What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sefo and Lindgren Cause of CUs Misery

You are making assumptions and there is a big ASS to start that out with. It is not 100% on Sefo, BUT Sefo is the same guy averaging over 7 yds/attempt and doing all these wonderful stats people want to point out to make their point. The key factor for a QB is winning games. I am anti-Manning post-season but he is the best regular season QB I have ever seen. Post season give me Montana, Brady or Elway. Since this is college football, all that matters is regular season, so going recent memory; give me a boring ass Garrett Grayson that isn't going to make mistakes as a 3rd year starter and step up and win the close games. Sefo has plenty of weapons to throw to. The problem is his passes are less crisp and he can't sustain a drive in the 2nd half (until we are already down by two scores and have no chance).
You mean 3rd round NFL draft pick and top 5 NCAA passing yards QB in 2014, Garrett Grayson? Yeah, I think a lot of programs would have liked to have that boring ass Garrett Grayson.

You mean 3rd round NFL draft pick and top 5 NCAA passing yards QB in 2014, Garrett Grayson? Yeah, I think a lot of programs would have liked to have that boring ass Garrett Grayson.
Grayson in 2013 was an average QB and there was questions if Stevens may be a better choice as a RS Frosh. An average QB can become good or great. Sefo has stayed stagnant and still goes to sleep for long stretches or has that ill timed turnover to make a game we can win go to a game we are playing late catch up and covering the spread.

They banned him.

Is that a not so sublte John Galt reference? Zandi agrees!

Maybe I missed something. What am I agreeing with?

Darth, didn't mean to put words in your mouth, I was talking more about the general attitude of "Sefo is our only hope".

I'd love a conversation. Tons of people defending Sefo, seem to gloss over the fact he can't win games. I'd like to see anything else happen. Trying to figure out what that might be, obvious choice is to swap QBs, at least for part of a game.

PLAY TO WIN!

Maybe I missed something. What am I agreeing with?

Darth, didn't mean to put words in your mouth, I was talking more about the general attitude of "Sefo is our only hope".

I'd love a conversation. Tons of people defending Sefo, seem to gloss over the fact he can't win games. I'd like to see anything else happen. Trying to figure out what that might be, obvious choice is to swap QBs, at least for part of a game.

PLAY TO WIN!
I don't think you're saying anything new. Just MORE LOUDLY!

if you could read, you would know that's not true. But you don't want conversation, you want to rant. So keep lying.

I want to talk about this article right here. If anybody hasn't read this article... I don't read it. This was brought to me by a mother... of children. I think this is worth reading. Let me tell you why I want to talk 'bout this article. 3/4ths of this is inaccurate, it's fiction... and this article embarrasses me to be involved with athletics... tremendously.

If we didn't give them 6 consecutive possessions against a dog-tired, been on the field for the entire 2nd half defense, we wouldn't give up 42 pts.

Argue me this. If we were to have gone up 14, maybe, god forbid, 21 in the 2nd half during our play to not lose, protect a 7 pt lead phase, do you think RRod puts in the running QB?

I'll argue; this characterization is false. at the point where Arizona took over on their 3 yard line and put in Randall, CU had possessed the ball for 8:38 of the 2nd half to that point, meaning that the defense had been on the field for only 5:28 in the second half (there were 54 seconds left in the 3Q when AZ took possession).

When the defense was done giving up those three TDs in a row, the possession for the 2nd half was CU: 12:37, AZ: 12:43. The 2nd half ended with CU: 15:29 and AZ: 14:31.
The defense had been on the field no more than the opposing defense in the 2nd half prior to the back-to-back-to-back TDs CU gave up, and only was briefly after the 3 TD drives.

The first half saw CU dominate the time of possession, so it's not like the D was tired from the first half either.

Again, I know it's hard to believe since we haven't seen it at CU in quite some time, but it's not unreasonable to ask a defense to protect a one score lead at home, especially when they are set up with extremely favorable field position 2 drives in a row.

I want to talk about this article right here. If anybody hasn't read this article... I don't read it. This was brought to me by a mother... of children. I think this is worth reading. Let me tell you why I want to talk 'bout this article. 3/4ths of this is inaccurate, it's fiction... and this article embarrasses me to be involved with athletics... tremendously.

I don't see you busting out dance moves. Motion to cover yourself in the flag of Gundy denied.

I'll argue; this characterization is false. at the point where Arizona took over on their 3 yard line and put in Randall, CU had possessed the ball for 8:38 of the 2nd half to that point, meaning that the defense had been on the field for only 5:28 in the second half (there were 54 seconds left in the 3Q when AZ took possession).

When the defense was done giving up those three TDs in a row, the possession for the 2nd half was CU: 12:37, AZ: 12:43. The 2nd half ended with CU: 15:29 and AZ: 14:31.
The defense had been on the field no more than the opposing defense in the 2nd half prior to the back-to-back-to-back TDs CU gave up, and only was briefly after the 3 TD drives.

The first half saw CU dominate the time of possession, so it's not like the D was tired from the first half either.

Again, I know it's hard to believe since we haven't seen it at CU in quite some time, but it's not unreasonable to ask a defense to protect a one score lead at home, especially when they are set up with extremely favorable field position 2 drives in a row.

Our 5 drives after the TD went: 1:56, 1:20, 2:18, 2:14, 1:45 - total of 22 plays.

AZ had the then 10th ranked total offense in the nation, so yes, I think it is quite unreasonable to ask a defense to protect a one score lead, anywhere, especially for 20+ minutes.

no no, that's your goal. Your agenda is getting Lindgren fired.

Ahh, so now you get to put words in my mouth.

If he'd change his play calling, his recruiting and his player development, I'd be fine with keeping him. Somehow, I think he'll stay the same.

Only if they promise to fire B. L. with him

Yes, as I have stated before. I have an agenda. Winning. I'd like to win football games again. Tired of losing.

no no, that's your goal. Your agenda is getting Lindgren fired.
Ahh, so now you get to put words in my mouth.

If he'd change his play calling, his recruiting and his player development, I'd be fine with keeping him. Somehow, I think he'll stay the same.
:ROFLMAO:

So, not wanting to see B.L. promoted to HC if they fire MM means I've come on here simply to get him fired. Cool, got it.

What's your solution to the current little problem we've found ourselves in then?

So, not wanting to see B.L. promoted to HC if they fire MM means I've come on here simply to get him fired. Cool, got it.

What's your solution to the current little problem we've found ourselves in then?
This guy is insane, right?

How about keeping it in the Lindgren /Sefo thread.....You do not need to hijack every thread with your agenda.

out of anything said by anyone other than you, EVER, where do you get that the idea that lindgren will be promoted if MM gets replaced??

out of anything said by anyone other than you, EVER, where do you get that the idea that lindgren will be promoted if MM gets replaced??

If they fire MM, someone has to take over. The obvious answer is Leavitt, I was simply stating I wanted no chance of it being the 3 year OC over the 1 year DC.

But please continue with your witchhunt. I'll be here.

Our 5 drives after the TD went: 1:56, 1:20, 2:18, 2:14, 1:45 - total of 22 plays.

AZ had the then 10th ranked total offense in the nation, so yes, I think it is quite unreasonable to ask a defense to protect a one score lead, anywhere, especially for 20+ minutes.
Add the numbers up and see if they're any different than what I presented.

The bolded was a TD, by the way. So, at that point, you're effectively asking the defense to protect a two TD lead for a quarter and 54 seconds. Again, against anybody that is not unreasonable. That's asking the defense to keep the opponent from scoring at a 56 PPG clip.

If they fire MM, someone has to take over. The obvious answer is Leavitt, I was simply stating I wanted no chance of it being the 3 year OC over the 1 year DC.

For interim or permanent HC?

Bolded = Irony.
Do you also like to state that you would hope the air you breath has oxygen instead of just carbon dioxide?

Back