What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George: 9/10/22

Do you support Rick George?

• I support Rick George

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • I do not support Rick George

Votes: 111 91.7%

• Total voters
Have to have a Chancellor that is willing to force admissions changes that allow athletes out of high school and transfers that meet minimum NCAA standards in, instead of these artificial standards that we have that seemingly no other school does that keep them out. Fix that, be more flexible with recruiting, and tell compliance to do the bare minimum and not self report any violations, then sue the piss out of the NCAA if they try to do anything. Then you can get the coach you need to win. Oh and cozy up to the big money again and let them know we value their input.
OTOH... maybe it's time to start some serious self reporting... fire the mother****er for cause.

I'm all for silver linings, but this timing is pretty rough. Heading towards a 0 win season, no new coach, new new AD, no new chancellor, and a "pause" until summer or worse as we wait for PD to get replaced and then the rest of the dominoes to fall.
Yeah, I keep going through this in my mind and the timelines just won't match up for all three to be gone in '22-23. I think we have to hope that PD retires at the end of the School year (seems like more than smoke) and KD is relieved of his duties with a very friendly buyout at the end of the season. Sailman takes over managing CU-Boulder and overseeing RG. I'd assume finding a new Chancellor will take some time, so that might not be a bad thing.

We probably have to endure RG for another four years, but at that point, with a lot less restrictions, he can make a quality hire who can turn the football program around pretty quickly. Honestly, this is probably best case scenario.

There was that one dude, Playball22, or something who used to post a ton of program scoop too, right? Haven't see him post for a long time, though.
Yeah, he seems to have disappeared since KD was hired.

A friend of mine was the one who posted his letter to Sailman on 247. I need to reach out to see if he got a response or not.

We just have to hope that the guy we know nothing about will help another guy retire and replace him with another person that will help fire the other guy in charge of the guy that sucks at coaching so we can ultimately hire a new guy that can make a good hire of a guy that can coach. That guy who can coach then needs to hire a bunch of guys who can also coach. These guys ultimately need to find a lot of guys that can play.

Once that’s taken care of, we might make the Frozen Waffle Fry Potato Bowl. Seems simple enough
Sjsu Theres A Chance GIF by San Jose State Spartans

• Haha
Reactions: wip
You Have to vote out the regents folks! They are the ones making the hires and calling the shots! Only you in CO can do this. Otherwise your going to get the same sh**! Otherwise quit complaining. The regents in the late 80’s - 90’s valued athletics. These a hole think cu is the Harvard of the west. Which we all know is a complete joke.

You Have to vote out the regents folks! They are the ones making the hires and calling the shots! Only you in CO can do this. Otherwise your going to get the same sh**! Otherwise quit complaining. The regents in the late 80’s - 90’s valued athletics. These a hole think cu is the Harvard of the west. Which we all know is a complete joke.
Who do the regents hire?

OTOH... maybe it's time to start some serious self reporting... fire the mother****er for cause.

Here's another reason to dump Dr. Phil for cause.

Just couldn’t stop on your Tad take huh?

Or when we saw him celebrating with Tad with them yelling "Fvck yeah!" after winning at USC as payback for the Enfield timeout game. Where's the fire?

I was at that game sitting a few rows in front of RG. He was loud, passionate, and engaged. He's a shell of his former self now.

CU's issue is rooted in the leadership which I think is the regents. To one degree or another everyone is beholden to them.

To further exacerbate CU' problem(s) is the misguided view that somehow that leadership group is presiding over some elite institution. Ivy league schools are elite academically. Stanford is elite academically, CU is not. Not even close. In fact I'd argue since Saban's Crimson tide beat Hawkins' Buffs many years ago that Bama has enrolled and produced more elite academic graduates than CU. Preach to me all day long about research money, elite faculty, academic freedom - the athletes make the money, the students (and their competition to enroll) build the academic rep.

Football money raises all boats. Seems like most schools, even the lambs, get that more than the CU leadership does. Nothing will change for CU until the priorities line up. Fine, noble even, to have goals for the academic institution, but if the money maker continues to fail so will every other goal.

CU's issue is rooted in the leadership which I think is the regents. To one degree or another everyone is beholden to them.

To further exacerbate CU' problem(s) is the misguided view that somehow that leadership group is presiding over some elite institution. Ivy league schools are elite academically. Stanford is elite academically, CU is not. Not even close. In fact I'd argue since Saban's Crimson tide beat Hawkins' Buffs many years ago that Bama has enrolled and produced more elite academic graduates than CU. Preach to me all day long about research money, elite faculty, academic freedom - the athletes make the money, the students (and their competition to enroll) build the academic rep.

Football money raises all boats. Seems like most schools, even the lambs, get that more than the CU leadership does. Nothing will change for CU until the priorities line up. Fine, noble even, to have goals for the academic institution, but if the money maker continues to fail so will every other goal.
I agree with this in general.

It's why, if I were to magically become a kabillionaire, my first priority would be a super-pac to fund regent elections, even before funding a robust NIL program.

That being said, I also believe that a good university president could manage the board of regents in a way that could right the ship.

The difficulty is that the process used to select the president isn't necessarily calibrated to push someone like that to the top. Unlike others, I don't believe it is calibrated to exclude someone like that either. Basically, it's a crap shoot in terms of ending up with the right person in that role.

Sooner or later, we've got to roll another 7 like we did with Gordon Gee.

I can’t wait for him to ink the next coach to a 100% remote, fully guaranteed contract.

Will we have the funds for a sideline track for the coach’s Zoom laptop, or will we have a student run up and down?

If football was averaging 8+ wins per year since RG got here, he could be a flat earther who only drinks rain water & grain alcohol, tans his scrotum and believes grey aliens were behind 9/11... and I would give zero fvcks.
So much this. I don't have to like the guy. Just win without being scummy like bailer. Cheat if necessary. Just like literally everyone else.

Outside of a few schools academics simply do not matter. It does not matter if your degree comes from insert state school here or insert other state school here. CU will never be a Michigan much less a Stanford but it is what leadership and stakeholders at the university think they are. Football is just an outward indicator of the malaise and overall disfunction that exists at all levels of the university.

Outside of a few schools academics simply do not matter. It does not matter if your degree comes from insert state school here or insert other state school here. CU will never be a Michigan much less a Stanford but it is what leadership and stakeholders at the university think they are. Football is just an outward indicator of the malaise and overall disfunction that exists at all levels of the university.
I don't believe this is true. CU could be a Michigan in a generation or so if they wanted to be. Nothing I've seen suggests to me that the leadership have the political willpower or wherewithal to do so.

I can’t wrap my head around how campus leadership can fancy themselves some kind of academic powerhouse when their academic rankings keep falling.

We just have to hope that the guy we know nothing about will help another guy retire and replace him with another person that will help fire the other guy in charge of the guy that sucks at coaching so we can ultimately hire a new guy that can make a good hire of a guy that can coach. That guy who can coach then needs to hire a bunch of guys who can also coach. These guys ultimately need to find a lot of guys that can play.

Once that’s taken care of, we might make the Frozen Waffle Fry Potato Bowl. Seems simple enough
Maddenesque!!

I can’t wrap my head around how campus leadership can fancy themselves some kind of academic powerhouse when their academic rankings keep falling.

Same way Dorrell thinks things are improving while the blowouts continue. Delusion. I've noticed that pretty much all people in power are grossly arrogant and rarely if ever admit that they are failing. They can't even fathom it.

Same way Dorrell thinks things are improving while the blowouts continue. Delusion. I've noticed that pretty much all people in power are grossly arrogant and rarely if ever admit that they are failing. They can't even fathom it.
Arrogance with abosutely nothing to back it up. Just ridiculous.

If football was averaging 8+ wins per year since RG got here, he could be a flat earther who only drinks rain water & grain alcohol, tans his scrotum and believes grey aliens were behind 9/11... and I would give zero fvcks.
Nik put it more eloquently than I could have......but he's right. If the football program had gone to more than 3 bowls in the last two decades, I couldn't care less about RG's political views.

That only matters because he hasn't done a ****ing thing correctly since Tucker left.

Last edited:

As best I can tell, CUs “rankings” (ranking, more aptly, i.e. USNews) have been dropping specifically because of the undergrad acceptance rate. I do not know exactly why the UG accept rate is so high (maybe CU makes it very clear who will and won’t get in before the application phase) but that is a pretty poor measure of overall academic quality for a serious research university like CU.

I am by no means a CU apologist but CU is a good university academically.

Reactions: DBT
Back