What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Separating MBB and WBB into different Forums

Should we re-organize the forums in relation to WBB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
False. New posts would force me to see football ****. You see, I view those threads like you view WBB. And I've found an easy solution.
Exactly! You get to Ignore 2 entire forums of football stuff and the two NFL threads that allows you to not have to see any new stuff posted there going forward. I don't have that option :(

Well no. Between you and MTN, how else would I fall asleep at night?
giphy.gif

Bigger question @TSchekler why aren't you interested in women's hoops? We have a new coach and a lot of excitement surrounding the program. The games are fun to watch on the PAC 12 network. Watch a couple and you'll be a convert.
Atmitedly, I'm not a huge hoops fan, in general. I obviously want the Buffs to do well, but very fair weather. So with that being my POV on the men's team, you can understand my complete apathy towards to women's team. I like staying current on the men's team and know how they're doing and how recruiting is going, so that's why I don't just ignore the entire Basketball forum.

The bball forum has fewer threads and less traffic than football, football recruiting, and the Pub. It seems to me that it wouldn't be too difficult to put some threads on ignore and achieve a certain level of peace. jmho

How about a separate forum for our top-10 sports: lacrosse, skiing, cross-country? Maybe, someday, football and basketball will make the grade

I say separate them. I think there are times when it can be confusing if you are in a rush to look at something, and if its an easy thing to do then it should be no worries. I'm sure some here care more for WBB than MBB and vice versa.

At one time, many years ago now, I had men's season tickets. I no longer live in Colorado. I have Dish so I can watch the game. Know what? Because of what I have read here, I watch the men's games on television. I had totally given up on them at the time I gave up my tickets.

No, I don't understand your complete apathy towards women's basketball. They work as hard as the men, so why put them down?

No, I don't understand your complete apathy towards women's basketball. They work as hard as the men, so why put them down?
I don't think I'm in any kind of minority with my apathy toward women's basketball of any level, not just CU. Maybe I'm in the minority of people who will actually voice that opinion, due to the inevitable PC backlash, but definitely not in the minority of people who actually think that.

Also, how am I putting them down? I'm lobbying for them to get their own forum, for ****'s sake. Just because I would rather not see the recruiting threads and other general WBB threads show up means I'm putting them down? :rolleyes:

It doesn't matter to me. It's not that big a deal to go through the threads I want to see. I don't see a pressing need to create new forums.

If there was a change, having just a womens sports forum would be good. Personally, I like to read the Womens Bball, Lacrosse, soccer and Volleyball threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back