What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Recruiting Update

RSSBot

News Junkie
By Stuart

December 8th

Recruits still in the fold

Colorado only has five commitments for the Class of 2010, but those five commitments have all apparently weathered the storm which was the ouster of Dan Hawkins, and remained committed to coming to Boulder. Four of the five are on offense, including two quarterbacks.

While we wait for Jon Embree to assemble his coaching staff, and for the new (and retained) assistants to get out and gather new recruits, here is the latest on the five Buffs-to-be who are in all likelihood*to be a part of Embree’s first class:

Brock Berglund, Quarterback

Berglund is 6′4″, 205, and plays for Valor Christian in Highlands Ranch, Colorado. Berglund committed to Colorado in June, and his interest in the Buffs did not change when Dan Hawkins was fired. “As much as I like Coach Hawk, I didn’t commit to play for Coach Hawk,” said Berglund in November. “I committed to CU.” Berglund this fall accounted for 32 touchdowns and 3,171 yards of total offense in leading Valor Christian to the State 4A championship. In the title game, a 38-6 drubbing of Wheat Ridge, Berglund threw for 280 yards and three touchdowns, while rushing for 126 yards and another score.

Berglund is considered a three-star prospect, and the 3rd-best player overall in the state of Colorado. Rivals.com considers him the 13th-best dual threat quarterback in the country.

Nick Sherry, Quarterback

Sherry is a 6′4″, 211-pound pro-style quarterback from Petaluma, California. Sherry also committed to Colorado in June, and while Sherry remains committed to Colorado, his statement after the Dan Hawkins’ firing was not as absolute. “I was anticipating that Hawkins was probably going to get fired. It didn’t surprise me that much,” said Sherry. “I love CU more than just the football aspect of it. I like the area. I’ll probably stay with my commitment.” Sherry threw for 2,623 yards as a senior in leading Casa Grande High to an 11-2 record. In the state semi-final game, fourth-seeded Casa Grande trailed top-seeded Concord 26-0 going into the fourth quarter. Sherry threw three touchdown passes in the final 9:21, but the comeback fell short.

Sherry is considered to be a three-star prospect, and is rated as the 102nd-best quarterback in the nation by Scout.com

Brady Daigh, Linebacker

Daigh was the third commitment of the Class of 2011, giving his verbal commitment back in August. The 6′2″, 220-pound linebacker played varsity for three years at Mullen High in Denver. During his time with the Mustangs, Mullen posted a 40-2 record, winning three state championships. Like Berglund, Daigh was a member of a state championship team in 2010, leading Mullen to a 37-6 win over Regis in the title game. Through his first 13 games of 2010, Daigh had 132 tackles, two interceptions, and two fumble recoveries. Daigh did not hesitate about his commitment a month ago. “I’m still solid with them,” said Daigh when told about the regime change in Boulder. “The team’s still there, and (the firing) hasn’t changed my mind.”

Daigh is listed as a three-star prospect, and is considered by Rivals.com to be the 33rd-best linebacker in the country, and the 10th-best prospect overall in the state of Colorado.

Alex Kelley, Center

Kelley, a 6′3″, 295-pound center from Vista, California, committed to the Buffs in October. A few weeks later, Dan Hawkins was let go, and Kelley was not fully committed to staying with the Buffs. “I guess I’ll see what happens,” said Kelley right after the firing. “Right now I’m going to stay with (Colorado), and see what happens with the coaching situation. I’ll just decide from there. I guess for now I’m still with them.” One “in” for Colorado – Kelley’s father Karry played offensive tackle for Colorado (1976-79). Kelley’s Vista team won its first sectional title since 2004 this season, with the Panthers racking up 313 yards rushing in the Section championship game at Qualcomm Stadium.

Kelley is considered a three-star prospect, and is listed as the 21st-best center of the Class of 2011 by Scout.com.

Kenneth Farrow, Running back

Farrow is the most recent commitment for the Buffs, signing on with Colorado just a few weeks before the meltdown in Kansas. The 5′10″, 194-pound running back*not only remains committed to the Buffs, but is excited about the coaching change. “The way everything transpired pretty much could have been smoother,” said Farrow. “Having Jon Embree as their head coach, with him having NFL experience, and Bieniemy coming in as their offensive coordinator. Man, I couldn’t really ask for a better situation than how it all played out.” Farrow did suffer a (minor) shoulder injury late in the season, but was leading the region in rushing before his injury. Farrow was averaging 152.9 yards per game and nearly six yards per carry through the first eight games of the season.

Farrow is considered as a three-star prospect, the 68th-best running back prospect in the nation by Scout.com.

Originally posted by CU At the Game
Click here to view the article.

Back