What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RG needs to move quickly.

Well that is a ringing endorsement of Bielema.
I don't know what you want me to say. He ran one of the best programs in the country with one of (if not THE) consistently best offensive lines in the country for seven straight years. All while maintaining top 10 APRs. Make no mistake: I have no ties to Bielema, I don't necessarily *like* Bielema; I wouldn't even say he's top-5 for me. I grew up with Arkansas being my second favorite team (my parents are both double alumni) and I was not sad to see him get fired from there. But I can't understand the negativity with the suggestion, and I think he should be on the short list of candidates RG explores. "Being an asshole" seems like a poor reason to disqualify a guy who is more than qualified to run this program in every other way. Forgive me for implying that a guy that went to 10 bowl games in 12 years as head coach, including 3 Rose Bowls and a Sugar Bowl, should be considered as a candidate to run a program that has 1 winning season in the last 12.

I don't know what you want me to say. He ran one of the best programs in the country with one of (if not THE) consistently best offensive lines in the country for seven straight years. All while maintaining top 10 APRs. Make no mistake: I have no ties to Bielema, I don't necessarily *like* Bielema; I wouldn't even say he's top-5 for me. I grew up with Arkansas being my second favorite team (my parents are both double alumni) and I was not sad to see him get fired from there. But I can't understand the negativity with the suggestion, and I think he should be on the short list of candidates RG explores. "Being an asshole" seems like a poor reason to disqualify a guy who is more than qualified to run this program in every other way. Forgive me for implying that a guy that went to 10 bowl games in 12 years as head coach, including 3 Rose Bowls and a Sugar Bowl, should be considered as a candidate to run a program that has 1 winning season in the last 12.
If you follow Arkansas, and don't get the negativity with suggesting Bielema, then I don't think you follow Arkansas.

Man, this early signing day puts a lot of pressure on, doesn’t it? But better to get the right hire than worry too much about losing commitments. That said, hopefully RG hits a homer in the bottom of the first.

I believe Bielema has a tendency to be creepy with the coeds and like the drink... ...and this was from his Madison days as well. Yes, we've had some suspect assistants in our recent history, but I don't think we want a HC like Bielema. We may not get quite the moral man like HCMM, but not Bielema.

I'm sorry to question your loyalty to Arkansas. What was I thinking. You must know everything there is to know about everything.

Yeah him and Duff know everything, they’re better on ignore. Pretty sad you have to ignore the mods because they think they’re hot **** because they spend all day online on a fan site doing a job they aren’t compensated for. It’s obvious they were both beaten up as children.

I laughed so hard. They actually took their personal time to go and edit my profile and go back and edit my posts like petulant children. I guess if you don’t have a life that’s what you do.

Yeah him and Duff know everything, they’re better on ignore. Pretty sad you have to ignore the mods because they think they’re hot **** because they spend all day online on a fan site doing a job they aren’t compensated for. It’s obvious they were both beaten up as children.
I'm wounded sir, wounded. Try to grow up. Whining is for children.

I laughed so hard. They actually took their personal time to go and edit my profile and go back and edit my posts like petulant children. I guess if you don’t have a life that’s what you do.
Wait, what? Site mods edited your profile and posts? Surely that’s an exaggeration/ joke?

Wait, what? Site mods edited your profile and posts? Surely that’s an exaggeration/ joke?
The posts? Absolutely, he was causing a ruckus in recruiting threads to the point of needing two bannings. They were either deleted or moved. His profile? He's not a barzil member so someone (not I) had some fun with him. Fits him iyam.

I don't think there are too many people who think Bielema did a good job at Arkansas. Just as it would be hard to find someone who thinks he didn't do a great job at Wisconsin.

So I don't know what to make of the guy. Obviously in the right situation he can be great. But his most recent job is more likely to tell what he is today, not the job prior to that. Arkansas seemed like it would have been a great fit for him, but he lost that team for whatever reason and he really struggled to recruit.

I don't think there are too many people who think Bielema did a good job at Arkansas. Just as it would be hard to find someone who thinks he didn't do a great job at Wisconsin.

So I don't know what to make of the guy. Obviously in the right situation he can be great. But his most recent job is more likely to tell what he is today, not the job prior to that. Arkansas seemed like it would have been a great fit for him, but he lost that team for whatever reason and he really struggled to recruit.
Death knell to RG. Also, really really really worrisome. Arky has great facilities.

I don’t think he should be a viable candidate. Bad fit.

I haven't done anything other than call you out on your stupidity. Too bad it comes so naturally to you.

Criticizing someone for not beating Clemson and notre Dame seems a little rough. And Cuse is definitely not a mid level P5 program. If he wins 9 games at that school this year that is pretty impressive. Rebuild is complete and he needs to get back to where he is familiar.
Point is - get all ranked, beat the crap out of crappy teams, fail against your biggest opponents = not next level that we’re looking for. MM did that. Not impressed.

He's not top five for you, but should be on the short list? How long is the list?

Back