What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Rumors of Certain Regents Potentially Voting Against MT Contract

Crap...I have to question whether HCMT will be here for the full duration of the contract if successful after this drama by the regents.

The majority would not say that a Board of Regents member for a major state university should be opposed to the Athletic Director paying a football coach a salary that is within budget and also within or a bit below the going market rate in D1.

That is why she is fringe. And if you don't get that, I have no idea why you participate on Allbuffs.
ban?

If he basic point is that football is a dangerous game, then sure, but that has nothing to do with voting yes or no on a football coaches contract. Saying "CU doesn't emphasize safety" is not a fair point and she's an idiot for saying it.

i think her basic point is "football is dangerous with negative consequences for the long term health of those who play it and i dont want that at cu". i disagree, but i can respect that opinion. but the smart thing wouldve been to abstain then and not vote against it. the public reason she gave made little sense or was very poorly phrased.

I would like to see a dedicated AB Forum for Regents related discussions. I know that there is an existing thread, but a dedicated Forum is necessary. There are enough people on AllBuffs to make a difference in crowd-funding and endorsing specific candidates, regardless of political affiliation.

actually, shoemaker's alleged objection was far less irredeemably stupid than kroll's.

football is dangerous. these are students of the university, charged to the university's care. the CUAD makes a lot of money from the participation of these students in a violent sport. while i suspect shoemaker had motives beyond the safety of students, this is an issue that is going to keep coming up. it needs to be dealt with.

kroll's non-sensical vomitus concerning cancer cures and football is far more offensive. are we sure he actually graduated from ucd? i've owned houseplants with higher ability to reason.

Disagree with this-her beliefs are the same as Kroll's in my opinion. The only difference between her and Kroll is she's too weak to spell her logic out. I also don't think this is an issue of racism or party affiliations-I think we've got three individuals on the board in Shoemaker, Kroll, and Griego who aren't qualified for the jobs they hold, and I think we've failed in this state as voters-these are important positions, and the vast majority of voters are party line once you get to a certain spot on your ballot (myself included).

another houseplant heard from. a sheep ****ing denver post hack trying to make a story out of nothing. who knew that "journalists" could behave like this?

stephens v. kroll in the intelligence thunder dome... 2 ferns enter, one fern leaves.

I would like to see a dedicated AB Forum for Regents related discussions. I know that there is an existing thread, but a dedicated Forum is necessary. There are enough people on AllBuffs to make a difference in crowd-funding and endorsing specific candidates, regardless of political affiliation.

I wish I had that information and if the D regent candidate was a better fit for CU, I wouldn't have voted straight R. Political affiliation doesn't matter to me when it comes to the regents but we need that information.

Kroll only won his primary with 26k votes. Remember that Allbuffs campaigned for Lucky Vidmer who lost by 2k votes.

I mean honestly, one of you freaks in Denver can primary this guy. What the actual ****.
I don't live in his district, but I identify with it. I'm sure he will be supportive when I announce my running against him.

Kroll only won his primary with 26k votes. Remember that Allbuffs campaigned for Lucky Vidmer who lost by 2k votes.

I mean honestly, one of you freaks in Denver can primary this guy. What the actual ****.

Ok fess up who voted for Kroll troll?

i think he should be fired for conflicts. and then defeated in the primary. and, then, when he's sobbing in his mom's basement about life's cruelties, perhaps he will reflect on the damage that the lead paint lollipops he loved so much as a child has done to him.

i think the smarter move for shoemaker wouldve been to abstain. her vote changes nothing, but her basic point is fair and i understand it although i disagree.

Exactly. If you believe that football as a whole needs to be looked at, there are better ways to do it. Since CU has millions in sunk costs tied in to the profitability of their football program, just say you are voting yes on an the candidate and the contract, but that - in your role as regent - you will push our university to be at the forefront of finding ways to make the sport safer and more viable going forward.

Exactly. If you believe that football as a whole needs to be looked at, there are better ways to do it. Since CU has millions in sunk costs tied in to the profitability of their football program, just say you are voting yes on an the candidate and the contract, but that - in your role as regent - you will push our university to be at the forefront of finding ways to make the sport safer and more viable going forward.
If you're really interested in that initiative and aren't just grandstanding, you vote "yes" while releasing a statement about all the great work CU is doing on concussion protocols, a new on-site medical facility, research & design work on new helmets, a new mental health initiative, etc. You then talk about how much you look forward to continue working with Rick George along with new head coach Mel Tucker on advancing CU's leadership in the area of football safety.

She did not do that. She went obstructionist. Tells me that she's full of ****.

matty is just a dumbass low-functioning hack with a grudge. he's not worth the rage.

kroll is actually incompetent and he's in a role where competence is a necessity. get his sorry ass out, colorado voters. do your duty-- beating a houseplant in a primary really should be simple. think of the glories of any candidate debates. my god. he'll be left weeping on the stage.

If you're really interested in that initiative and aren't just grandstanding, you vote "yes" while releasing a statement about all the great work CU is doing on concussion protocols, a new on-site medical facility, research & design work on new helmets, a new mental health initiative, etc. You then talk about how much you look forward to continue working with Rick George along with new head coach Mel Tucker on advancing CU's leadership in the area of football safety.

She did not do that. She went obstructionist. Tells me that she's full of ****.

Exactly.

Back