What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RG needs to move quickly.

Not Sure

Sets low bar, barely exceeds it.
Club Member
The carousel is about to get moving, and a lot of programs will be looking soon. As it stands, CU is probably the most attractive opportunity. That can change quickly. USC will almost certainly be looking soon. Can they be trusted to do the stupid thing and hire Del Rio? What if Riley heads to the NFL? What if Urban hangs em up again? What happens at Florida State after a disastrous season? CU can go from being the prettiest girl at the dance to being everybody’s second choice in a matter of a couple days. Get our guy hired soon to avoid competing against some bigger name programs.

I don't worry about USC, Oklahoma and Ohio State. But I damn sure worry about the dominoes if they start poaching from other P5 schools and they're very capable of doing so.

Coaches are not stupid. They are looking and waiting for some of the dust to settle too.
One thing that feels different this year is that there don't seem to be the hot G5 coaches everyone has to have. I don't see the hype on anyone like there was on Fedora, Fuente, Fleck, Frost... hmmm... maybe because no one's last name starts with an "F"?

I don't worry about USC, Oklahoma and Ohio State. But I damn sure worry about the dominoes if they start poaching from other P5 schools and they're very capable of doing so.
That’s kind of what I was getting at. The secondary market will eat us up if we aren’t careful.

Hope so too but have this feeling RG is waiting to see if MM is going to get that 6th win . I'm probably off base with that assumption but feel like at the least he waits until next weekend.

The carousel is about to get moving, and a lot of programs will be looking soon. As it stands, CU is probably the most attractive opportunity. That can change quickly. USC will almost certainly be looking soon. Can they be trusted to do the stupid thing and hire Del Rio? What if Riley heads to the NFL? What if Urban hangs em up again? What happens at Florida State after a disastrous season? CU can go from being the prettiest girl at the dance to being everybody’s second choice in a matter of a couple days. Get our guy hired soon to avoid competing against some bigger name programs.

He needs to move quickly so I can stop checking AB for updates every 10 minutes...

One thing that feels different this year is that there don't seem to be the hot G5 coaches everyone has to have. I don't see the hype on anyone like there was on Fedora, Fuente, Fleck, Frost... hmmm... maybe because no one's last name starts with an "F"?
Probably the ones that would garner the most attention will play each other in the regular season finale: Neal Brown (Troy) vs. Scott Satterfield (App State) and Matt Wells (Utah State) vs Bryan Harsin (Boise State). Other than those four: Luke Fickell (Cincy), Seth Littrell (North Texas), Jeff Tedford (Fresno State), Charlie Strong (USF), Jay Norvell (Memphis), and Lance Leipold (Buffalo; although he is probably another year or two away from "buzz") are probably on the radar for any school looking; but like you said nobody is the "prettiest girl in the ball" like in years past; although I could see how Fickell would quickly become that if major school spots opened up. If I were Louisville I would take a run at him if Brohm doesn't work out; and if it does then Purdue should pursue him.

As much as I hate to say it, it wouldn’t surprise me if RG doesn’t do anything at all. It is Boulder afterall. There is probably a significant section of the administration that doesn’t see any issues with the current state of the football program and are going to balk at the buyout. I hope that I am wrong.

As much as I hate to say it, it wouldn’t surprise me if RG doesn’t do anything at all. It is Boulder afterall. There is probably a significant section of the administration that doesn’t see any issues with the current state of the football program and are going to balk at the buyout. I hope that I am wrong.

That'd be like giving Hawkins his fifth season. For all intents and purposes Mac is a dead man walking and people know it.

I think the key thing we're missing is what day on HCMM's contract does his buyout go down. I'm sure it's less to fire him and pay out what's gurenteed in fiscal year 19 than 18. The question is what day does that start? End of the Cal game? After Pac 12 Championship game? January 1st?

Right or wrong for the long term health of the program, I'd bet that is playing in this decision.

Probably the ones that would garner the most attention will play each other in the regular season finale: Neal Brown (Troy) vs. Scott Satterfield (App State) and Matt Wells (Utah State) vs Bryan Harsin (Boise State). Other than those four: Luke Fickell (Cincy), Seth Littrell (North Texas), Jeff Tedford (Fresno State), Charlie Strong (USF), Jay Norvell (Memphis), and Lance Leipold (Buffalo; although he is probably another year or two away from "buzz") are probably on the radar for any school looking; but like you said nobody is the "prettiest girl in the ball" like in years past; although I could see how Fickell would quickly become that if major school spots opened up. If I were Louisville I would take a run at him if Brohm doesn't work out; and if it does then Purdue should pursue him.

I kind of like Luke Fickel. 9-2 with Cincinatti after a successful interum turn at ohio st.

Don’t need to play the game of predicting which young coordinator or G5 coach is ready to move up...we’ve played that the last three times and lost. LM is gone.

The answer is clear and it is Jim MF Leavitt. He knows the program. He knows many of the kids and they love him. He knows the fans. He has already taken us to the p12 championship once in the past three years. He is a Damn fine coach.

Pull the trigger now!

People here don’t like jim leavitt purely because of the way he left. They had a subconscious allegiance to MM. They no longer need that. MM is gone. Now these fans should understand JL was dealing with a passive-aggressive HC that was too soft to win in P5.

Do it now!

Last edited:
Don’t need to play the game of predicting which young coordinator or G5 coach is ready to move up...we’ve played that the last three times and lost. LM is gone.

The answer is clear and it is Jim MF Leavitt. He knows the program. He knows many of the kids and they love him. He knows the fans. He has already taken us to the p12 championship once in the past three years. He is a Damn fine coach.

Pull the trigger now!

People here don’t like jim leavitt purely because of the way he left. They had a subconscious allegiance to MM. They no longer need that. MM is gone. Now these fans should understand JL was dealing with a passive-aggressive HC that was too soft to win in P5.

Do it now!
Guy is a terrible recruiter. I don’t think he added one player in his time here. He had one good year and benefitted from CU having as much NFL talent on the defensive side as we’ve had in years. His defenses have been garbage since going to Oregon.
Not to mention that messy business that caused him to leave South Florida. Might be the type of guy that can never walk into a living room and get the respect of parents. I’m a HUGE NO to JL

Pull the trigger now!

Do it now!

It is not at all about why he left.

What has Jim Leavitt shown you in his career that he has the capability to lead a conference championship contending team?

It is not at all about why he left.

What has Jim Leavitt shown you in his career that he has the capability to lead a conference championship contending team?

95 wins in a a start-up program? He shouldn't be the leader in the clubhouse but he needs to be an option.

95 wins in a a start-up program? He shouldn't be the leader in the clubhouse but he needs to be an option.

He started up the program and got them to a stable position in the Big East conference. That is not the same as taking them to the championship level.

He had a losing conference record at USF over the five seasons they spent in the Big East, but people only remember that one week they were ranked #2 as some sort of proof of his greatness. He does not need to be considered at all.

He started up the program and got them to a stable position in the Big East conference. That is not the same as taking them to the championship level.

He had a losing conference record at USF over the five seasons they spent in the Big East, but people only remember that one week they were ranked #2 as some sort of proof of his greatness. He does not need to be considered at all.

Who other than Dana Holgorsen that we've talked about has done this? We've gotta be realistic here too-Matt Campbell isn't coming here.

Last edited:
Who other than Dana Holgorsen that we've talked about has done this? We've gotta be realistic here too-Matt Campbell isn't coming here.

If you are going to go "safe" and hire a former head coach, I think it is reasonable the guy should have that in his background.

Because otherwise, why are you hiring the 61-year old DC of a middling Pac-12 defense?

I keep seeing Holgo mentioned- unlike Leavitt, he is the clear-cut number one option in my opinion

Folks ignore the comments of duffman. He was a big supporter of all our past three failed coaches. He was completely for extending MM and has never really grasped what’s going on.

JL is the guy. Do it now.

Wow.:ROFLMAO:

I just hope JL would bring back wunderkind DL coach Jim Jeffcoat. That guy was the best.

Back