What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Ryan Marquez

I haven't seen him play and his dad was a Buff who was part of Coach Mac turning the program around.

Just guessing on this but I don't see him with any offers from college programs. He is listed at 6'1" 170lbs and looks like that is a generous listing, pretty small for a major college QB. He was also injured part of this year so that may have slowed him some.

CU knows him, he was up last year for Junior Day and has been to games in Boulder.

With as little information as there is on him doesn't look like he is getting much attention from anyone.

Good athlete though, smart kid, leader. Wouldn't object to seeing him as a PWO.

Why haven't the Buffs offered Ryan? His dad played for CU. He was 20-22 for 350 in the championship game. He three for almost 2700 yards in 10 games....27 TDs....4 picks......QBR of 140.9. His stats blow Stenstroms out of the water....

None of those are reasons to offer. Is he big enough and good enough?

Why haven't the Buffs offered Ryan? His dad played for CU. He was 20-22 for 350 in the championship game. He three for almost 2700 yards in 10 games....27 TDs....4 picks......QBR of 140.9. His stats blow Stenstroms out of the water.....http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/ryan-marquez/Fq8xLT6rEeS00gAmVebEWg/gendersport/football-stats.htm
Many great statistical players in high school, especially in Colorado don't translate to college because of height and weight concerns. That's the case here. Columbine has had really talented backs and none got offered division one scholarships and they do well at CSU-Pueblo or wherever and it's all fine and well. Fits them good.

He has goofy throwing mechanics and is Cody size. Hell of an athlete though and will play somewhere.

Even the kind to make P5 coaches look dumb perhaps. But they got to make decisions based on what they've seen work before. For all the Doug Fluties, there's 20 who didn't work out.

saw him play one game in person this year..... kid is a real battler with a nice arm but is tiny....agree with bufnik on this he is fcs bound at best

I haven't seen him play and his dad was a Buff who was part of Coach Mac turning the program around.

Just guessing on this but I don't see him with any offers from college programs. He is listed at 6'1" 170lbs and looks like that is a generous listing, pretty small for a major college QB. He was also injured part of this year so that may have slowed him some.

CU knows him, he was up last year for Junior Day and has been to games in Boulder.

With as little information as there is on him doesn't look like he is getting much attention from anyone.

Good athlete though, smart kid, leader. Wouldn't object to seeing him as a PWO.
Actually, the height and weight are accurate.

Part of it could be that CU only takes one QB per year. If Stenstrum is that guy, then Stenstrum is that guy. And while Marquez might have some great talent and skills, they will be very choosy about who gets that annual QB scholarship. A PWO offer with an opportunity to earn a scholarship might be his best option if he wants to play at CU.
Time will tell if it was the right choice or not. He could end up at a place like CSU or Wyoming and would tear us apart.

So is there a certain height rule that says you can't play college ball at a P5 school unless you meet that height rule criteria?

He’s a multi-year starting QB at one of the best programs in the state who doesn’t have a single FBS offer (or any offer that I could find) and people here are wanting him to be CU’s 2018 QB recruit? Serious, Clark?

He’s a great high school player and probably a kid who will be a solid recruit for Mesa State, Adams State, Nebraska Kearny, CSU Pueblo, or perhaps even UNC, but gmafb that CU should be offering him a scholarship.

There was a kid from New Mexico a couple of years ago that set all sorts of records, had D1 measurable, but had no D1 offers. He ended up going to juco in Kansas and as far as I know just rode the pine.

There was a kid from New Mexico a couple of years ago that set all sorts of records, had D1 measurable, but had no D1 offers. He ended up going to juco in Kansas and as far as I know just rode the pine.
It wasn't Landry Jones. His squad played Aztec in a playoff game years back and I left after the first quarter, Artesia beat them like they stole something lol. Of course, he went to OU.

Last edited:
If Marquez wants to prove he belongs as a PWO, then I think CU can accommodate him. Height isn’t the issue; having the ability to consistently make college throws, reading defenses, and having the body to withstand punishment all do matter. He’s gotta prove he belongs with the big boys.

If Marquez wants to prove he belongs as a PWO, then I think CU can accommodate him. Height isn’t the issue; having the ability to consistently make college throws, reading defenses, and having the body to withstand punishment all do matter. He’s gotta prove he belongs with the big boys.

Considering the type of offense he was running at Pomona he took enough solid shots to show he can withstand punishment.

What I would wonder as a PWO is could he put on some muscle and be athletic enough to play another position like DB.

Lol....he tore up the same competition Stenstrom was mediocre against. And exactly how many other D1 offers does Stenstrom have????

He’s a multi-year starting QB at one of the best programs in the state who doesn’t have a single FBS offer (or any offer that I could find) and people here are wanting him to be CU’s 2018 QB recruit? Serious, Clark?

He’s a great high school player and probably a kid who will be a solid recruit for Mesa State, Adams State, Nebraska Kearny, CSU Pueblo, or perhaps even UNC, but gmafb that CU should be offering him a scholarship.

Back