What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Scoreboards

No pics but there were 3 CSU metalsmithing grads working on the South board this morning

Not a lot happened to the big boards today. Slider pretty much covered it. There was some welding happening on the south board. I didn't see anything going on at the north end today. The field level board is now completely down though and laying in pieces on the field.

IMG_0035.jpg

IMG_0038.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

Are there more items on Allbuffs than you can realistically read?

If so, this time saving entry is for you.

Here is a mashed up news photo that is a convent summary of the scoreboard and FoCo Fire threads.

4b2008ca-b560-2ec8.jpg

Are there more items on Allbuffs than you can realistically read?

If so, this time saving entry is for you.

Here is a mashed up news photo that is a convent summary of the scoreboard and FoCo Fire threads.

4b2008ca-b560-2ec8.jpg

dont ever ****ing do that again

1)I think the FoCo fire photos are in bad taste and wish you guys would stop it. Maybe I'm oversensitive due to losing everything I owned and being rendered homeless from a fire before, but whatever. At least one person has died and it sounds like lots of people have had significant property damage. People might need help, not ridicule or teasing.

2)It still looks like one of the scoreboards is oriented vertically. WTF? Please tell me didn't spend 3.5 million dollars on a vertically oriented scoreboard.

For a second day in a row, there didn't seem to be much activity on the north end. I actually caught the crane folding up over there around 2ish. On the south end, they dropped in one final horizontal support on the very top. There was a lot of welding going on today and I'm almost certain board installation will be happening next week. Also, the field level board has now been completely removed and they've brought in what I think are some new horizontal supports for the replacement board.

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

1)
2)It still looks like one of the scoreboards is oriented vertically. WTF? Please tell me didn't spend 3.5 million dollars on a vertically oriented scoreboard.

I am guessing there will be a ton of ad space on the tops and bottoms of the actual part that will show replays. Right now it looks really impressive, but I am interested in seeing how it looks when all is said and done.

I am guessing there will be a ton of ad space on the tops and bottoms of the actual part that will show replays. Right now it looks really impressive, but I am interested in seeing how it looks when all is said and done.

Ya in all the renderings I have seen some digital ad space on the boards. with a square/ horizontal rectangle screen.

Somebody post the mother ****ing pictures.

It doesn't look like anything has happened recently. The crane on the South end looked like something was about to happen but I couldn't get a good angle to take a picture of it and the North still only has the frames still up.

It doesn't look like anything has happened recently. The crane on the South end looked like something was about to happen but I couldn't get a good angle to take a picture of it and the North still only has the frames still up.

Then what the **** is this?

Neg rep to Golden for being late!!!!!!!!!!!

That's an average of 7.5 exclamation points per post. Off the charts. Something must be up.

Apologies for my tardiness. You haven't really missed out on anything. I took pictures yesterday but didn't end up posting them. Not too much has happened since last week. There's still welding going on on the south board and it seems like there is nothing going on to the north. The crane that was over there is gone and i haven't seen anyone working over there. The field level board is no more and the pieces of it are gone. Other than that, there's not much to report.

IMG_0048.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

Golden. You need to go down to the workers today and tell them to hurry up. Let them know the people on Allbuffs are bored.

Golden. You need to go down to the workers today and tell them to hurry up. Let them know the people on Allbuffs are bored.

I'll pass the word along. I'm cautiously optimistic that they start installing the board this week though. In the article the camera did awhile ago, they said that installation would begin on the 20th (today). Then again, that could mean next week...

My dad's company is working to put the new control room and studio in for the PAC-12 network and that runs these boards. He said the entire project is supposed to be done end of July or thereabouts. Would like to see these new boards in before that though. Should definitely a great enhancement to the game day experience.

My dad's company is working to put the new control room and studio in for the PAC-12 network and that runs these boards. He said the entire project is supposed to be done end of July or thereabouts. Would like to see these new boards in before that though. Should definitely a great enhancement to the game day experience.

End of July? I swear if they actually worked on it they would be done by now. Everytime I walk by nothing is going on, which is usually once in the morning and in the afternoon. Having said that, I have minimal knowledge on construction

Back