What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sept. 8, 2018 CU @ kNU

Never felt this certain about the Buffs winning in Lincoln next season.

Think Nebraska will announce they are having a ski team soon?

050128_maure_hmed_6a.grid-6x2.jpg

My s-i-l and step daughter live in stincoln, and unless they move here (or), I hope to fly out and see the game. It's fun to plan, because right now he doesn't even have the will to claim they will win. His FB posts are pathetic and sad, and have narrowly escaped AB exposure.

Sadly, they were here a couple weeks before the nubs played the ducks. Tears are so much sweeter in person.

I wonder if the players will have the same passion for the game. May need to bring in some guys from the Big 8 and Big 12 days to psych them up. Otherwise they'll just think their playing some no name team in a horrible town.

this thread is incredibly timely for me personally.

I now identify myself as a Buffs fan (as well as a Hokie and a Wisconsin fan) and had dinner with a colleague last night during which I learned he was a Nub alum.

He knows I went to VT (everyone who has ever spent more than 10 minutes with me knows this) but that I live in Colorado. He's also an Supplier Quality Engineer, the arch nemesis of my current role, so we have (not so) good natured banter on a regular basis.

Nub SQE: so, have you become a Buffs fan since moving out there?
hh: hell yeah! I'm actually a season ticket holder.
Nub SQE: and have you become as nasty as the rest?
hh: OH **** YEAH!!!! I take piss filled balloons to every game to throw at the opposing team"
Nub SQE: my God!

I didn't even hesitate when confronted on this -- my mind went right into "Allbuffs mode"

Last edited:

I now identify myself as a Buffs fan (as well as a Hokie and a Wisconsin fan) and had dinner with a colleague last night during which I learned he was a Nub alum.

He knows I went to VT (everyone who has ever spent more than 10 minutes with me knows this) but that I live in Colorado. He's also an Supplier Quality Engineer, the arch nemesis of my current role, so we have (not so) good natured banter on a regular basis.

Nub SQE: and have you become as nasty as the rest
hh: OH **** YEAH!!!! I take piss filled balloons to every game to through at the opposing team"

I didn't even hesitate when confronted on this -- my mind went right into "Allbuffs mode"

I assume you used that as a lead-in for a 62-36 discussion, followed by the requisite Lawrence Phillips/Tom Osborne mention.

stinkoln is a hell-hole full of smelly, toothless, fat people in polyester. the stadium makes eastern bloc construction at the low point of communism look like art. the food is nearly inedible, mostly either deep fried, cooked until it is unidentifiable, or covered in high fructose corn syrup and salt. the cops hate all things Colorado and that is even more true now than it was back in the day because of the demon weed that crosses their border every day. the "hotels" smell like a mix of fat, clorox, and ax body wash. the fans sweat false modesty until a visiting team beats them and then they turn into the equivalent of soccer hooligans, especially the gray-hairs. there is no culture, art, or beauty in stinkoln; there are only chain restaurants, strip malls, tract houses, and flatulent flat-landers.

oh, and this part is the gospel truth: if you road trip there, do not carry ANYTHING that might cause you to be arrested. anything. i've been pulled over twice in fuskerland. once in college, when a bunch of us crossed the border with truckloads of 3.2 beer on the way to the game (18 was the drinking age in Colorado and 21 in nebraska). they took all the beer. another time was just a few years ago: i had the temerity to cross the border in a fancy vehicle with california plates and hunting equipment in the vehicle. they pulled me over, i guess, looking for drugs? i wasn't speeding. then, i got the 3rd degree about where i was headed with weapons. dicks. it was the california plates and the Buffs license plate holder i am sure. i was headed to pheasant hunt in a state that doesn't smell like a 7th grade classroom in a heat wave.

the best part of nebraska is leaving it in the rearview window.

****. now i am getting fired up. i might have to go to this game.

hh: OH **** YEAH!!!! I take piss filled balloons to every game to throw at the opposing team"

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Our little Hokie has grown up, sniff.

real good start here. Kids, pay attention, this is how you Buff.

stinkoln is a hell-hole full of smelly, toothless, fat people in polyester. the stadium makes eastern bloc construction at the low point of communism look like art. the food is nearly inedible, mostly either deep fried, cooked until it is unidentifiable, or covered in high fructose corn syrup and salt. the cops hate all things Colorado and that is even more true now than it was back in the day because of the demon weed that crosses their border every day. the "hotels" smell like a mix of fat, clorox, and ax body wash. the fans sweat false modesty until a visiting team beats them and then they turn into the equivalent of soccer hooligans, especially the gray-hairs. there is no culture, art, or beauty in stinkoln; there are only chain restaurants, strip malls, tract houses, and flatulent flat-landers.

oh, and this part is the gospel truth: if you road trip there, do not carry ANYTHING that might cause you to be arrested. anything. i've been pulled over twice in fuskerland. once in college, when a bunch of us crossed the border with truckloads of 3.2 beer on the way to the game (18 was the drinking age in Colorado and 21 in nebraska). they took all the beer. another time was just a few years ago: i had the temerity to cross the border in a fancy vehicle with california plates and hunting equipment in the vehicle. they pulled me over, i guess, looking for drugs? i wasn't speeding. then, i got the 3rd degree about where i was headed with weapons. dicks. it was the california plates and the Buffs license plate holder i am sure. i was headed to pheasant hunt in a state that doesn't smell like a 7th grade classroom in a heat wave.

the best part of nebraska is leaving it in the rearview window.

****. now i am getting fired up. i might have to go to this game.

And these are their positives

Downtown Omaha has some decent restaurants and pedestrian areas. Win or lose, I want to put as much distance between myself and Lincoln as quickly as possible.

Downtown Omaha has some decent restaurants and pedestrian areas. Win or lose, I want to put as much distance between myself and Lincoln as quickly as possible.

There's a great strip mall in Council Bluffs that has every ****ty Midwestern chain restaurant imaginable.

My favorite was the Pizza Ranch.

I wonder if the players will have the same passion for the game. May need to bring in some guys from the Big 8 and Big 12 days to psych them up. Otherwise they'll just think their playing some no name team in a horrible town.

I'm beginning to feel the same way about the Corn and been a Buffs fan since '89.

Back