What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sandusky update (more evidence against Joe P)

Sandusky could have very easily been told, "Look, you are spending the rest of your life, no matter how long or short it is, behind bars. Keep your mouth shut and you spend it in a protected environment with other sex offenders. Run your mouth and the guys in general population will be shoving broomsticks up you so far your tonsils will be bruised."

Someone's been watching way too many prison movies. :lol:

Sandusky could have very easily been told, "Look, you are spending the rest of your life, no matter how long or short it is, behind bars. Keep your mouth shut and you spend it in a protected environment with other sex offenders. Run your mouth and the guys in general population will be shoving broomsticks up you so far your tonsils will be bruised."

If even part of what is in the article Nik linked is true you are talking about people who have a lot to lose, enough money and power to do what they have to to protect it, and no hesitatancy in any form about doing what they have to do to protect themselves.

Sandusky isn't a stand-up guy but he also isn't stupid. He knows how it could turn out for him if he mentions the wrong names in the wrong context.

Think more about the family.

Most guys would make a deal that made sure their families were taken care of (or at least left alone) versus being harmed. It's how someone could get to me.

Think more about the family.

Most guys would make a deal that made sure their families were taken care of (or at least left alone) versus being harmed. It's how someone could get to me.

This is actually the more likely but the point is that they have Sandusky in a position that he knows they can make him suffer. JoePa is buried, Curley and Schultz also know the consequences for not keeping their mouths shut. Spanier isn't going to talk either.

The question is if somebody turns up the evidence to break the wall of silence, who turns first and gives the others up.

Never happen, they will lose if they do. There is no doubt there was an element of public outcry in this, they are guilty because they are. Just take it and say thank u, like my dad told me as a kid, take your medicine son.

Never happen, they will lose if they do. There is no doubt there was an element of public outcry in this, they are guilty because they are. Just take it and say thank u, like my dad told me as a kid, take your medicine son.

There is a loud, vocal minority that is saying they should stand up and fight for what they feel is right. The problem is, they don't realize the damage that will happen if they challenge the NCAA. They also are putting football above everything else..... Which is how they got in to this predicament. PSU will not challenge these and the sanctions will start hurting them in 2 years.

There is a loud, vocal minority that is saying they should stand up and fight for what they feel is right. The problem is, they don't realize the damage that will happen if they challenge the NCAA. They also are putting football above everything else..... Which is how they got in to this predicament. PSU will not challenge these and the sanctions will start hurting them in 2 years.

This is why this whole thing was allowed to happen, this is why the stuff that happened under Osborne at Nebraska, under Switzer at OU, at Miami, etc happened.

Hopefully this will end up being a harsh enough blow to the program to convince them to change the culture and as if not more importantly to make other schools hesitate to put football ahead of innocent lives.

Unfortunately every school has a certain number of die-hards who either believe that their school can do no wrong or who don't care as long as they win. You just have to make sure that those people don't end up determining how the athletic (or any other) program is run.

The best thing is the civil suits will drag on for years, and Penn State at some point may just start paying victims to keep them out of court. The $#!T will really hit the fan when Spanier and his associates go to trial.

First civil suit filed today I believe. Would it be in PSU's best interest to settle quickly with a non disclosure agreement?

not-right-shouldnt-laugh-08.jpg

The Onion

Joe Paterno's Name To Remain On Joe Paterno Center For Covering Up Sexual Abuse

STATE COLLEGE, PA—Despite mounting pressure following revelations that Joe Paterno helped bury allegations of child abuse against Jerry Sandusky, Penn State University announced Monday that it had voted not to remove the late football coach's name from the Joe Paterno Center for Covering Up Sexual Abuse. "For years, the Joe Paterno Center for Covering Up Sexual Abuse has been at the heart of our athletic program and a revered landmark on the Penn State campus," the university's board of trustees wrote in an official statement on the future of the center, which continues to be funded by the school as well as by donations from fans and alumni. "JoePa built this place from the ground up, and we’re not going to turn our backs on that. This facility is a monument to everything he did for our football team, our university, and our community." The statement also confirmed there were no plans to rename the Joe Paterno Hall of Willful Ignorance, the Joe Paterno Foundation for Raising Football Coaches to the Status of Gods, or the Joe Paterno Institute for the Study of Public Relations Damage Control...

Listening to people like Franco Harris and Todd Blackledge denounce the Freeh Report and call it one sided is scary. True zealousness.

Listening to people like Franco Harris and Todd Blackledge denounce the Freeh Report and call it one sided is scary. True zealousness.

The Freeh report is one sided. Trouble for those guys is that it is one sided because PSU was so far out of line that you can't make a reasonable argument defending what they did.

Sometimes the truth is one sided. They may want some kind of "balance" but tell me what you could say about the people involved at Penn State that would have balanced it. There isn't anything, to do so would be to be dishonest.

The Freeh report is one sided. Trouble for those guys is that it is one sided because PSU was so far out of line that you can't make a reasonable argument defending what they did.

Sometimes the truth is one sided. They may want some kind of "balance" but tell me what you could say about the people involved at Penn State that would have balanced it. There isn't anything, to do so would be to be dishonest.

Yep.

They had a guy who was abusing children, had at the very least a reasonable suspicion that this was going on - including accusations from victims and witnesses, and kept things quiet while maintaining that guy's access rather than reporting it.

That's the bottom line. Most of the rest is window dressing.

Give. It. Up. They don't have standing, and even if they did, the PSU administration signed a consent to the punishment. That is it, unless of course, you think the Paterno family really speaks for PSU, which is how this whole mess started when Joe Pa decided to particpate in covering for his buddy (according to the Freeh report) who was raping little boys.

Of course, the numbnuts on the PSU boards think this is the best thing since Sandusky was given keys to the PSU lockerroom....

Go away PSU, a pedophile was harbored in your AD for over a decade, sodomizing underage boys. You should be ashamed and STFU.

Had to scroll down quite a bit (and I'm not a tweeter) but I assume you're referring to Redd's decision to transfer to USC?

Great ... like they needed to get stronger. :rolling_eyes:

I thought he was talking about the tweet about the NCAA already responding to the Paterno family and saying that the PSU sanctions aren't subject to appeal...

Back