What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sandy Clough on CU's class

Clough and the rest of the radio guys don't matter.

They are entertainment, nothing more. They aren't "experts" anymore than the average poster here or on sheepnation or any other site is an expert. They are on to get listeners and thus justify the selling of ad time.

Clough and the rest probably couldn't name 5 players from the class much less talk about the relative merrits of the class. They are there to discuss all things Broncos, all things Tebow, and occassionally talk about the Rockies, the Nuggs, or on a slow day the Avs. Everything else is simply a side issue and not worth more than a passing glance.

Also like a lot of the radio guys Clough is from the NY-New England area. To them sports starts and stops with the NFL and the Yankees-Red Sox, add in maybe the Celtics or the Knicks.

The good thing is that as little as they know about college recruiting the recruits know even less about them and could care even less.

Sandy Clough is a Tim Griffin wanna be. I can't figure out how that douche bag was ever allowed to spew his no nothing opinions over the airwaves?

Suzie Wargen (sp) of 9 news had a hilarious take on the CSU vs CU class. i know she is a lamie so it should come as no suprise. She started by saying Alabama won recruiting, and that the CSU coaching coming from Bama helped CSU get 24 guys. She then listed every positive thing she could about the CSU class (gpa's of some guys, and the fact a few of them played in state championship games). the only thing she said about CU was we got Yuri Wright, and the contriversy that goes with his signing.

Try Reno Notaro on 1510, you'll get a whole hour of lammies, not just 50/50 which would run in the face of maybe 33% CSU support in this state, but a whole hour with disdain in any mention of the Buffs. CSU will be bowling before the Buffs ih, maybe he's right. Don't know why I listened except Buff Chips was on next, but their show is Buff Chips.

Probably going radio silence till march as we will be entering NBA purgatory in about a week.

8th in the conference after the season we just witnessed where the Buffs ceased to be in competition for a win by halftime of half of the games I watched is still better than would be expected, especially when you factor in the national ranking and the number of recruits 3 stars or higher Embree got to sign. Pac-12 recruiting was explosive this year even with all the coaching turmoil. This conference is getting serious athletes and the fact that we are hanging with programs that were established winners in the recruits' recent memories (plus UCLA & Washington with their strong regional pulls on the WC) is very encouraging to me. Just imagine what a championship game appearance could do for us.

I don't want to defend Sandy, but he did say that this is a solid class and acknowledged that it is the #33 rated class in the country. He even mentioned that it was a very good class given the Hawkins record and Embree's 3 wins this year. His point was that we need to get up into the top half of the conference in recruiting to compete for championships.

This.

If we did better instate I think we would have easily had a Top 20 class.

He's a dying breed that just need to die off completely. I'll take Klatt and Evans or DMac and Al all day over him. Irv and Joe are old and don't act like jackasses. There is no excuse. I always regret listening to his show when he starts stuttering and yelling over anyone has even a small difference of opinion from him. Stage 5 douche bag.

Nobody is a bigger clown on the radio than Mike Evans and D-Mac. I didn't care for Clough in the 90's but I don't think he can be as bad as Evans and D-Mac.

Yes. Those two CBs that got drafted to play CB in the League were much lower quality.

First of all, those were two guys. Right now we have at least three. So, you have ignored my point about our depth. Second of all, I would argue that Smith was not an exceptional cover man. He got burned many many times during his tenure at CU. His strength was run support and zone coverage. Third, the coach of his hs compared Crawley to Deion Sanders. And Sanders said he has just amazing recovery speed.

First of all, those were two guys. Right now we have at least three. So, you have ignored my point about our depth. Second of all, I would argue that Smith was not an exceptional cover man. He got burned many many times during his tenure at CU. His strength was run support and zone coverage. Third, the coach of his hs compared Crawley to Deion Sanders. And Sanders said he has just amazing recovery speed.

Jimmy Smith was not an exceptional cover man but was good in run support and zone? Did you mix him up with Jalil Brown?

I understand this runs against conventional wisdom, but I actually think Jahlil was a better cover man. Also, the analyst who covers nfl scout, said much the same. Jahlil had a faster 20y cone time, which i think was amply demonstrated in 2010. Jahlil rarely got beat. Maybe the scouts are right that Smith is a better NFL prospect (because he is a little bigger), but I would have taken Jahlil before Smith. (I am using the 2010 year as evidence, not before)

The last time I felt strongly about a cornerback was Woodson, when I saw him play as a sophomore at UM. I thought he was going to be one of the best.

But whether this point is true or not, the good news is that we have tremendous depth and talent at cornerback, which is a tribute to GB and the staff.

Last edited:
No wonder recruits leave the state, the denver media trashes cu and college football regularly.

Hey look the old guy sticking up for the other old guy. Do you guys eat at the same Country Buffet are what?
No. We purchased our dentures from the same dentist and go to incontenence class together. He's not that bad a guy. Hell of a bingo player.

Clough and Goodman are both from New York. What does that tell ya? I'll say this about Clough: He seems, the few times I listen to him, to have toned it down, at least a little, lately. He's like a shark. If he smells blood in the water, he goes on a feeding frenzy. But if a caller is intelligent, he seems to respect that. But I do agree with most. He is an arrogant douche. Also, have you seen him on TV? He has British teeth.

Back