What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

RIP Glean Eddy

This is such a bummer. I remember reading an article about him toiling n the G-League a few years ago, so I just went and tracked it down. This is from The Athletic in September of 2019.

“I’m a vet in this game, man,” said Glean Eddy. He wasn’t wrong, as he was perhaps the most experienced basketball player in the gym.

He immediately stood out, standing 6-foot-6 with a lighter shooting touch than almost all of the other hopefuls. The former Colorado shooting guard drove the nearly six hours from Atlanta to Memphis to give the G League a shot. At 37, he believes he has plenty left in the tank.

Eddy, a Nashville native, played for Colorado from 2002 to 2006. He logged all 91 games during his time there and enjoyed an extended career overseas after graduating.

He was content making his living overseas, making stops in China, Dubai, Kuwait, Ecuador and Lebanon from 2007 to 2018. That was before his wife of four years, Dana, gave birth to their first child, Gabriel. That caused Eddy to shift his priorities and turn his eye to the G League so he can hopefully stay in the United States to be with his family. He’s spent the past year working out and staying in basketball shape. Basketball is his full-time job.

“I want to play three or four more years at the highest level,” he said. “Just staying in shape every day, like a 9-5. Getting up, going to work out at 5 a.m., shoot, lift weights, run. This is my job.”

His goal is to play with the Hustle until he’s 40. After that, he intends to shift to real estate with his mom. Playing in Memphis would be convenient for him, given that Atlanta is just a short flight away. Balancing basketball and family may sound tough, but not for Eddy.

“It’s easy for me, because thank God I have the right partner,” he said. “My wife is supportive of it. Everywhere I go, they go. Well, everywhere I went, she went (until) I had my son. I’m sure it’ll be the same way if I get in with the Memphis Hustle — 30-minute flight, 45-minute flight. She loves it, man. She told me to keep going until I can’t go no more. God willing, I’ll stay strong and healthy and in three or four more years, I’m out.”

Just really sad. I wonder what happened.

Back