What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RC Buford & Tad Boyle

BuffG

Arguably the best NBA GM on Tad's referral for White "his coach has coached NBA players, and his coach was really confident that this guy belongs. So, knowing Tad, trusting Tad---that had a big impact on our feelings."

It's been known that Tad has some good connections amongst coaches but to have the ear of a GM with 5 rings is entirely different. The program really needs to get better at promoting this stuff because Tad isn't going to do it.

No doubt on the promotion of that. Also RC Buford is one of the best, if not the best. They've made the playoffs like 19 years in a row. Not sure he was there for all of that, I'd have to look that up.

Reminds me of when White wasn't on anyone's draft boards at the time, but Tad and Sean Miller knew what they saw when he dropped 31 against Arizona in the tourney.

“This guy’s going to be pro. There is no doubt about it,” said Colorado coach Tad Boyle. “I think he’s an NBA player, personally. I think he showed that tonight against a high-level defensive team, against high-level defenders.” And then of course, Sean told Derrick White after the game he'd be an NBA player for years and years.

He started in 2002.

He's been with the Spurs since 1988 except for like 2-3 yrs in the early 90's. RC has been the Spurs asst. coach, director of scouting, team vp/ asst. GM and then GM like you said starting in 2002. He coached Tad Boyle at Kansas. The man is an institution just like Pop.

He's been with the Spurs since 1988 except for like 2-3 yrs in the early 90's. RC has been the Spurs asst. coach, director of scouting, team vp/ asst. GM and then GM like you said starting in 2002. He coached Tad Boyle at Kansas. The man is an institution just like Pop.
Yeah the GM title was all I really looked at. I knew he had done other things there.

Great idea ... who does that need to be sent to?

It's early in the '18 recruiting cycle to say who exactly but, this video should be sent directly to every potential recruit who shows interest in being a Buff.

Back