What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Shockers by 12. Buffs pounded the pooch.

lol bisonic is all butt hurt on life again. dude it is just a game and the kids played hard, bit mote than the end sucked. we had ateut yen good minutes in the second half where we pushed the pace. the test of the game played right into bamas hands. go have a beer, kiss your Obama poster, and relax

LOL! Funny, you sound like a tree hugging, kumbaya, faggy liberal with the way you accept losing as something that's okay with tante, the tough guy, gun-toting regressive.

GTF out of the way for real fans. We aim to win. I'm pretty sure Boyle is a lot more comfortable with my expectations than your soft ones.

Dear Bisonic and JRK1212 - I don't doubt that you both know a little about basketball, but I doubt less that you are both assholes for coming on this board to try and flaunt that knowledge within hours of a tough defeat. If you think this makes you good fans, then maybe you should become fans of another team. I don't want you at my side.

I actually dont know that much about basketball so I assure you im not trying to flaunt anything and I really havent written anything bad (yet) so im not sure why your upset with me.

That being said being critical after a loss does not make someone a bad fan. The last 20 seconds of that game were awful and should not be looked at with some "aw shucks" attitude. First Burks fails to corral and airball that goes right to him, then higgins lets his guy blow right past him for a layup on the most importaint defensive possesion of the year and because of questionable strategy we had no interior help, then Burks takes 5 valuable seconds walking the ball up court before we can call a timeout which was another questionable move because it allowed bama to organize thier defense then Burks wastes another 5 seconds dribling the ball at half court and then only has time to put up a bad shot and then misses the shot and frankly it wasint even close to going in.

LOL! Funny, you sound like a tree hugging, kumbaya, faggy liberal with the way you accept losing as something that's okay with tante, the tough guy, gun-toting regressive.

GTF out of the way for real fans. We aim to win. I'm pretty sure Boyle is a lot more comfortable with my expectations than your soft ones.
:lol: Good stuff. :lol:

Everyone is criticizing the last play, but I think the real mistake was calling the time out with 9 seconds left. He should've let them play and CU would've gotten a better look. The TO killed the Momentum and allowed a good defensive team like Alabama to reset their D.

I had season tickets for the last two years of the Patton era. It was pretty bad. I remember Silas fighting with Roby during the game against OSU. At least I think it was the OSU game. Kal Bay was really nothing to brag about. I'm not sure about Kowal though. I never got the chance to see him play. How did he do at NIU? JWilliams was a good player though. Same with Silas. I just don't think Patton knew how to get the most out of his players. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I don't hold any bad feelings when Jeff cut the old Paton kids though. I think most coaches would've done the same if they were in that situation. jmho.

Oh I think your points are valid. I'm just saying - really good coaching could have turned that group of players into a really, really, really fine team. Bzdelik chose to take a pass on that. Instead he moved guys out of the program, no matter what it mattered to paying fans.

(I was one of those paying fans!!!!!)

He rebuilt, and he was good at rebuilding. But at the expense of .. the paying fans. Now he's doing the same thing at Wake, but a little different. I wonder if those fans will have the same patience, or whether there are many that even care anymore. And his team was like 1-15 in his first year. Ouch!

Dear Bisonic and JRK1212 - I don't doubt that you both know a little about basketball, but I doubt less that you are both assholes for coming on this board to try and flaunt that knowledge within hours of a tough defeat. If you think this makes you good fans, then maybe you should become fans of another team. I don't want you at my side.

Competitive players and fans of CU basketball want me on their side. Trust me on that one - I've know a bunch of each. I've been here since the late 70s expecting great things from this program. It can happen, but not with this sappy "oh everyone have a juicebox" crap after a loss.

CU can be at the top of the heap in basketball. It's our own soft expectations that hold us back.

Nice season but we lost tonight. I'm not celebrating.

I've watched team after team in the NCAA tournament make stupid play after stupid play. I ask myself, "Why the hell did he do that" over and over again. Then I realize that these are college kids with all kinds of things going on inside their brains. I'm pretty sure most of the coaches pull their hair out at some of the decisions their kids make. Tad is going to beat himself up for a few days. So will Alec and the rest of the guys. That is just the nature of college basketball and why it is so much more entertaining than the NBA. I was screaming at the TV at some of the boneheaded decisions our guys made, especially in the first half. I kind of doubt that Tad drew up all those turnovers. These are imperfect kids playing in our (fans) perfect world.

I would of preferred a dribble drive... hit the dish if it is open... get a foul... alec should of done what made him so good all year... But that said... i really thought it was a pretty good look for alec.
i dont blame tad. put the ball in your play makers hands. he did that.

I've watched team after team in the NCAA tournament make stupid play after stupid play. I ask myself, "Why the hell did he do that" over and over again. Then I realize that these are college kids with all kinds of things going on inside their brains. I'm pretty sure most of the coaches pull their hair out at some of the decisions their kids make. Tad is going to beat himself up for a few days. So will Alec and the rest of the guys. That is just the nature of college basketball and why it is so much more entertaining than the NBA. I was screaming at the TV at some of the boneheaded decisions our guys made, especially in the first half. I kind of doubt that Tad drew up all those turnovers. These are imperfect kids playing in our (fans) perfect world.

Yeah I get that. I'm sure the play didn't go nearly the way Boyle wrote it up. But we can still complain ... well, about the exact same things that Boyle is probably pissed about. "Why didn't he do what I told him???"

Well, because somebody threw a pick (or a paper airplane) that distracted that 20 year old. That's what makes it fun. It's my right, dammit!

FWIW, this Buff team will be doing great to get to the NIT next year, assuming Burks jumps. The scoring will not be there, but some other pieces will be.

(We'll be Bama. Sorry for you Bama fans, but this year we had the better team ... slightly.)

Go Buffs!

all we wanted hahahaha

I'm confused. You wanted to know I'm a CU fan? You can't tell I want the best for this program? I guess I need to do backflips, otherwise I'm just an unreasonable fan? Dude, this is my 34th year of watching CU basketball.

FYI, this "tradition" of losing and celebrating it is something I'll never get used to. You're not mad tonight that we lost? Really?

I applaud that you stick with the program, but I encourage you to travel a little and taste what winning basketball programs feel, smell, and sound like. It's something that you never forget, and decide quickly that you WANT to see happen at the University of Colorado.

You get a little cranky. Your expectations soar. But guess what - the coaches hear you. They FEEL the pressure.

And when we have one bad season ... the students stop coming, the expectations go down, and the AD starts bitching about money.

Expect a lot from the BB program, AND expect the AD to not just pocket the money without investing it back in the program. Just trust me on this one.

Last edited:
I'm confused. You wanted to know I'm a CU fan?

FYI, this "tradition" of losing and celebrating it is something I'll never get used to. I applaud that you stick with the program, but I encourage you to travel a little and taste what winning basketball programs feel, smell, and sound like. It's something that you never forget, and decide quickly that you WANT to see happen at the University of Colorado.

You get a little cranky. Your expectations soar. But guess what - the coaches hear you. And when we have one bad season ... the students stop coming, the expectations go down, and the AD starts bitching about money.

Expect a lot from the BB program. Just trust me on this one.

We exceeded expectations this season so we can look back and say it was a great season and we aren't too disappointed. Were all mad/sad about the loss but this is a way of coping. When the time comes that we are doing big things in the tourney every year which will be soon we can act like big time programs and be really critical.

I'm confused. You wanted to know I'm a CU fan?

FYI, this "tradition" of losing and celebrating it is something I'll never get used to. I applaud that you stick with the program, but I encourage you to travel a little and taste what winning basketball programs feel, smell, and sound like. It's something that you never forget, and decide quickly that you WANT to see happen at the University of Colorado.

You get a little cranky. Your expectations soar. But guess what - the coaches hear you. And when we have one bad season ... the students stop coming, the expectations go down, and the AD starts bitching about money.

Expect a lot from the BB program. Just trust me on this one.

I am slightly jaded I think. Any success to me seems like a step up from the recent past. In the band we get so involved with the teams, we put our hearts and souls into supporting them and recently CU hasnt done anything to rationalize that passion. So the success in basketball has me not feeling too bad about this loss. It sucks I agree but I see a very bright future. I just want this energy and excitement to continue past just a curiosity next season. I want the fans to scope out the team at the beginning and have CU have students camping outside the CEC by the time conference play begins. I want the excitement over the football program to carry over to the fall in a way that makes Folsom filled at kickoff. I want the visiting fans relegated to that ****** corner of the field. Right now ,granted mostly the football team, has given me reason to be excited with just a glimpse of success. Will I settle for it next season? no. I will expect success, I will expect an NCAA berth, I will expect CU to be involved in the PAC-12 Champ discussion, I will expect us to win these kind of games, but today I am just happy that things are finally looking up for the athletics at CU.

We exceeded expectations this season so we can look back and say it was a great season and we aren't too disappointed. Were all mad/sad about the loss but this is a way of coping. When the time comes that we are doing big things in the tourney every year which will be soon we can act like big time programs and be really critical.

We didn't exceed expectations. I knew that we had two NBA prospects on our roster, plus fine role players coming back.

Your expectations were low. Mine weren't.

I'm confused. You wanted to know I'm a CU fan? You can't tell I want the best for this program? I guess I need to do backflips, otherwise I'm just an unreasonable fan? Dude, this is my 34th year of watching CU basketball.

FYI, this "tradition" of losing and celebrating it is something I'll never get used to. You're not mad tonight that we lost? Really?

I applaud that you stick with the program, but I encourage you to travel a little and taste what winning basketball programs feel, smell, and sound like. It's something that you never forget, and decide quickly that you WANT to see happen at the University of Colorado.

You get a little cranky. Your expectations soar. But guess what - the coaches hear you. They FEEL the pressure.

And when we have one bad season ... the students stop coming, the expectations go down, and the AD starts bitching about money.

Expect a lot from the BB program, AND expect the AD to not just pocket the money without investing it back in the program. Just trust me on this one.

If the AD stops bitching would you?

Actually, before the season, I expected us to make the NCAA Tournament. And we should have.

We didn't exceed expectations. I knew that we had two NBA prospects on our roster, plus fine role players coming back.

So what were your expectations all mighty one?

We exceeded expectations this season

With the exception of the Big 12 coaches I think we finnished more or less were people thought we would be. Most members of the media and people on this board seemed to think we were an NCAA bubble team/NIT team.

My expectations were NCAA tourney. Then Shane went down. I didn't think we'd be able to match up with some teams, would have trouble freeing up our guards with screens, and have trouble rebounding with teams that attacked the glass. I was right, but we adjusted better than I expected. Team ended up better than I expected, especially since I thought it would wear down as the season progressed.

I am slightly jaded I think. Any success to me seems like a step up from the recent past. In the band we get so involved with the teams, we put our hearts and souls into supporting them and recently CU hasnt done anything to rationalize that passion. So the success in basketball has me not feeling too bad about this loss. It sucks I agree but I see a very bright future. I just want this energy and excitement to continue ...

As a very long time fan, I really feel we have a great deal to be excited about. But we need to look for two things in the coming season (pre-league) -

1) Do we have a cohesive team out of the gate? I actually think we will because Coach Boyle really has a good offensive scheme. The PROBLEM is scoring if Burks doesn't come back - how do we replace that? We get a break in a lesser BB conference, but you can't hide that for long. Only through part of March.

2) Do we have players coming in that fill our major gaps? Don't be fooled - we have a lot. Point Guard is a non-productive position. Center - we don't have one. Swing guards - best in the league (IMO) this year, next year ... not.

Watch for a better non-conference schedule, and how these kids respond.

I like the future! I really do... but next year might be a bridge year. Just be ready for that.

So what were your expectations all mighty one?

NCAA. Duh. Had we won against USF, Georgia, OU, and ISU we would have been there. (Or any two.)

I wasn't pissed that the selection committee blew this, but I was pissed we did it to ourselves. Sorry, nobody to blame but ourselves. Tonight vs Alerbamer was no different.

You can put a fair amount of blame on the selection committe, just look at USC's losses or UGA or Clemson.

They didnt exeed all my expectations but mine high too. They exeeded expectations of the media and many other posters on this board. That being said they got screwed by the ncaa and did the best with what they got the played their asses off in this tournament. They did set the record for wins in a season though and that is something that they and all of us fans can be proud of.

NCAA. Duh. Had we won against USF, Georgia, OU, and ISU we would have been there. (Or any two.)

I wasn't pissed that the selection committee blew this, but I was pissed we did it to ourselves. Sorry, nobody to blame but ourselves. Tonight vs Alerbamer was no different.

I blame the committee for USC (gave up down by single digits with under a minute left), Clemson ( blown out in second round), and UAB (blown out by Clemson)

One of those spots should have been ours.

If the AD stops bitching would you?

Scotch I have to confess that I'm still pissed over how the Patton buyout was handled. That utter mess did not need to happen.

But to answer your question - Bohn doesn't bitch about anything, not even in private. (At least not that I remember.)

And if he did, I might be inclined to remind him that his coaching searches have been a goddamned joke, and that our inferiority complex about whether CU can ever be a winner starts with his office. (Notice I don't say "him" - this was a problem long before Mike got here.)

My expectations were NCAA tourney. Then Shane went down. I didn't think we'd be able to match up with some teams, would have trouble freeing up our guards with screens, and have trouble rebounding with teams that attacked the glass. I was right, but we adjusted better than I expected. Team ended up better than I expected, especially since I thought it would wear down as the season progressed.

Same. Would have been nice to have a healthy Tunks. Going in to conference play I thought 6 or 7 wins and maybe a tourney win. Team had NIT written all over it.

I blame the committee for USC (gave up down by single digits with under a minute left), Clemson ( blown out in second round), and UAB (blown out by Clemson)

One of those spots should have been ours.

Your forgetting VCU. The fact that their now in the final 4 is irrelevant, they didint deserve to be in over us in the first place.

Your forgetting VCU. The fact that their now in the final 4 is irrelevant, they didint deserve to be in over us in the first place.
Didnt forget about them. Didnt mentions them because of the final 4 run. We deserved their spot based on resume but I cant be mad about that one. The selection committee took a risk and it paid off once out of these 4 tries.

Back