What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Roll Call - Hawaii, Sept 3.

$126.50 a pop according to stubhub.com. **** me. That's nuts.

The Hawai'i Athletics Department still has sideline tickets available in the $50 price point see here: http://www.etickethawaii.com/sports.html

Did we figure out what side the Buffs are on? West?

Yes. Visitors are on the West. It's called Makai on the seating chart. According to google, that means "toward the sea" and according to me it means "let's confuse the mainlanders with some cryptic bull**** Polynesian term."

Yes. Visitors are on the West. It's called Makai on the seating chart. According to google, that means "toward the sea" and according to me it means "let's confuse the mainlanders with some cryptic bull**** Hawaiian term."
fify. It is a language specific to the islands mother****er.

Also, beyond the 8th row on the sidelines, there's not really a bad seat in the house. In fact, you'll really get to FEEL the stadium rocking from the yellow seats.

Last edited:
Also, beyond the 8th row on the sidelines, there's not really a bad seat in the house. In fact, you'll really get to FEEL the stadium rocking from the yellow seats.

What's your opinion of the 5th row? Are their any obstructions that might get in the way of seeing the field? You know...TV trucks and stuff like that?

What's your opinion of the 5th row? Are their any obstructions that might get in the way of seeing the field? You know...TV trucks and stuff like that?
Is this the internet equivalent of throwing a piss bomb? Allbuffs, we are all assholes :lol:

No Skidmark, If YOU have seats there, YOU will be fine.

For everyone else, stay beyond the 8th row. That way you'll be safe from Skidmark.

No Skidmark, If YOU have seats there, YOU will be fine.

For everyone else, stay beyond the 8th row. That way you'll be safe from Skidmark.

The store that sells Aloha is down the street...Makai side. You might want to check and see if they have a sale on isle 8.

My buddy has season tickets. I'm sitting with him. I think he's in the second deck, West Side. Honestly, I don't really care. I've seen a Pro Bowl in that stadium. Every seat is a long way from the field. We're spoiled at Folsom being so close to the action. Most stadiums are much farther away.

My buddy has season tickets. I'm sitting with him. I think he's in the second deck, West Side. Honestly, I don't really care. I've seen a Pro Bowl in that stadium. Every seat is a long way from the field. We're spoiled at Folsom being so close to the action. Most stadiums are much farther away.

But you don't want to get too close. The sight lines below Row 8 are obstructed by players and the occasional TV platform.

I looked through some of my probowl photos from last year to see how obstructed row five was.
2dhbi9v.jpg

very

Well... it's looking like I'm going to be going to the game by myself now... Wife's flight doesn't get in until around 8PM or so. While that stinks that she won't be able to make the game, the bonus is that I have a place to stay for the night!

Sackman, I'd love to meet up with you guys to tailgate prior to the game!! Let me know...

Well... it's looking like I'm going to be going to the game by myself now... Wife's flight doesn't get in until around 8PM or so. While that stinks that she won't be able to make the game, the bonus is that I have a place to stay for the night!

Sackman, I'd love to meet up with you guys to tailgate prior to the game!! Let me know...

You wouldn't, by chance, happen to be checking any oversized luggage that would accommodate a 43" flag pole, would you? I really want to take the flagpole, but I can't justify the expense of checking luggage for just that one item.

You wouldn't, by chance, happen to be checking any oversized luggage that would accommodate a 43" flag pole, would you? I really want to take the flagpole, but I can't justify the expense of checking luggage for just that one item.

Oh man... that's classic. I could get the flagpole there but it wouldn't make it until after the game! My route to and from HI is a little, how should we say, convoluted?! :wow:

http://www.hardwarehawaii.com/

This hardware store is near the airport. Maybe they have a pole Ralphie can ride.

Damn, I'm so excited I already started packing... I never pack this early. Packing helps me keep my stoke level in check. I'll add 1/2 garment per evening until kick off... well maybe a day before kick off.

I was out on Google Maps. There is a Safeway and a Liquor Store on Salt Lake BLVD between the airport and the stadium. Maybe this is the place to meet up. Great place to stalk up on the BYOB. Salt Lake is a major artery just north of the H1 "interstate" that goes directly to Aloha stadium.

Safeway
848 Ala Lilikoi Street
Honolulu‎ HI‎ 96818

Salt Lake Wine & Spirits.
848 Ala Lilikoi Street
Honolulu‎ HI‎ 96818-2144

There's also a Kmart and a Sack N' Save (Foodland) within walking distance from the stadium. I tend to go there when I'm shopping for aloha on gamedays.:thumbsup:

However, for those of you staying in Waikiki and prefer Safeway, I'd recommend stopping at the Kapahulu Avenue location prior to getting on the H1. It is the largest Safeway in the country. I'm sure you will find whatever you need there.

There's also a Kmart and a Sack N' Save (Foodland) within walking distance from the stadium. I tend to go there when I'm shopping for aloha on gamedays.:thumbsup:

However, for those of you staying in Waikiki and prefer Safeway, I'd recommend stopping at the Kapahulu Avenue location prior to getting on the H1. It is the largest Safeway in the country. I'm sure you will find whatever you need there.

Good job rolling with the Aloha punch. Now I probably owe you a beer (along with Chippy, and Sacky, too).

The SportsHawaii folks don't have anything nice to say about the Salt Lake Safeway. Too few checkers + bad attitude = bad shopping experience. Sack N Save - does it sell booze? Is there a liquor store within walking distance to the stadium?

Open questions: 1) When does the parking lot at Aloha Field at Hawaiian Airlines Stadium open for the general public?
2) Is there a secondary market for parking passes, and are there any preferred locations to set up a Colorado tailgate?
3) Breakfast on game day - there's a place called Wally Ho's Garage and Grill. Is it any good? What are the favorite breakfast joints within walking distance to the game?

4) The closest bar to the stadium appears to be Brandy's Bar and Grill. Is this a place you can watch a big screen TV and catch scores of other games? Are there other sports bar recommendations?

5) What are the open container laws like on game day? Are the police live-and-let-live, or is there a big game of cat-n-mouse?

1.) Sack N Save - does it sell booze? Is there a liquor store within walking distance to the stadium?
A. Yes, It does and yes it is within walking distance.

2.) When does the parking lot at Aloha Field at Hawaiian Airlines Stadium open for the general public?
Answer: Nothing is official, but my guess is 11am for the lower Halawa lot and 12am for the upper. I always park in the upper Halawa lot, because it's closer to the stadium.

3.) Is there a secondary market for parking passes, and are there any preferred locations to set up a Colorado tailgate?
Answer: I'm not too sure about the parking passes. In regards to tailgating, the Sportshawaii guys have a pretty good location. I think Scott has put out an invite to the AllBuffs.

3) Breakfast on game day - there's a place called Wally Ho's Garage and Grill. Is it any good? What are the favorite breakfast joints within walking distance to the game?
Answer: I've never been to Wally Ho's. It looks like a good place though. I'll probably try to go there this weekend.
There are only two shopping centers within walking distance of the stadium and aside from the fast-food joints, there aren't any real restaurants.

4) The closest bar to the stadium appears to be Brandy's Bar and Grill. Is this a place you can watch a big screen TV and catch scores of other games? Are there other sports bar recommendations?
Answer: Things change from year to year with how the stadium is run. Last year they had a large tent set up as a bar with several big screen TV's on the north side of the stadium parking lot. They have cute girls in referee tops and short shorts riding around trying to get people over there. I have never been to Brandy's Bar and Grill but it looks small. The TV's I saw from the photos were 24in tops. They probably only have one big screen.

5) What are the open container laws like on game day? Are the police live-and-let-live, or is there a big game of cat-n-mouse?
Answer: You will be fine. We drink from the bottle and walk around the parking lot. I think you may have trouble if you do that off the Aloha Stadium premises, though.

I know where that sack-n-save is. We parked near there for the Pro Bowl a couple years ago. Why don't we all meet in the parking lot of the sack-n-save at 11:00 AM to provision up and then head in to the parking lot?

I know where that sack-n-save is. We parked near there for the Pro Bowl a couple years ago. Why don't we all meet in the parking lot of the sack-n-save at 11:00 AM to provision up and then head in to the parking lot?

Meeting sackman at the sack-n-save... appropriate! :thumbsup: My flight doesn't land until 10:30 on game day so I'll just catch up with you guys in the parking lot!

The man of Sack proposes the Sack-N-Save at 11A. I second the motion.

Scott over at SportsHawaii has graciously suggested Allbuffs might consider collocating an Allbuffs spot in their general vicinity at the stadium. Definately something to consider...specially if they have access to a coveted parking pass. I'll check that out.

Tell me where to be and what to bring. Not sure if I will be able to make the 11:00 AM time at the sacknsave though.

Tell me where to be and what to bring. Not sure if I will be able to make the 11:00 AM time at the sacknsave though.

I'll put out a list for anybody who won't be able to make the meet-up at the sack-n-save by next Tuesday. I'm leaving next Wednesday.

I won't be there at the Sack-n-save as my group has a driver taking us from our hotel to game & back....not sure on the times on that yet but having to coax the in-laws to get there earlier to do a little tailgating (pains of traveling with family and only having 2 of the 8 in our group as true Die Hard Buff Fans, thus making it difficult to compete with Beach/Linx)

In any event, hopefully we can stop by and have a few brews with everyone before hand....I've got your # Sacky so will text you to find the tailgate location and hopefully a few others purchased tickets through CU and got slotted in the Upper Yellow Deck so I'm not the only hooligan screaming my ass off!! :smile2:

Here's the roll call as it stands currently:

Sacky
Skiddy
Chippy
Snow
14ers
Monk
Rraalph
Phatmack
ZBuff

That's a pretty decent turnout. I'll bring the grill, burgers and hot dogs. For those of us who will be meeting up at the sack-n-save, we'll divy up condiments, chips, dips, desserts, etc. For those of you who will not be joining us at the sack-n-save, I think the easiest thing for you to bring will be beer, or in the case of snow - gin. How does that sound to everybody?

Here's the roll call as it stands currently:

Sacky
Skiddy
Chippy
Snow
14ers
Monk
Rraalph
Phatmack
ZBuff

That's a pretty decent turnout. I'll bring the grill, burgers and hot dogs. For those of us who will be meeting up at the sack-n-save, we'll divy up condiments, chips, dips, desserts, etc. For those of you who will not be joining us at the sack-n-save, I think the easiest thing for you to bring will be beer, or in the case of snow - gin. How does that sound to everybody?
:nod:

Sounds allsome! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back