What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rodney "Speedy" Stewart

Espinoza looked pretty sweet in the spring... He has got that quickness factor. Let's see how he does with a Big 12 special teamer coming down at him before nominating him for a starting spot;)

Espinoza looked pretty sweet in the spring... He has got that quickness factor. Let's see how he does with a Big 12 special teamer coming down at him before nominating him for a starting spot;)

Espinoza had a horrible spring game. Muffed some returns. Didn't seem to be comfortable out there. But overall he did pretty good. I loved the stiff arm he dealed during a scrimmage.

I hope he does very well with the Buffs. I look forward to watching you guys this year.

OFB - I look forward to seeing more of your posts. Your testimonial about "Speedy" provided a good excuse to rivisit Rivals and get more familiar with CU's new Ohio speedster.

The last return man who electified Colorado was Jeremy Bloom, a mogul skier who carved up the KR coverage with nice cuts and balance. With Rodney's Sr. Year highlight reel, the potential is there for some nice field position, and maybe a few electrifying returns for TDs.

CU has Miami of Ohio and West Virginia coming up on the calendar in the next few years. Maybe you can catch Rodney wearing Buff gear live one of these seasons.

OFB - I look forward to seeing more of your posts. Your testimonial about "Speedy" provided a good excuse to rivisit Rivals and get more familiar with CU's new Ohio speedster.

The last return man who electified Colorado was Jeremy Bloom, a mogul skier who carved up the KR coverage with nice cuts and balance. With Rodney's Sr. Year highlight reel, the potential is there for some nice field position, and maybe a few electrifying returns for TDs.

CU has Miami of Ohio and West Virginia coming up on the calendar in the next few years. Maybe you can catch Rodney wearing Buff gear live one of these seasons.

Bonus points (though still shy of a rep) for using "mogul skier" and "carved" in the same sentence but in different context.

Charles and Wheatly, I think.

And Stephone Robinson and Scotty McKnight and Chase McBride and Josh Smith. CU auditioned a bunch of return men, but no one really shined. No TDs from PR or KR last year.

Last edited by a moderator:
The media will love writing about "Rod Stewart" too.

"Tonight's the night" for "Maggie May" and the Buffs in Boulder

And Stephone Robinson and Scotty McKnight and Chase McBride and Josh Smith. CU auditioned a bunch of return men, but no one really shined. No TDs from PR or KR last year.

McBride had a punt return against OU that put us in great field position right at the end of the game to set up the field goal. He was HUGE in that game.

McBride had a punt return against OU that put us in great field position right at the end of the game to set up the field goal. He was HUGE in that game.

I agree with that. Special teams was a major contributor to CU's victory over OU.

To use an exaggeration, it would be nice if McBride's return abilities caused a similar amount of concern for CU's opponents as does a Devin Hester or Rocket Ismail.

Special teams win at least 2 games per year,,,,

This year special teams should be a lot better. Special teams really expose the depth chart, and when Hawk took over we were pretty thin deep-wise.

And to be honest, it would be nice if we had a Hester-esque return man, but until we fix our depth issues no one is going to be returning kickoffs or punts for TDs. If we can just get someone who can catch the ball well, isn't afraid (returning punts is SCARY) and can get 6-8 yards on average it'd be an improvement.

While DiLallo wasn't as impressive as he was his frosh year, he still has a very nice high kick and can pin an opponent inside their 20 quite often. He needs to be more aggressive though and kick the ball faster than he has been. He was blocked a little too much last year, but I don't know if that's because of the line or because of his approach. I'm hoping he'll have a very good year this year.

ST's this spring was downright scary. I hope Riddle is doing something to correct that.

:yeahthat:

What did they have, three blocked punts in the spring game? :wow: That's terrible. Special teams is far and away my biggest concern going into the season.

I will definitely watch out for the Buffaloes schedule this year, and stay tuned to this site. Even though I am a member of rivals.com, I do disagree with their rating of him, they didn't even have them in the Top 10 in OHIO! You have to be kidding me, he has a chip on his shoulder and he is ready to go. Let me know what number he gets. I loved him in #5, but I know he can't get that #.

Back