What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Quick Post: Back to Vegas

RSSBot

News Junkie
On the heels of last week's release of the lack-luster round robin comes more encouraging scheduling news. According to ESPN's Andy Katz, the Buffs have managed to schedule Oklahoma State for a neutral site tilt at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on December 20th. While no TV has been announced, you can bet it will be nationally televised.

This is a solid step in the right direction, scheduling wise, with the Buffs matched up with the odds on favorite to win the Big XII. It'll be an RPI win regardless of actual outcome.

That Coach Boyle can get a neutral site date like this set up only further underscores how far the program has come. The added exposure will be a boon to both the players, recruiting, and the fanbase. It also doesn't hurt that it's on the same court that the 2014 Pac-12 tournament will be played on.

My only concern is the type of crowd we can swing for this game. As of late, BuffNation has been getting out in force to support the RollTad Express, even on the road, but we're not yet at the point that you can expect the stadium to be half-filled with Black and Gold. However, it's an old, familiar Big XII rival at an attractive, easy travel destination. Maybe I'm just underestimating how many degenerate gamblers we have in the alumni base...

As for finishing up the schedule, Katz says, "(Boyle is) trying to add one more neutral site game and one more home-and-home series as well as two other guaranteed games." All sounds promising, depending on opponents. When the schedule is finalized, maybe we'll all look back at the hand-wringing over Arkansas St, Jackson St, and Tennessee-Martin and laugh at our overreaction.

Now, excuse me as I daydream about the forthcoming Spencer Dinwiddie v. Marcus Smart prize fight.
zi2uX0dqBZs

On the heels of last week's release of the lack-luster round robin comes more encouraging scheduling news. According to ESPN's Andy Katz, the Buffs have managed to schedule Oklahoma State for a neutral site tilt at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on December 20th. While no TV has been announced, you can bet it will be nationally televised.

This is a solid step in the right direction, scheduling wise, with the Buffs matched up with the odds on favorite to win the Big XII. It'll be an RPI win regardless of actual outcome.

That Coach Boyle can get a neutral site date like this set up only further underscores how far the program has come. The added exposure will be a boon to both the players, recruiting, and the fanbase. It also doesn't hurt that it's on the same court that the 2014 Pac-12 tournament will be played on.

My only concern is the type of crowd we can swing for this game. As of late, BuffNation has been getting out in force to support the RollTad Express, even on the road, but we're not yet at the point that you can expect the stadium to be half-filled with Black and Gold. However, it's an old, familiar Big XII rival at an attractive, easy travel destination. Maybe I'm just underestimating how many degenerate gamblers we have in the alumni base...

As for finishing up the schedule, Katz says, "(Boyle is) trying to add one more neutral site game and one more home-and-home series as well as two other guaranteed games." All sounds promising, depending on opponents. When the schedule is finalized, maybe we'll all look back at the hand-wringing over Arkansas St, Jackson St, and Tennessee-Martin and laugh at our overreaction.

Now, excuse me as I daydream about the forthcoming Spencer Dinwiddie v. Marcus Smart prize fight.
zi2uX0dqBZs

Originally posted by The Rumblings of a Deranged Buffalo
Click here to view the article.

Back