own way.

I dunno where to put this but oh my, peak Aggie fanboys sharing their insider knowledge on Altitude sickness from this ski vacation to Colorado. I feel bad for the dudes with reasonable takes because this level of stupidity is amazing.

Animated GIF
I'm also worried for Dion.

Who is Dion?

Back