What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Season Prediction thread

Does anybody else have the same concerns about Toledo as I do?

No and it shouldn't be close. Toledo has nowhere near the talent level we will see in the Big 12, so this needs to be a beatdown or it could be a long season.

I know it's a short week, but we should be able to get some game planning for Toledo in during Fall camp.

"No excuses", right Hawk? The short week is no excuse IMO.

I know Toledo doesn't have the talent that we do, but did Toledo have equal talent to Michigan last year? Or better yet, did Eastern Washington have CU's talent last year?

Football is a game where rest is needed and short weeks scare me. We could be playing St. Mary's for the blind and I would still be nervous about playing them on a short week.

I know Toledo doesn't have the talent that we do, but did Toledo have equal talent to Michigan last year? Or better yet, did Eastern Washington have CU's talent last year?

Football is a game where rest is needed and short weeks scare me. We could be playing St. Mary's for the blind and I would still be nervous about playing them on a short week.

They have a new coach and like to throw it around. They have a kid from Canton Mckinley named Morgan williams. Very quick rb,went over 1000 yds as a freshman.

Any road game concerns me.

Toledo seems like a trap game, I can understand the concern with that game.

But what is with outsiders mentioning Wyoming as a trap game? Is it really all because of Christensen? As much as we complain about our offense (and rightfully so), Wyoming was far worse. That game is going to be similar to the Miami (OH) game a couple years ago.

Toledo seems like a trap game, I can understand the concern with that game.

But what is with outsiders mentioning Wyoming as a trap game? Is it really all because of Christensen? As much as we complain about our offense (and rightfully so), Wyoming was far worse. That game is going to be similar to the Miami (OH) game a couple years ago.

I think because Christensen is the coach and his missouri offense destroyed us the last 2 years has people concerned. Problem is, he doesn't have anywhere near the talent on offense,especially at qb that he had at mizzou.

Another reason is that Wyoming has given us fits the last couple times we've played them. The Wyoming players are similar to the CSU players in that many of them are from Colorado and were passed over for scholarships at CU.

my prediction, we'll win a game we shouldn't and lose a game we should win.

Another reason is that Wyoming has given us fits the last couple times we've played them. The Wyoming players are similar to the CSU players in that many of them are from Colorado and were passed over for scholarships at CU.

i think there's a lot of truth to this and Wyo will come out sky high, maybe get some "system" points but talent level and adjustments should (should) allow us to make this a 2 score type W.

that 97 or 98 game in Folsom we got pretty darned lucky. if i recall, they put the ball on the turf late in the 4th to essentially give us the W.

I think we will win the first three, but at least one of the three will be a lot closer than it should be. Unfortunately I dont see us going into Morgantown and taking down WVU, given how this team has played on the road the last few year.
Texas is pretty much a loss barring some kind of miracle.
I think the season hinges on how the team rebounds from losing two in a row.
The next 5 games on the schedule are critical, 4-1 in this period and we have a succesful season, 3-2 mediocre, 2-3 unacceptable.
OK St. is probably an L.
Nebraska is a 50-50 rivalry game, I think we will take it at home.
CSU W
Toledo W
Wyoming W
WVU L
Texas L
Kansas W
K State W
Missouri L
A&M W
Iowa St W
OK St L
Nebraska W

Mid Tier Bowl against a Big 10 team.

Reactions: dio
that 97 or 98 game in Folsom we got pretty darned lucky. if i recall, they put the ball on the turf late in the 4th to essentially give us the W.

Yep, that was 1997. Their RB (who was having a GREAT day) was stripped and Merkerson ran it back to game winning FG range. Wyoming was no freebie in 1990 either, it took us 4th and goal from the 1 in the final seconds to win that one.

Yep, that was 1997. Their RB (who was having a GREAT day) was stripped and Merkerson ran it back to game winning FG range. Wyoming was no freebie in 1990 either, it took us 4th and goal from the 1 in the final seconds to win that one.

That was the Stanford game in 1990, not Wyoming. We played Wyoming in 91 at Folsom.

Good grief...Toledo...Wyoming?? We play in the Big 12 and have Texas, Oklahoma State, and Nebraska on the schedule and we're stressing out about these two??

Maybe it's a sign of where our program is, but I doubt Texas is stressing out about their Wyoming game. Let's just destroy these two like good teams are supposed to do and move on.

Also, WVU is a very winnable game IMO, they have to replace their best player from a team that we already beat, plus I think they miss RichRod more than we think.

I'm in the group with the 9 wins thinking....really would be somewhat disappointed with anything less than 8 wins though, especially with how the schedule falls and with the talk that our leader DH has spewed (that's right, if you're gonna talk the talk, then better have the team walk the walk and win them 10 games)

do i really have to list out my 14-0 prediction week by week or can you guys at least figure out the first 12 games?

:lol:

My prediction is that the Buffs will be Undefeated this season... unless they're defeated

Good grief...Toledo...Wyoming?? We play in the Big 12 and have Texas, Oklahoma State, and Nebraska on the schedule and we're stressing out about these two??

Maybe it's a sign of where our program is, but I doubt Texas is stressing out about their Wyoming game. Let's just destroy these two like good teams are supposed to do and move on.

Not to pick on you too much for that comment, but ya think?????

Until the team shows any sort of consistency, especially on the road, why shouldn't people be a little leery of certain games. After all, it took a late TD to win against Eastern Washington at home last season.

Oh, and I still believe we beat the **** out of Wyoming. They are really going to struggle early on with picking up a new system and will be coming off a game against Texas.

I agree Wyoming doesn't really scare me. Here is my list of games that I feel most confident in, starting with most confident.

12. Wyoming
11. Texas A&M
10. CSU
9. Mizzou
8. Kansas St.
7. Iowa St.
6. Toledo
5. Nebraska
4. Kansas
3. West Virginia
2. Okie st.
1. Texas

I think because Christensen is the coach and his missouri offense destroyed us the last 2 years has people concerned. Problem is, he doesn't have anywhere near the talent on offense,especially at qb that he had at mizzou.

I think Christensen as coach works against wyo. This is a prime opportunity for a little revenge on Christensen to give him a taste of his own medicine. The Buffs will be very ready for this game.

" I agree Wyoming doesn't really scare me. Here is my list of games that I feel most confident in, starting with most confident.

12. Wyoming
11. Texas A&M
10. CSU
9. Mizzou
8. Kansas St.
7. Iowa St.
6. Toledo
5. Nebraska
4. Kansas
3. West Virginia
2. Okie st.
1. Texas "

you are more worried about Iowa St. and Toledo than Mizzou? I realize they lost a lot but come on, they aren't going to be terrible.

Not to pick on you too much for that comment, but ya think?????

Until the team shows any sort of consistency, especially on the road, why shouldn't people be a little leery of certain games. After all, it took a late TD to win against Eastern Washington at home last season.

Oh, and I still believe we beat the **** out of Wyoming. They are really going to struggle early on with picking up a new system and will be coming off a game against Texas.

Fair enough, but if this program is really getting better then there is no excuse for not winning either of these games regardless of the short week.

I'm not afraid of Toledo because it's year 4 for Hawk, and if this team is truly ready to "turn the corner" this year, then I think we have the right to expect him and the team to win these games.

If we can't beat Toledo by now, then this team is not improving and it'll be time to re-evaluate this staff.

" I agree Wyoming doesn't really scare me. Here is my list of games that I feel most confident in, starting with most confident.

12. Wyoming
11. Texas A&M
10. CSU
9. Mizzou
8. Kansas St.
7. Iowa St.
6. Toledo
5. Nebraska
4. Kansas
3. West Virginia
2. Okie st.
1. Texas "

you are more worried about Iowa St. and Toledo than Mizzou? I realize they lost a lot but come on, they aren't going to be terrible.

yep, we WILL beat Mizzou, no questions asked, WE WILL!

I agree Wyoming doesn't really scare me. Here is my list of games that I feel most confident in, starting with most confident.

Interesting concept. Here's mine:

12. CSU (Pent up frustration from 5-7. In Folsom. Slam dunk)
11. Wyoming (Talent discepancy. In Folsom. Automatic)
10. Iowa State (Basement of the B12 North.)
9. K-State (Only above ISU b/c it's Manhattan. Team is in disarray)
8. Toledo (Short Week, or would be 10)
7. Texas A&M (Easy to overlook. If the talent ever came together...)
6. Mizzou (For pride. Last year was a disaster.)
5. Nebraska (Because it's senior day)
4. West Virginia (Does hawk ever win on the road at night?)
3. Kansas (For the B-12 north. Mangino & Reising has Hawk's #.)
2. Okie Lite. (On the road - at night - explosive offense)
1. Texas. (Because we're brainwashed that these guys are good)

It's July, so I'm going to look at things through Buff colored glasses until I have a reason not to.

4-0 start in the non-conference.

Texas in Austin has a bit too much, but much like when the Giants lost a close one to the Patriots a couple years ago, the Buff gain a ton of confidence from standing toe to toe with the Longhorns and keeping it close to the final whistle. 4-1, but the team comes together and starts to truly believe.

CU rolls through Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Texas A&M and Iowa State to push it to 9-1. Buffs are ranked in the Top 15 but the pundits question whether they are for real.

At Oklahoma State, CU takes a huge step forward with a big road win. Jimmy Smith shuts down Dez Bryant and a young (but deep and talented) defensive line comes into its own and spends the day in the OSU backfield. CUs offense owns the line of scrimmage and runs all over the OSU defense. Gundy is unable to make adjustments and the Buffs shock the football world with a double-digit victory margin. Corso, who had put on a cowboy hat before the game, admits that it wasn't as close as the final score.

Final game of the year pits a 10-1 Colorado squad against a 8-3 Nebraska team. Winner goes to the Big 12 Championship because 1 of NUs losses is out of conference to Virginia Tech. A win against CU would tie them with 2 conference losses and give NU the head-to-head advantage. Two weeks of smack leads up to the biggest rivalry game of the Thanksgiving weekend. Nebraska fans flood every internet poll, internet comment board, message board, and sports talk radio show to make sure the world knows that Nebraska is the better team at every position, has better coaches, has an AD who may be the greatest living American, and of course has the classiest fans. In fact, they say, Nebraska is so far superior to those classless piss balloon-throwing, battery-chucking, gang-banging, coed-raping, coach's daughter-impregnating Buffs that it's ridiculous that anyone calls it a rivalry. CU proceeds to win by 40 (experts once again say that it wasn't that close).

In a rematch with Texas for the Big 12 Championship, CU takes advantage of some early turnovers to go into halftime with a 20-10 lead. Darrell Scott and Rodney Stewart control the clock in the 2nd half as the Buffs hang on 27-24 and win the Big 12 Title!

Having started too low in the polls, the Buffs get screwed out of playing in the BCS Championship game. As a consolation, CU goes to the Orange Bowl to play a 10-2 Notre Dame team that doesn't boast a single win against a Top 25 team (yet is still ranked #6). CU rolls ND by 34-3 and finishes the season ranked #2.

It's July, so I'm going to look at things through Buff colored glasses until I have a reason not to.

Texas in Austin has a bit too much, but much like when the Giants lost a close one to the Patriots a couple years ago, the Buff gain a ton of confidence from standing toe to toe with the Longhorns and keeping it close to the final whistle. 4-1, but the team comes together and starts to truly believe.

CU rolls through Kansas, Kansas State, Missouri, Texas A&M and Iowa State to push it to 9-1. Buffs are ranked in the Top 15 but the pundits question whether they are for real.

At Oklahoma State, CU takes a huge step forward with a big road win. Jimmy Smith shuts down Dez Bryant and a young (but deep and talented) defensive line comes into its own and spends the day in the OSU backfield. CUs offense owns the line of scrimmage and runs all over the OSU defense. Gundy is unable to make adjustments and the Buffs shock the football world with a double-digit victory margin. Corso, who had put on a cowboy hat before the game, admits that it wasn't as close as the final score.

Final game of the year pits a 10-1 Colorado squad against a 8-3 Nebraska team. Winner goes to the Big 12 Championship because 1 of NUs losses is out of conference to Virginia Tech. A win against CU would tie them with 2 conference losses and give NU the head-to-head advantage. Two weeks of smack leads up to the biggest rivalry game of the Thanksgiving weekend. Nebraska fans flood every internet poll, internet comment board, message board, and sports talk radio show to make sure the world knows that Nebraska is the better team at every position, has better coaches, has an AD who may be the greatest living American, and of course has the classiest fans. In fact, they say, Nebraska is so far superior to those classless piss balloon-throwing, battery-chucking, gang-banging, coed-raping, coach's daughter-impregnating Buffs that it's ridiculous that anyone calls it a rivalry. CU proceeds to win by 40 (experts once again say that it wasn't that close).

In a rematch with Texas for the Big 12 Championship, CU takes advantage of some early turnovers to go into halftime with a 20-10 lead. Darrell Scott and Rodney Stewart control the clock in the 2nd half as the Buffs hang on 27-24 and win the Big 12 Title!

Having started too low in the polls, the Buffs get screwed out of playing in the BCS Championship game. As a consolation, CU goes to the Orange Bowl to play a 10-2 Notre Dame team that doesn't boast a single win against a Top 25 team (yet is still ranked #6). CU rolls ND by 34-3 and finishes the season ranked #2.
finally, some ****ing quality to this thread! :thumbsup:

Hell,:thumbsup: yeah.

my favorite flavor of koolaid (raises a glass) here's to you buffnik

OH YEAAAAAAAAAAAH

Attachments

• OH YEAH BUFF.jpg
    OH YEAH BUFF.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 34

Please, sir, may I have some more?:drink2:

Back