What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Selection

JMU's leading scorer suspended for the first half of their play-in game in Dayton after being arrested at a party for celebrating JMU's tournament berth.

So CBS has the official NCAA seeding list up that was used to seed the tourney:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...sketball/21899662/official-ncaa-168-seed-list

As the committee already disclosed, CU, Cal, and Oregon were all pushed down slot for whatever arcane seeding rules they use. Looks like we were swapped out with Villanova who got bumped up from their natural 10 spot. I'm guess the swap may have happened because the committee tries to avoid rematches in the first two rounds and seeding us as a the 9 there would have resulted in a rematch with Kansas if we had advanced out of the "second" round.

Not having to play North Carolina in the first game and potentially being matched up against Kansas in Kansas City? Under that scenario I'll take being underseeded every time. Doesn't explain why the committee gave Cal a home game though.

So CBS has the official NCAA seeding list up that was used to seed the tourney:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...sketball/21899662/official-ncaa-168-seed-list

As the committee already disclosed, CU, Cal, and Oregon were all pushed down slot for whatever arcane seeding rules they use. Looks like we were swapped out with Villanova who got bumped up from their natural 10 spot. I'm guess the swap may have happened because the committee tries to avoid rematches in the first two rounds and seeding us as a the 9 there would have resulted in a rematch with Kansas if we had advanced out of the "second" round.

Not having to play North Carolina in the first game and potentially being matched up against Kansas in Kansas City? Under that scenario I'll take being underseeded every time. Doesn't explain why the committee gave Cal a home game though.

Against a team they played this season, haha. Makes no sense.

I'll throw this here: Marty Fletcher, former DU coach, great guy, terrible coach, now the self proclaimed mayor of Bracketville on local media was on Evans and Klatt this morning. I don't normally listen to those blowhards, but I happened to tune in this morning. Marty was hilarious. The best part was when he said he'll try to come back next week to discuss the tournament more, but only if they have the time, since the Broncos might sign a long snapper and that could take up a whole show.

Back