What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Shedeur Sanders - 2023-24 Tracking History Thread

PFF has him 8th among returning QBs (unless I missed one, the COVID eligibility still confuses me) but a few players ahead got better running grades pushing their grade above Sanders, his grade fell a bit later in the year when he was injured, was in the low 90's prior.

View attachment 70247

I think SS2's running ability isn't accurate and I think it is due to all those sacks he took. Should be in the 70's at a minimum and he would be one of those top QBs. Greene at WVU is part of the reason why WVU is hovering near the Top 25 preseason polls.

I think SS2's running ability isn't accurate and I think it is due to all those sacks he took. Should be in the 70's at a minimum and he would be one of those top QBs. Greene at WVU is part of the reason why WVU is hovering near the Top 25 preseason polls.
Yeah his grade starting going down as the OL got worse & worse and the hits rolled up
If i'm not mistaken, PFF had SS as the top 4th quarter QB in the country at one point.
He was the top for a while, was between him, Penix, and Daniels for a bit.

Other than SS2 being the top dude next year (obviously), Jaxson Dart looked pretty damn good in their bowl game. That's my 1 and 2 for 2024.

Yeah idk how you can put Fifta & Ewers above Sanders, give him Texas or Georgia talent and he landslides the Heisman. Sanders definitely held the ball a bit too long at times trying to make a play but he was pressured on 194 dropbacks out of 527. Big time throw rate was just below Dart at #2, turnover worthy throw rate tied for lowest at 1.6 wtih Beck, solid aDOT, 2nd highest passing grade, 3rd overall grade.

Wins aren't a QB stat yet somehow a metric here.

1709827594208-png.70269

Whatever prove it on the field again this Fall.

Attachments

• 1709827547482.png
    1709827547482.png
    416.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 1709827594208.png
    1709827594208.png
    413.3 KB · Views: 116
The assertion in the article that the "sacks weren't all on the OL" bothers me. If SS wasn't holding the ball trying to find an open receiver, we would have had no offense in the second half of the season, at all.

The old saw about "holding the ball too long," presumes the idea that a QB is supposed to throw a ball away and "live to fight another day." But our offense rarely had those "other days" or downs. We had no running game and no pass blocking. So, what "days" or downs was SS supposed to be throwing the ball away in favor of? If SS wanted to move the ball--at all--he had to make a play, that play. SS had no reasonable expectation that we would "get the blocking right" on the next play, so just throw this one away and try again the next time.

The UCLA game was the perfect example: by the "don't hold the ball" logic, SS should have dumped the ball within almost a second of getting it most of the game. So that's on him not the OL?

(Of course, all of this presumes we are talking about the last half of the season, obviously, when all the sacks mounted and the OL was an absolute sieve.)

Haha, thanks for the info. If I can't get it at Costco or Kohls I am totally out of the loop.

several articles in the last few days, saying the Broncos want Shedur. That would be fine.

That writer hasn't a clue as evidenced by the second sentence.

Sean Payton’s squad has lost prized possessions like Russell Wilson owing to the complexities of salary cap

I think Denver is the only cold weather
team CP is okay with since he would still be close to him and could see all the home games. My guess would be CP’s top three wish list are Denver, Atlanta, and Dallas. Dallas won’t happen but Denver and ATL maybe. Other than that he’s gonna want a dome or warm weather team.

I think Denver is the only cold weather
team CP is okay with since he would still be close to him and could see all the home games. My guess would be CP’s top three wish list are Denver, Atlanta, and Dallas. Dallas won’t happen but Denver and ATL maybe. Other than that he’s gonna want a dome or warm weather team.
Dallas could happen, especially when Dak loses another playoff game.

As big as anything, is the effect all SS's media attention has on potential recruits, transfers. CU is the place to get max media/social media

Back