What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ridiculous to lose a game like this.

Our depth is crap, and with the injuries we got exposed. Our starters are FR and Soph. and so are the backups. When other teams have these injuries they can plug in experienced backups. Not so with CU. We barely had enough OL to practice a couple of years ago. We need to give Hawk time to bring in his kids and have some kind of depth out there. JMHO.

We were faking runs all the time to try to slow the rush down. It doesn't hurt the pass play at all to fake it to a running back who's going out as a reciever, and anything they can do to try to help out an inexperienced offensive line is fine by me. And for most of the game we managed to keep a very good front four off-balance enough to have a lead with 1:50 left in the game.

Just curious, but the CU expectation poll has 67.48% saying CU should be a consistent Top 25 team, so why is there so much tolerance for a coach who is 13 - 24 with a 361 winning percentage?:huh:

well, when was that poll taken? that may give you some guidance.

most people with rational thought, will understand what has happened to this team this year. they will tell you they understand that this year has not panned out as expected. they will tell you that they are as dissappointed with this years results as anyone.

however, with over 110 games lost to the 2 deep due to various reasons, in a 12 game season, that is tough for any team to over come. they would challenge anyone to find them a top 25 team that was not only one of the 5 youngest teams to begin the season but also had suffered the loss of talent that CU has had with 110 + games lost in the two deep.

most of us will understand that taking over a team like CU two years ago was a big challenge. a team with no depth on either line, no stand out WR's, no solid QB, no great skill position players, for the most part ect.....

its gonna take some time. 4 to 5 years to get things going. the depth. the experience. the recruiting ect.

some people are impatient sob's. they want things resolved like on thier weekly sitcoms. every thing is wrapped up in a nice little package in a half hour. life does not work out that way. most people live in the real world.

that is why you see that number expecting CU to be in the top 25 and a tolerance with a coach with his record. most people understand that it takes time to build something like a consistant top 25 team.

would you have fired Bill McCartney back in the day? or would you have let him build something?

Last edited:
Reactions: dio
A talented NU team BARELY beat a decimated CU team with no O-Line, no QB and a retard playing the part of Offensive Coordinator. When the injuries on the line come back, an actual honest to god good QB emerges next year (not named Cody) and we replace Mark "It's not intramurals brotha, it's special olympics" Helfrich, we've got a relatively bright future.
Wait, Nebraska is not a talented team, not even $ucking close. That lucky ass field goal kicker would probably miss that kick 8 out of 10 times. They haven't beat a ranked team in so long, I don't think their suck ass hick fans could even tell you the last time they did. We lost to a mediocre bunch of red neck half wits out of a "Trailor Park Boys" movie.

Wait, Nebraska is not a talented team, not even $ucking close. That lucky ass field goal kicker would probably miss that kick 8 out of 10 times. They haven't beat a ranked team in so long, I don't think their suck ass hick fans could even tell you the last time they did. We lost to a mediocre bunch of red neck half wits out of a "Trailor Park Boys" movie.

"Lucky ass" is one of the most highly regarded field goal kickers in the Big 12.

We're down, on our way up.

We beat you, but you're on your way up, too.

But game stats show our offensive yardage higher than yours. 407 to 291.

First downs. 23 for us, 13 for you.

Score. 40 for us. 31 for you.

Good game. You did good.

We were faking runs all the time to try to slow the rush down. It doesn't hurt the pass play at all to fake it to a running back who's going out as a reciever, and anything they can do to try to help out an inexperienced offensive line is fine by me. And for most of the game we managed to keep a very good front four off-balance enough to have a lead with 1:50 left in the game.

Yeah, nice thought, it wasn't slowing the rush down though, and everytime Cody dropped back, he lost half a second on the fake that he might have been able to use before dumping the ball. He was absolutely molested by the d-line the entire second half. Even a halfwit could tell the play-fakes weren't working.

Since the qb has to wait for the receivers to get into their routes, how were the fakes costing cody time? What was he supposed to do with that half-second, while the receivers were running their routes? Do Improv? Play mad-libs with Suh? Take out a pocket watch and hypnotize Zach Potter?

Since the qb has to wait for the receivers to get into their routes, how were the fakes costing cody time? What was he supposed to do with that half-second, while the receivers were running their routes? Do Improv? Play mad-libs with Suh? Take out a pocket watch and hypnotize Zach Potter?

A half second to a second is a long time. In the time it takes the QB to turn and fake the handoff a reciever can be cutting into a 5-10 yard hook or out. If we had a QB that could see over the line, it's enough time to run a three step drop and release a pass on a quick slant.

Turning to fake the handoff also takes his eyes off the field and cuts into the time he has to read the field. And let's face it, Cody can't read the field to begin with. Losing that precious time in crunch time is ludicrous.

We ran the shotgun most of the game. Those play action plays were out of the shotgun. He wasn't "turning" and faking the handoff, he was facing forward and faking the handoff to backs running past him, while he was looking down field. But I guess it's too much to ask for someone to tell the difference between the shotgun and the I formation?

And since Nebraska runs a cover two, running slants would have gotten us a bunch of picks by linebackers, and running outs would have gotten us alot of pick sixes by corners, but who cares what defense the other team was running? Who cares if we needed to get the linebackers looking into the backfield to give receivers space behind them and under the safeties? Its much more fun to imagine a whole different game than the one that actually happened.

I don't think Jimmy knows wtf he's talking about, ever.

Neg Rep comes in handy for threads like this. :thumbsup:

Please do us all a favor and start rooting for somebody else. I think Miami sounds like a team you'd be a fan of. Go root for them.

Did you happen to notice that the corn****s had better/more experienced players than us at almost EVERY position (save kicker) and we still would have won the game if it hadn't been for a last second record-breaking field goal?

That doesn't seem like bad coaching to me.

That "newb" has a ****ton more cred around here then you can ever dream of. Face it Jimmy, you're a tool. Everyone here knows it.

jimmy, the amount of **** that you stir is unbelievable. how about this? shut up.

Just curious, but the CU expectation poll has 67.48% saying CU should be a consistent Top 25 team, so why is there so much tolerance for a coach who is 13 - 24 with a 361 winning percentage?:huh:

1. cupboard was bare when hawk took over. 2. ridiculous number of injuries this year. 3. no one has a magic wand to wave and gain instant results.

seriously, did you just ask that question?

Maybe it is time I step away for a while. Some of you guys bitch more than any people I have ever met. No matter what happens.

boulder, i have said before that a number of people have said those exact same words. thank you so much jimmy (and syko when he pops off). you two stunk up the board this entire season. repent now before really, really bad karma hits you. as bad as you have been, it would be impotence crossed with oat cell carcinoma. that is no way to go out of this world. :cool:

"Lucky ass" is one of the most highly regarded field goal kickers in the Big 12.

We're down, on our way up.

We beat you, but you're on your way up, too.

But game stats show our offensive yardage higher than yours. 407 to 291.

First downs. 23 for us, 13 for you.

Score. 40 for us. 31 for you.

Good game. You did good.

shut the pie hole seriously. there is no way that you thought that remark was innocent. the tone of your stats sounds like you think you brought the woodshed to us all day. that was not the case, was it?

nor can i imagine a more ill timed contribution to a thread where a buff dip**** is melting down and threatening to ruin the fun for a number of posters.

i owe you a neg rep for yours the other day. that post right there earned it, not for the stats, but for what you are attempting to stir on a rival board.

however, with over 110 games lost to the 2 deep due to various reasons, in a 12 game season, that is tough for any team to over come. they would challenge anyone to find them a top 25 team that was not only one of the 5 youngest teams to begin the season but also had suffered the loss of talent that CU has had with 110 + games lost in the two deep.

See this is what I disagree with.. Yeah we have lost guys to injuries, but what makes you think they are so much better that things would have been so much different? Miller and Speedy were losses that were big, but the other guys? You, me, anyone else have no idea how good the freshman Katoa, Max, Major, Simas and the JC OL Fatagi(sp?) and the JC DE Hudgins (now medically hardship) are. You guys pencil it in that it's an automatic if those guys played, we would have been better.. That ain't necessarily true.. Yes, we would have had more depth, but is it a guarantee they would have made a huge difference??? You guys keep floating out these 110 games lost and I'll throw it right back at you that Miller (lost in game 4) and Speedy (lost at A$M) were the only ones that were superior to their backups.. Burney was lost for the season, but I think we replaced him just fine this year at corner..Celestine leaving? Hey, he was barely cracking the TOP 4 WR before he left.. Hawk and staff decided they had enough OL in the spring, so they moved a BIG 12 all-freshman OL Maivea to FB (who ended up as a transfer to UCLA) So where are all these other starters we lost that were vital for us to have a season where we could get to a bowl game? I'm not seeing how the injuries were the only part of why we went 5-7 and that we should just give Hawk and the staff a pass for this season and hope things get better..

Hawk has been here 3 years. I think that's enough time for him to get enough of his players in here to get to a bowl game in his third year. Its not like me or 77buff or another critic is saying that we should be in the Big 12 championship game right now..

jimmy, the amount of **** that you stir is unbelievable. how about this? shut up.

1. cupboard was bare when hawk took over. 2. ridiculous number of injuries this year. 3. no one has a magic wand to wave and gain instant results.

seriously, did you just ask that question?

boulder, i have said before that a number of people have said those exact same words. thank you so much jimmy (and syko when he pops off). you two stunk up the board this entire season. repent now before really, really bad karma hits you. as bad as you have been, it would be impotence crossed with oat cell carcinoma. that is no way to go out of this world. :cool:

You see the threads, I'm being positive,haven't said anything negative about the coaches or hawk. They played their butts off and could have won,great effort.

Thanks for the bad karma response, our cousin was killed last night in a car wreck and my wife's father was taken to the hospital for an apparent heart attack on wednsday.

Hope these incidents make up for my bitching, sorry... Stop putting me in on threads or posts when I'm being POSITIVE. f**k, it's getting stupid around here.

You see the threads, I'm being positive,haven't said anything negative about the coaches or hawk. They played their butts off and could have won,great effort.

Thanks for the bad karma response, our cousin was killed last night in a car wreck and my wife's father was taken to the hospital for an apparent heart attack on wednsday.

Hope these incidents make up for my bitching, sorry... Stop putting me in on threads or posts when I'm being POSITIVE. f**k, it's getting stupid around here.

sorry to hear of your loss. i am certain beyond a doubt it was because of that comment. it worked retroactively through time to net your result. know what? people experience tragedy everyday. not many lack perspective to try to pin it ex-post-facto on a message board comment.

i can see you are positive recently. you were also a first class SOB many weeks of the season. YOU were specifically named as a person who made several people "avoid" a place they have considered their cyberhome. it was in that vein that you were so named, and you are right - it was FREEKING STUPID. the jimmy and syko show was unbearable. glad it is the jimmy show of late.

you will be put in a thread whenever i see fit. question: did you ever offer a sorry to fans who have been here far longer than you who you pissed off day in and day out for several weeks running? did you ever consider them? or is your own little world the only one you can think about? if you said an apology, and i missed it (likely, i too was avoiding allbuffs for some time) then i will apologize to you and retract my hard stance.

sorry to hear of your loss. i am certain beyond a doubt it was because of that comment. it worked retroactively through time to net your result. know what? people experience tragedy everyday. not many lack perspective to try to pin it ex-post-facto on a message board comment.

i can see you are positive recently. you were also a first class SOB many weeks of the season. YOU were specifically named as a person who made several people "avoid" a place they have considered their cyberhome. it was in that vein that you were so named, and you are right - it was FREEKING STUPID. the jimmy and syko show was unbearable. glad it is the jimmy show of late.

you will be put in a thread whenever i see fit.:lol::lol: You really have quite an ego. Put me where you like,I could care less. If I'm not being negative SHUT THE f**K UP AND KEEP ME OUT OF IT!

You better open your god damn eyes for once and read the board.Look at all the negative posts.Go jerk their chain. I'm tired of you acting like the board police. There are people here who don't like you, so what.

My whole point is, even when I'm positive, you bring up crap from weeks ago,let it go.

I'm looking FORWARD to spring ball and all the guys getting healthy and the red-shirts helping the team.

Happy thanksgiving :thumbsup:

.:lol::lol: You really have quite an ego. Put me where you like,I could care less.

i just told you i would do as such. i will do it with or without your permission. for someone who whines about "the board police" you sure like to tell others what to do.

you do not have a point. apparently, you did not give two thoughts on the effect it had on others when you were thoughtless. but you want everyone to be considerate of you. guess what? that is not going to happen.

here is a newsflash for you: i do not CARE if people here do not like me. guess what? the same can be said for every single poster here - not everyone tickles their fancy. may i ask: what do you suppose that has to do with anything? do you think we are voting for prom king and queen? just how ridiculous are you, exactly, that you think that matters?

open your own god damned eyes. i do not give a care about what you are looking forward to or who you are looking to blame for a heart attack and car crash.[/QUOTE]

i just told you i would do as such. i will do it with or without your permission. for someone who whines about "the board police" you sure like to tell others what to do.

you do not have a point. apparently, you did not give two thoughts on the effect it had on others when you were thoughtless. but you want everyone to be considerate of you. guess what? that is not going to happen.

here is a newsflash for you: i do not CARE if people here do not like me. guess what? the same can be said for every single poster here - not everyone tickles their fancy. may i ask: what do you suppose that has to do with anything? do you think we are voting for prom king and queen? just how ridiculous are you, exactly, that you think that matters?

open your own god damned eyes. i do not give a care about what you are looking forward to or who you are looking to blame for a heart attack and car crash.
[/QUOTE]

You make no SENSE, ever. I don't care what you think and stop speaking for the board,you're "tough chick" routine is laughable at best.

You're the one who brought up bad karma. You're the one who brought up your cyber space crowd who couldn't post. WAKE UP !

SHUT THE F**K UP about other posters when they are being positive.http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e235/roboto03/Posters N Notes/4Wordsforyou.jpg

Last edited:
You make no SENSE, ever. I don't care what you think and stop speaking for the board,you're "tough chick" routine is laughable at best.

You're the one who brought up bad karma.

SHUT THE F**K UP about other posters when they are being positive.

just sack up and admit you were an asshat. apologize for it, and it is dropped. if not, i don't have to do a damn thing you say.

I love how we are counting Hawks 1 month of recruiting guys after 70-3 against him. The fact that he got ANY Players out of that class is quite impressive. He has TWO classes worth their name in here, and is about to have a 3rd. Those two classes then lost almost all of their best players or were too green to play well... Our best players are sophomores on offense(except in the case of Sanders, our lone decent senior on offense)... our defense played well this year at times, but when the backbone of your team is players nobody else wanted.... its just not going to end well.

And yes, I have positive repped Syko, and neg repped buff wings and Jimmy Buff in this thread. They all deserved what they got. And it was well worth the neg rep wings sent back at me.

I love how we are counting Hawks 1 month of recruiting guys after 70-3 against him. The fact that he got ANY Players out of that class is quite impressive. He has TWO classes worth their name in here, and is about to have a 3rd. Those two classes then lost almost all of their best players or were too green to play well... Our best players are sophomores on offense(except in the case of Sanders, our lone decent senior on offense)... our defense played well this year at times, but when the backbone of your team is players nobody else wanted.... its just not going to end well.

so what you are sayin is that you can't just wave a magic wand? :cool: guess we have to wait it out then, huh?

since you edited your post, i am glad to apologize for the karma statement and for riding your back like zorro. i stick up for my friends, and the **** stirring on this board has been epic. it has caused them to avoid something they love. that is WRONG.

i will not take it from a husker OR a buff brother.

Read,," I apologize to the board"...I apologize and you STILL bitch:lol:

:rolleyes: YES center-of-the-universe, it does take time to post after you go on in and edit yours. you are free to whine in the corner of the room and lick your wounds.

since you edited your post, i am glad to apologize for the karma statement and for riding your back like zorro. i stick up for my friends, and the **** stirring on this board has been epic. it has caused them to avoid something they love. that is WRONG.

i will not take it from a husker OR a buff brother.

Fair enough.

I was bitter for weeks but the injuries and depth can not be un-excused. Things will get better and seeing this team fight the way they did today was very pleasing.

The Karma thing has nothing to do with your post,just a tough stretch here this thanksgiving is all.

Thank you.

Fair enough.

I was bitter for weeks but the injuries and depth can not be un-excused. Things will get better and seeing this team fight the way they did today was very pleasing.

The Karma thing has nothing to do with your post,just a tough stretch here this thanksgiving is all.

Thank you.

they not only fought today, they did a whale of a job vs osu - who was supposed to do unnatural things to us. we will heal and we will WAR!

next on list: jimmy. the magnitude of asshat that syko was pales in comparison to you. it is an insult to all real men with a spine for you to count yourself in their ranks. if allbuffs were survivor, you would have been voted off 150 weeks ago.

the best code that could be written into allbuffs is for whatever post you try to make, it just looks like this: :deadhorse: because that is all you do. nothing is original. no one cares, and everyone tells you repeatedly to shup. i would pay three subscriptions to see that happen.

Back