What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

September 3 - Colorado @ Hawaii

Howdy!

Long time warrior fan here. But love Colorado much, bought some property in Alamosa area awhile back. Anyhow, warriors are competitive this year with major improvements from last year and some achilles
Heel in some areas; the biggest one I know is no offensive timing, warriors are done. Many teams fall victim to constant barrages of Moniz's passes last year. Sack him, distrupt his timing your in like flint. If not,
It'll be a gloomy ride back to the mainland.

When I think of Hawaii's offense, timing isn't something that comes to mind. Hopefully Jon Major is in Bryant's face every single down.

[video=youtube;9laKw3jKxaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9laKw3jKxaY[/video]

Last edited:
Come on Sacky! Don't go quiet on me now! I'm just excited to be arguing football. Right or wrong( i know I'm mostly wrong though):smile2:

Football is finally here! :woot: :gobuffs:

Many teams fall victim to constant barrages of Moniz's passes last year. Sack him, distrupt his timing your in like flint. If not,
It'll be a gloomy ride back to the mainland.

Gee, I wish I'd thought of that.

And for the record- it's always a gloomy ride back to the mainland.

I'm not really worried much about this game. I think we could easily roll them, althoguh I think it will be close. This team is focused on THIS game, have been for a long time. Buffs will win! Plus Hawai'i is good, but they are not great and they have a lot of issues on the line.

Hawai'i got rolled at home against Tulsa 62-35 in their last game

Their home wins last year were

UNLV
San Jose ST
Idaho
Nevada (I'll give them that but still won by 6)
La Tech
Charleston southern

Hawai'i got rolled at home against Tulsa 62-35 in their last game

Their home wins last year were

UNLV
San Jose ST
Idaho
Nevada (I'll give them that but still won by 6)
La Tech
Charleston southern

So they won every single home game except for the Bowl game?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say Hawaii is going to shock everyone next year. I think they are a decent team who will probably make another low level bowl game this year.

Last edited:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to say Hawaii is going to shock everyone next year. I think they are a decent team who will probably make another low level bowl game this year.

They lost to USC too, but the point is other than Nevada and SC, their competetion was pretty weak

Two UH starters busted for 3d degree assault. Suspended indefinitely pending school review.

Combined record for their home wins:

UNLV: 2-11
San Jose State: 1-12
Idaho: 6-7
Nevada: 13-1
LA Tech: 5-7
Charleston Southern: 3-8 (FCS)

Total: 30-46, 0.394%. Zero BCS teams. One FCS team. One team with a winning record.

I'm not trying to spin that point you made either. I'm just not confident in CU on the road. Teams traditionally struggle when they travel to Hawaii.

Teams struggle for a variety of reasons. First, I think most teams look at going to Hawaii like going to a bowl game. They relax more than they should. Hawaii is tenacious when it comes to defending their home turf. Jetlag certainly plays a part, too. That works against UH when they come to the mainland.

I'm not trying to spin that point you made either. I'm just not confident in CU on the road. Teams traditionally struggle when they travel to Hawaii.

I could be wrong, but I really think this team is focused on ending this road losing streak. LIke Embree said, they are treating this as a business trip and their only chance to sightsee is when they are landing and taking off. I think the focus for this game is BIG.

Teams struggle for a variety of reasons. First, I think most teams look at going to Hawaii like going to a bowl game. They relax more than they should. Hawaii is tenacious when it comes to defending their home turf. Jetlag certainly plays a part, too. That works against UH when they come to the mainland.

Sacky's back! :lol:

Starting to think this is going to be a fairly low scoring game, first one to 24 wins.

what makes you think that?

I don't think either offensive line is going to be able to impose their will and I question whether Hawaii has the weapons to get it done in the red zone. Would not surprise me if they out gain us in total yardage, but we still win.

I don't think either offensive line is going to be able to impose their will and I question whether Hawaii has the weapons to get it done in the red zone. Would not surprise me if they out gain us in total yardage, but we still win.
i've been envisioning a shootout, but i will take a low scoring squeaker win. :thumbsup:

More I reflect on this season, the more I agree that our Oline will struggle early. Not good.

AFN just posted matchups for this weekend! I'll be on travel, BUT AFN will be playing CU at Hawaii (0645 in the a.m.) live! I've called ahead and located a TV on which I can watch.

Football is almost here!

This game scares me.
1: Hawaii is a different team on the islands.
2: We suck balls on the road.

i worry they get a fast start....we come back last year after being on our heels, on the road is a different story.

Why is everybody giving kudos to UH and shuddering about the "road? Consider:

They have nine (9) N-I-N-E new starters on "O" including their entire O-line. They don't have a letter winner at RB and lost a guy who was a 3rd round NFL choice. Their three best receivers from last year are in NFL camps. Their "D" was/is mediocre, (90th-ranked) with a bunch of fat midget DLs,(6'2" and under; most are 300+lbs.) and a DB line-up that includes as their "best athletes" a 5'8" 185 lb. safety and a 5'11" 165 lb. corner! Two starters were just suspended for the game. They have no tape of the CU "D" to check for tendencies, blitz packages or disguises, so all those new starters on "O" are working essentially blind.

So why the gloom and doom?

Why is everybody giving kudos to UH and shuddering about the "road? Consider:

They have nine (9) N-I-N-E new starters on "O" including their entire O-line. They don't have a letter winner at RB and lost a guy who was a 3rd round NFL choice. Their three best receivers from last year are in NFL camps. Their "D" was/is mediocre, (90th-ranked) with a bunch of fat midget DLs,(6'2" and under; most are 300+lbs.) and a DB line-up that includes as their "best athletes" a 5'8" 185 lb. safety and a 5'11" 165 lb. corner! Two starters were just suspended for the game. They have no tape of the CU "D" to check for tendencies, blitz packages or disguises, so all those new starters on "O" are working essentially blind.

So why the gloom and doom?
I like the new guy. CU will **** 'em up!

They have Moniz, who led the NCAA in a couple of categories, and we have a hurtin' secondary. That's enough to scare me.

They have Moniz, who led the NCAA in a couple of categories, and we have a hurtin' secondary. That's enough to scare me.

The worries about our new secondary continue to baffle me. Last year we were ranked almost dead last in the country in passing defense. This is with those NFL cornerbacks so many of you have warm and fuzzy memories of. The personnel were obviously not the issue, it was the scheme. I think this year we will be markedly better in pass D than last year because of the scheme. Quit worrying about the inexperience at corner because as last year proves it doesn't really mean much.

Back