What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Season prediction thread

Listen Oregon is recruiting at a high level, there is no doubt about that but people seem to be skipping over how disappointing they looked on the field last season. Their fans will say they got really unlucky against Stanford, but they also got lucky as hell against Washington and this season they have to go to Stanford, Washington, USC, ASU and what is essentially a road game against Auburn. They played really poorly on the road last year and they are breaking in a new coordinator from a G5 school.

Eh, I think you exaggerate how disappointing they were. It was Cristobal's first year and the 3rd coach in 3 years, and they won 9 games and their bowl. The Stanford loss is an all time gut punch, no doubt about that. The rest of what you said is exactly my point. "Oregon is in the same boat" with a difficult schedule like CU. They could go 9-4 again, or worse, and be a better team.

Eh, I think you exaggerate how disappointing they were. It was Cristobal's first year and the 3rd coach in 3 years, and they won 9 games and their bowl. The Stanford loss is an all time gut punch, no doubt about that. The rest of what you said is exactly my point. "Oregon is in the same boat" with a difficult schedule like CU. They could go 9-4 again, or worse, and be a better team.
Cristobal is building something at Oregon. It will be interesting how his staff's coaching and development will be in the next few years. On paper, they will have a national title team. Can he develop it and coach it up to its potential?

Cristobal is building something at Oregon. It will be interesting how his staff's coaching and development will be in the next few years. On paper, they will have a national title team. Can he develop it and coach it up to its potential?

Jury is out for me, big time. The offense regressed badly last year. Are they good coaches as well as good recruiters?

They won 8 games with one of the softest out of conference schedules in the country. They got boat raced at Arizona a week before cu played them and lost by 11? The schedules are not comparable, Oregon has their toughest games on the road where they were awful last year and Colorado has their toughest as home. Go look at the advanced stats on oregon last year, they aren’t pretty and everyone wanted their OC fired. Cristobal was a first year head coach but there was plenty of people that stayed with him, so that doesn’t really mean a lot. He isn’t really proven in college football outside of being a recruiter, his experience is limited and it will show itself again this year. And I hope this doesn’t come across as one of those posts downplaying recruiting, but Cristobal hasn’t even called plays before in his career and I think it shows that he doesn’t understand the football side of things near enough to succeed at this level.

They won 8 games with one of the softest out of conference schedules in the country. They got boat raced at Arizona a week before cu played them and lost by 11? The schedules are not comparable, Oregon has their toughest games on the road where they were awful last year and Colorado has their toughest as home. Go look at the advanced stats on oregon last year, they aren’t pretty and everyone wanted their OC fired. Cristobal was a first year head coach but there was plenty of people that stayed with him, so that doesn’t really mean a lot. He isn’t really proven in college football outside of being a recruiter, his experience is limited and it will show itself again this year. And I hope this doesn’t come across as one of those posts downplaying recruiting, but Cristobal hasn’t even called plays before in his career and I think it shows that he doesn’t understand the football side of things near enough to succeed at this level.

I've got the same take on their program-Recruiting is the key, but you've still gotta have guys who understand the football side of things. We saw it here with Embree, and that's obviously a more egregious example than anything up there-all those dudes were known as recruiters, but Saturdays brought us QB sneaks on first and 10 because we had issues with basic things like getting plays in.

Been thinking about this a lot after getting fired from my pizza job because my boss is a total dic*. 6 and 6 is what i'm hoping for, anything better and it's time to break out the good stuff, love those Mickey's big mouths.

Been thinking about this a lot after getting fired from my pizza job because my boss is a total dic*. 6 and 6 is what i'm hoping for, anything better and it's time to break out the good stuff, love those Mickey's big mouths.
Right on, Jim. By the way, you can say dick.

Hola amigos! This is great news! After I called my boss a prick, he canned me. You should be able to express yourself! Also, I think my douche roomie "surveyor", pinched my weed. I weighed it the other day and it's 10 grams light. Now, I won't be able to afford my Nebraska ticket. I was planning to sell enough to cover the cost, but I have keep enough for Senior Anchower.. What a dick surveyor is!

Last edited:

They won 9 games, tyvm. They got boat raced by Arizona. I'm not sure why you're making this a pissing contest about CU vs UO. It was merely a comment that both teams have tough schedules this year and that results may not reflect the actual improvement. If you think that @ASU, @Utah, @Oregon, @WSU won't be tough games for CU, I dunno what to say.

Is it too early to start? I figure some will want to wait till we have some Fall camp reports and lineups worked out before, but I am anxious to kick this off!

7-5 for me.
CSU: W
Nebraska: W
Air Force: W
@ Arizona St: L
Arizona:W
@Oregon:L
@ Washington St: L
USC W
@UCLA W
Stanford W
Washington L
@Utah L

I’ll take this scenario all day. It means we’d bowl and sweep the California schools. That would be tremendous year 1 for tucker.

Or **** ****braska!
*uck you man! Been thinking a lot about this situation, and you need to move back to Nebraska! Can't hang with you weed moochers, just because you live in an uptight state. Oh! and that ridiculous red truck with the cow ball hitch makes me sick to my stomach, I have to smoke a bowl to try not to vomit!

Farm animals are not dates! You sick bastard.

*uck you man! Been thinking a lot about this situation, and you need to move back to Nebraska! Can't hang with you weed moochers, just because you live in an uptight state. Oh! and that ridiculous red truck with the cow ball hitch makes me sick to my stomach, I have to smoke a bowl to try not to vomit!

No. Where you been?
On this site the "Go Big Red!" is fixed to be GBR!
Must be doing your cousins.

I think this is a tough year. It usually takes a couple of years for a new coach to change a culture. Even Saban was only 6-6 in his first season at Alabama (7-6 after the Bowl game) and they had a lot of talent.

CSU: W - I think Bobo is about done. He has done little to build his team.
Nebraska:- L - Frost is in his second year and the Huskers are picked to be improved. If the Buffs could win this game it would help their season.
Air Force: W - This game scares me. AFA is always well coached and they play tough. They will want this game for some local kudos.
@ Arizona St: L - The Buffs have not done well on the road and ASU is a little better than the Buffs.
Arizona:W - The Buffs want this one badly. The Wildcats are a little worse then the Buffs.
@Oregon:L - On the road and the Ducks appear to be loaded.
@ Washington St: L - in Folsom I might pick the Buffs. Not on the road and Leach seems to have is going well up in Pullman.
USC- L - I know the Trojans did not play well last year but they have a lot of talent.
@UCLA W - No idea what is happening with UCLA. A lot of talent but seem to be struggling with Chip.
Stanford L - My heart says win but my brain says No.
Washington L - Maybe the best team in the PAC 12. Well coached with talent.
@Utah L - On the road and the Utes are expected to win the South.

4-8

Last edited:

Probably has truck nuts, not a cowbell. That's at least how I envision him.

I think this is a tough year. It usually takes a couple of years for a new coach to change a culture. Even Saban was only 6-6 in his first season at Alabama (7-6 after the Bowl game) and they had a lot of talent.

CSU: W - I think Bobo is about done. He has done little to build his team.
Nebraska:- L - Frost is in his second year and the Huskers are picked to be improved. If the Buffs could win this game it would help their season.
Air Force: W - This game scares me. AFA is always well coached and they play tough. They will want this game for some local kudos.
@ Arizona St: L - The Buffs have not done well on the road and ASU is a little better than the Buffs.
Arizona:W - The Buffs want this one badly. The Wildcats are a little worse then the Buffs.
@Oregon:L - On the road and the Ducks appear to be loaded.
@ Washington St: L - in Folsom I might pick the Buffs. Not on the road and Leach seems to have is going well up in Pullman.
USC- L - I know the Trojans did not play well last year but they have a lot of talent.
@UCLA W - No idea what is happening with UCLA. A lot of talent but seem to be struggling with Chip.
Stanford L - My heart says win but my brain says No.
Washington L - Maybe the best team in the PAC 12. Well coached with talent.
@Utah L - On the road and the Utes are expected to win the South.

3-9.
That is actually 4-8.

No. Where you been?
On this site the "Go Big Red!" is fixed to be **** ****braska!
Must be doing your cousins.
Yawn, that's your comeback. What a dolt! Can you even comprehend the play on the hypothetical posts above. F'it not worth my time arguing with a dumb ass! Keep up, or don't post dumb ****.

GFY!

Last edited:
CSU: W
Nebraska:- W - I can't decide if having them early is good because we'll avoid potential depth issues we could have later in the season or if it's bad because we'll still be learning the new system. This could go either way.
Air Force: W - It helps that we play Adrian Martinez the previous week. Nebraska will run the most similar offense to Air Force we see.
@ Arizona St: L - Another toss up but I'm going to say loss. On the road to the desert is always hard but True Freshman QB. I think them starting Jayden Daniels will be good in the long run but some growing pains especially early in the season when we get them.
Arizona: W - This gets interesting if they set Tate free otherwise I think it's one of the easiest games on the schedule.
@Oregon:L - Just don't see them beating a veteran Ducks team on the road. Hardest game on the schedule probably.
@ Washington St: L - New QB just doesn't seem to have the effect on a Leach team like it does everyone else.
USC- W - HCMT has circled this game on the calendar. USC will most likely have an interim HC or a dead man walking at this point.
@UCLA W - I think they take a big jump this year but I still think the Buffs win. We always seem to have close games with UCLA.
Stanford L - I can't decide if this is going to be a 5-7 Stanford team or a 9-3 team. David Shaw finally adjusting the offense the second half of last year makes me think closer to 9-3.
Washington L - I think they win the Pac 12 again this year. National Championship contenders within the next 3 years. Peterson's recruiting has stepped it way up and he was dangerous with okay recruiting.
@Utah L - Don't see a veteran Utah team losing and the games late in the year I worry about depth issues, especially on defense.

6-6

The first 5 games really set the stage for the season. 4-1 or 5-0 makes a bowl game reachable. Anything short of that makes it really tough. With depth issues I like an easier first half of the schedule but with a new scheme they may struggle early. Zona, UCLA, and the Nubs all struggled with new systems earlier in the year and looked better by the end (with maybe the exception of Zona). ASU looked pretty consistent throughout the year with a senior QB and badass WR...

I'm bored at work so, slightly more detailed:

CSU: This should definitely be a W. They're bad, but it's game 1 and they're a rival so could be semi close, but bad.

Nebraska: We beat them last year at their house. I'm not sure how much they've improved, but I like our chances here better than our P12 schedule. They didn't win a single game on the road last year. Year 2 for Frost at USF was quite the improvement on year 1, though..

Air Force: Option is annoying, but they're bad. If we're disciplined we should have this one fairly easy.

@ASU: We suck on the road. We suck at the road in the heat in Tempe. They only lost once at home last season. This will be an interesting test. Can MT get us to be non garbage on the road?

Arizona: Tate scares me, but hopefully our discipline from playing AFA and Nebraska will help us here. And Sumlin inexplicably turning him into a pocket passer. Also, at home. P12 teams suck on the road generally, so, should be a W.

@Oregon: Oregon on the road should be tough. They should be pretty good this year, possible top of the first round QB leading them. We'll probably get rolled.

@Wazzu: Wazzu will never scare me, but Leach randomly has that thing rolling. Idk who their QB is, but I'm sure Leach can find one to run that offense along his walk to work or something. If the DBs aren't a mess, maybe. And if we fix road woes. I do feel like the bottom will fall out from under Wazzu one of these years and they'll go back to being a meh team.

USC: Just can't predict a W over Trojan. Helton is probably fired by this point in the year and they'll go on a run under their inspired new interim coach somehow. It is at home, though.. and someday we're bound to beat those guys.

@UCLA: idk, the Chipper era started out rough, but their schedule last year was tough too. DTR looked solid last year, but isn't really "scary" yet. If the wheels are falling off the Chipwagon this might be a nice road win. Also, road game.

Stanford: I think they're going to be really good this year, but I kinda think that every year. Costello is really good, if they take the training wheels off and let him play they could be challenging UO/UW for the north. It is a home game, though.. and we might be desperate for a win. Best chance for a big upset here.

@Washington: I think they could be really good this year with Eason at QB. If he steps in and plays to his talent level, they could be playoff contenders. and on the road. No chance unless Eason is a disaster.

@Utah: I'm not buying the hype. They might be the best South team this year, but that isn't saying much. They do have an actual QB for once and as always the stout DL, but we seem to always play them hard. We might have to win this to get to a bowl so I like our chances here.

So..
2 for sure wins, CSU and AFA
3 I like our chances: Nebraska, UCLA, and Arizona
4 could go either way but probably lose more than we win here: ASU, Wazzu, USC, Utah
3 likely L: Washington, Oregon, Stanford

2 + 2 of the 2nd group + 1-3 from the 3rd group and 0 from last group = 5-7 wins, somewhere in there.

FWIW and correct me if I'm wrong on this-but aren't we a lock to be Pac 12 after Dark in Tempe? I don't think they start September home games later than like 8pm local because of that. Hopefully that'll mean weather isn't as big a factor.

Spent sometime on CSU's forum. They are definitely concerned about Shenault. But, they seem to think they are going to beat us this year...

FWIW and correct me if I'm wrong on this-but aren't we a lock to be Pac 12 after Dark in Tempe? I don't think they start September home games later than like 8pm local because of that. Hopefully that'll mean weather isn't as big a factor.

well it was 90 degrees at 9 pm here the other night and Arizona is significantly hotter..

plus we just have never beaten ASU in Tempe

Back