What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Separating MBB and WBB into different Forums

Should we re-organize the forums in relation to WBB?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Alabaster Yak

Club Member
Club Member
Would doing this be possible? No offense to the WBB fans here, but I simply have no interest in it and would prefer not to have to ignore every normal WBB thread as well as all the recruiting ones individually.

I'm on the fence.

I see the rationale for our "Basketball" and "Basketball Recruiting" forums to become "Men's Basketball" and "Men's Basketball Recruiting".

I don't know that there's enough traffic to justify an entire separate forum just for WBB, though.

Would a "CU Women's Sports" forum make sense? Does that leave enough meat on the bone for "Olympic Sports" if it is only Skiing, XC and T&F?

Maybe "Women's & Olympic Sports" with some re-organization so we also have a "Women's & Olympic Sports Recruiting Central" forum?

We could then move "University News" with the Regents sub out of "Olympics" and make it a sub off of "Junction's Pub".

I think we need an open discussion. Don't want to make the decision behind closed doors at the Junta level.

Please post your thoughts on this, folks. I'm adding a poll, but it's going to be very basic.

Here are the questions on which I'd love to hear feedback:

1. Should we continue to have Men's & Women's basketball combined in our forum organization?
2. If WBB is separated, should it lead "Women's & Olympic Sports" forums or be separate from that with dedicated forums?
3. Should we move "CU News & Politics" out of the Olympics forum and into the Pub?

Moving this back to the Basketball forum. It doesn't get enough attention in the customer service forum.

Do the Womens and Oly sports threads have the least amount of traffic of any sports threads/forums on the site? If so, I think that's a natural match.

I really don't care a whole lot about WBB... I still look at the threads however briefly to at least have a general idea of what's going on. And really, Kennedy is a lot of fun, she alone deserves as many eyeballs as possible. Totally unnecessary to separate into a different forum.

Keep them together.

If you don't want to read a thread it isn't that hard to simply put it on ignore or more easily just to ignore it.

I'm not a huge WBB fan but I like to see the updates and in a year that the men have left me more frustrated than anything else it has been a positive to see the progress the women have made.

I do also think that the success of WBB is more important than most think. Football pays the bills, that's normal all over the country. In recent years when we have been successful MBB has broken even or even generated a little bit of money.

WBB is not going to be a money maker but if we can be more successful and start drawing bigger crowds and other revenues we can close that gap. Every dollar that doesn't have to go to subsidize WBB is money that can go into our other non-revenue producing sports. Drawing an extra 1000-1500 fans a game would have a huge impact financially and we have seen that the fans will turn out for a quality product.

Good WBB is good for the entire athletic department.

What about where to put CU News?

I had thought that might be a way to bump the Olympics traffic, but it's really not a fit.

For example, I wanted to post about the Buff Club getting a new site launched (http://cubuffclub.com/), but wasn't sure where that should go. This is one place where we seem really disorganized. Maybe a pinned thread for the News Room where we can post general CU News?

I don't see any reason to separate them. They wear the same logo and deserve the same respect. The men's game and women's game are quite different but the women do some things better than the men do. Fundamentals is a good example of that imho. I watched the men's McDonald's game and it was crap for the most part. I get its an event and all that but it was terrible basketball. What the answers are, Idk? First place I'd start is with fundamental things, not jacking up 3s from 30.

There are loads of threads I don't touch on allbuffs, including every WBB thread. I don't see it as a problem as I just don't open them.

Using the New Posts feature to browse AB is great, but ideally, I would rather not see threads I don't have use for continue to pop up at the top of the list, and since the recruiting profiles are never ending, it's annoying to have to ignore each one individually. But, I guess I'm in the minority on this, so no big deal.

I am with Goose on this. Leave it as is or I might not see it. I do enjoy reading about the changes and success of the women's programs but would not seek it out. Do not **** with something working well.

Using the New Posts feature to browse AB is great, but ideally, I would rather not see threads I don't have use for continue to pop up at the top of the list, and since the recruiting profiles are never ending, it's annoying to have to ignore each one individually. But, I guess I'm in the minority on this, so no big deal.

Then find a way to ignore them. This seems to be about one persons frustrations. Seems the vote is going against a change.

Then find a way to ignore them.
Hence why I started the thread...

This seems to be about one persons frustrations.
I may be in the minority, but I have 6 others at the moment that at least share a similar opinion. I just think the site could be organized a little bit better and more efficiently to allow users full control over the specific content they want to see/don't want to see.

Great, make it harder for most to get info so it makes it more convenient for you. Awesome!
I am lobbying for an entire Women's Basketball Forum. Maybe that will be harder for you to find, but I think most here would find that with relative ease.

Also... If you're not using the "New Posts" feature to browse All Buffs, you're wrong.

I am lobbying for an entire Women's Basketball Forum. Maybe that will be harder for you to find, but I think most here would find that with relative ease.

Also... If you're not using the "New Posts" feature to browse All Buffs, you're wrong.

You have and always will be so much smarter than everyone. Just ask yourself.

Basketball is basketball. Why separate between men and women? Someday this program just might get back to the glory days of years gone by.

Leave it as it is and people that don't want to read the threads don't have to.

I don't open threads that don't interest me. It's not that hard

I don't so much care about separating topics. I can just take 2 seconds and it's on ignore. No big deal.

What is annoying as hell is the loading of tweets and I don't think there is any way around it.

As you read the latest posts, you get half way through the post, or in the case of MTN, part of his 10 paragraphs that say nothing, and then the page keeps moving up as the tweets are loaded and what you wanted to see is 10 posts below. That is totally annoying.

Again, not sure anything can be done about that. Having to read Trumps tweets once is brain damage enough though.

False. New posts would force me to see football ****. You see, I view those threads like you view WBB. And I've found an easy solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back