What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rick George releases a statement

It's an official announcement that the coach is a lame duck. Which is maybe worse.
i think it is way better to brand him a lame duck without saying it quite yet. the recruits we may land will be coming for CU not for dorrell and those in the program we manage to keep will be staying for CU and their teammates, not kd.

this is the first step; kd is headed out and rg wants to save his own neck. this will take a while like all things CU but we are in the process.

this is not herm at america's stripper U-- he had zero runway because of all the misconduct. it isn't the same as here.

the fusker firing is maybe more relevant. they literally spent an extra 7.5mm dollars to not wait until october 1. that tells you they are still serious about trying to win.

keep the heat on- it is working.

RG needs to hear that folks are coming for his job in order for him to move. He is such a douche nozzle. Both Dorrell and RG need to be fired asap. The problem with firing RG, it would delay the hiring of a qualified Head Coach and we would be stuck with the garbage that's already on staff.

He was told to give a vote of confidence. He knows that the vote of confidence will not change the inevitable and that he doesn't want his name stained with sounding like he thought KD could actually fix anything.

Note that he says the staff, players, etc. are "working hard" to do better. He nowhere says that he expects anything to actually get better.

Meanwhile he is trying to give ticketholders some actual hope to come to the game instead of burning their tickets.

P.S. Keep giving us your money.

97a84ca8-8781-4cd6-9056-7521097e491f_text.gif

Yeah, sounds like donors might be turning up the heat. Good for them, if so.

He was told to give a vote of confidence. He knows that the vote of confidence will not change the inevitable and that he doesn't want his name stained with sounding like he thought KD could actually fix anything.

Note that he says the staff, players, etc. are "working hard" to do better. He nowhere says that he expects anything to actually get better.

Meanwhile he is trying to give ticketholders some actual hope to come to the game instead of burning their tickets.
I disagree.
I know that our coaches....are capable of so much more - Rick George
we have not come close to meeting our expectations.

That's very different than what I (and many others) have been saying since week 2 of last season.

I know that our head coach is garbage. He is incapable of leadership. His players don't respect him.

Our DC is completely and totally over his head.

We've EXACTLY met our expectations.

The only positive I take away from this statement is the acknowledgement that CU has a football team.
The reality is CU doesn't have the money to part with KD now, and we're never going to improve until the administration wants football to be good and donors start giving to NIL for recruiting. Unfortunately, donors are burned-out and we know how the administration acts and will continue to act. Pinkie finger in the air sipping on wine or smoking their self congratulating ego joint.
Is it basketball season yet?

Exactly how I read it.

There may also be some "be a little patient, I'm working on it" in there.
Kind of think Brian and Adam might be right-I expect Dorrell is out after Arizona if the next two games look like the last three. I fully expect them to.

If we get an in season coaching change, I'll get back up there for a game or two. I want to be feel like I can support these kids. I haven't been to a game at Folsom, and I miss it. Until Dorrell goes, I feel like its a waste of time and money.

Last edited:
1.1 million on TCU, USAFA, and Minnesota to cover rolled over to UCLA covering gets us all of Dorrell’s buyout!
I believe the P12 loan was actually around $18MM, so we’re probably looking at a Kirby/Saban/Ryan Day type candidate pool after these big hits

I believe the P12 loan was actually around $18MM, so we’re probably looking at a Kirby/Saban/Ryan Day type candidate pool after these big hits
Oh. I mean, then you’d need to let the team get beaten badly in more games to get to the $28 million we’ll need to fire everyone and get back to revenue neutrality.

does anyone else remember an article a few years ago about how LC and RG met with KD and they both decided that they knew he was the guy to hire right away?

It’s hard to feel a lot of confidence right now in the AD. The statement tonight is at least something but our problem isn’t just the coaching staff.

Back