What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Season prediction thread

Eh Ram Nation actually seems pretty level headed about the RMS, iyam. I only see one or two people downplaying CU. Most are pretty aware that Viska is going to get his and if their offense can’t move the ball early on, they’ll be blown out like last year.

Eh Ram Nation actually seems pretty level headed about the RMS, iyam. I only see one or two people downplaying CU. Most are pretty aware that Viska is going to get his and if their offense can’t move the ball early on, they’ll be blown out like last year.

Yeah, some selective reading to say that board is confident in beating CU.

FWIW and correct me if I'm wrong on this-but aren't we a lock to be Pac 12 after Dark in Tempe? I don't think they start September home games later than like 8pm local because of that. Hopefully that'll mean weather isn't as big a factor.
It’s still hot at night.

I’d rather have Cal than Stanford or Oregon (or UW or WSU)

I think cal is going to be a toss up versus Stanford this year actually. That might be the best defense in the conference and if they improve on offense at all they will be a top 4 team in the pac.

I think cal is going to be a toss up versus Stanford this year actually. That might be the best defense in the conference and if they improve on offense at all they will be a top 4 team in the pac.
I don’t think your statement and TSchec’s are inconsistent. The teams from the north that are better than or even with Cal are already on our schedule. If we swapped them out with anyone, it’s probably a wash.

hahaha wow. Didn't see that.

Agree. Cal doesn't have a QB (we don't know if the Pirate has a QB either, but I don't think that matters) and Stanford/Oregon/UW do
This CU team is going to score a lot of points (hopefully). Whether they can stop other teams from scoring will determine how good they are. I’d much rather play a great defense and ****ty offense than vice versa.

This CU team is going to score a lot of points (hopefully). Whether they can stop other teams from scoring will determine how good they are. I’d much rather play a great defense and ****ty offense than vice versa.

Exactly-but the trouble with opening with an opponent as bad as CSU is is we won't know until about our defense until the Nubs get here.

Exactly-but the trouble with opening with an opponent as bad as CSU is is we won't know until about our defense until the Nubs get here.
Agreed but it’s a good warm up game for a new staff and new systems on both sides of the ball. Nebraska didn’t get that warm up game last year, and I’m sure it was to our advantage

Agreed but it’s a good warm up game for a new staff and new systems on both sides of the ball. Nebraska didn’t get that warm up game last year, and I’m sure it was to our advantage

ESPN is probably showing their opener at 10am MT on 9/1 so they do get that warmup game this year lol

FWIW and correct me if I'm wrong on this-but aren't we a lock to be Pac 12 after Dark in Tempe? I don't think they start September home games later than like 8pm local because of that. Hopefully that'll mean weather isn't as big a factor.

I've seen many a game in Sun Devil Stadium, and even if the temp says it drops at night, it really doesn't inside the stadium. There is so much radiant heat inside, like disgustingly uncomfortable. At the 2002 (I think) CU/ASU game by halftime we left and watched the rest of the in a bar. I think the on-field temp was reported as 109 or something like that. Hopefully with the renovations they did there is more air movement instead of being so stifling.

This team is pretty much what we thought it would be, other than Montez being bi-polar.

Going into the conference schedule, every team has weak spots. I like our chances to go 5-4 or 4-5 in the rest of the games and squeak into a bowl game.

This team is pretty much what we thought it would be, other than Montez being bi-polar.

Going into the conference schedule, every team has weak spots. I like our chances to go 5-4 or 4-5 in the rest of the games and squeak into a bowl game.
Really hoping for a bowl.

I think HCMT and staff can recruit regardless but being able to sell improvement with clearly help. Those extra practices wouldn't hurt either.

You sure?
No.

My optimism, if you can call it that, is a byproduct of the rest of the conference appearing to be mediocre at best. I don’t see any teams that are unbeatable, even Oregon, UW and Utah. True, Those will be tough games, but not impossible.

No.

My optimism, if you can call it that, is a byproduct of the rest of the conference appearing to be mediocre at best. I don’t see any teams that are unbeatable, even Oregon, UW and Utah. True, Those will be tough games, but not impossible.
Whoregon on the road with a future 1st round NFL QB will slice and dice up the CU defense.
Utah will confuse Montez and there will be turnovers galore.
Of the three you mention Washington is the only hope and it's thin.

We will know a lot about the ceiling of this team after the next two games.

Need to beat UCLA on the road.
If they don't fix the secondary miscues by the time they come out of the bye to play zona....

giphy.gif

Whoregon on the road with a future 1st round NFL QB will slice and dice up the CU defense.
Utah will confuse Montez and there will be turnovers galore.
Of the three you mention Washington is the only hope and it's thin.
I admit those will be tough games. I’m also counting on the team we saw on Saturday won’t be the same team we see later in the year. Saturday was a convergence of several factors that made that game very hard to win, and we still were a blocked PAT away from winning it. I’m hopeful that we can learn from the mistakes and play better. The coaches need to earn their paychecks.

Back