What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Shockers by 12. Buffs pounded the pooch.

Their job is not to predict who will be most succesfull in the tournament, its to choose the teams with the best resumes.
Ya I know. They didnt deserve it then but... Cmon from first four to final four?? Ill let the NCAA have that one. They screwed up tons more than these 4 so I am not too worried about VCU

I never had a problem with VCU getting a bid. UAB, Penn State and USC angered me. Clemson dancing despite not being able to claim a single quality win bothered me. Tennessee and Villanova getting in based on their November/December resumes despite being **** in February/March frustrated me.

LOL! Funny, you sound like a tree hugging, kumbaya, faggy liberal with the way you accept losing as something that's okay with tante, the tough guy, gun-toting regressive.

GTF out of the way for real fans. We aim to win. I'm pretty sure Boyle is a lot more comfortable with my expectations than your soft ones.

Family20Guy20-20Douchebag.gif

I think there are some valid criticisms of CU's play - both on Alabama's last possession (go ahead shot) and CU's last possession (miss by Burks).

Be that as it may - the REAL coaching will have to show NEXT YEAR because the team that won 24 games this year will be completely gone next season. No Burks, no Higgins, no Knutson, no Relphorde - basically the entire scoring punch of this team is gone.

If Boyle can get next year's team to a .500 record that will be a pretty impressive feat.

it's my right, dammit!

I love when folks invoke this one cuz they're usually in the process of telling everyone else how to think at the time.

Of course you have your right to bitch. Others have the right to view the season as largely successful. You focus on the negative, I'll accept the positive and it'll all balance out.

My two cents: CU made enough mistakes too lose that game 20 times over. You can start with Tomlinson throwing the ball away three straight possessions in a miserable first half, Higgens talking a ridiculous shot with Levi wide open in his corner for a three and less than two minutes on the clock. A basket there and CU would have won.

Last edited:
You're happy with how this one ended and how it was coached? I've met and like Boyle, but he coached poorly tonight.

PS I've met most of the coaches since the late 70's and recognized their weaknesses. Bzdelik's weaknesses amounted to arrogance, in one form or another. Patton's was strategy. Harrington's were recruiting and balls. ETC.

So far Boyle's seems to be allowing Burks to pretend he's Carmelo Anthony, who sucks donkey balls and lost too much given his offensive talent.

Not standing up to great players. GET IT?

He's the coach. He needs to draw up a ****ing play that gets us to the final game. Please pardon me if I offend your senses over that excess competitiveness. Pussy.

I hate ****ing fans like you, Tad coached well all season, no one is going to be perfect all the time. For all you know there was a play drawn up and Alec free lanced it. He was the go to guy all season, he's a projected lottery pick, the best player we've had at CU since Chauncey, Boyle got the ball in his hands for the last shoot. Hell our best 2 players took our last 2 shots what more do you want from a coach other than to give his best players the chance to win the game for him?

Every time we've lost all season you come in here and spew your garbage, this was the best we've seen in 15 odd years and your going to come in here and spray that garbage after a deep run in the NIT where our best player took the last shot? GTFO, go back to netbuffs.

The day Bisonic is actually consistently happy about CU basketball, I pretty much know the world is about to end. So this is all good in my book.

prob seemed to me that the "hell or high water" AB is taking the last shot, lends itself to a double team and is going to stop his momentum towards the basket with precious little time on the clock. see, the NU-OSU game and OSU-KU games in the Big XII tournament. but, i don't like this approach (see Butler's game-winning FG v. Pitt, before the FT's and fouls). but you dance with the one who brung ya.

it wasn't a bad shot, and you watch AB's body language as the shot is in the air....he looks like he thinks he made it.

I'm glad to see that most people are annoyed with this thread's initial comment, because it's absolutely ridiculous.

It's awesome that you support the program by buying tickets, etc. However, learn to be realistic about what you're supporting. This rant reminds me of an over-ambitious parent that yells at his unathletic kid for not being better. The parent might go to all his games, give him a roof over his head, support him in other interests, and be overall a good parent, but...that is no excuse to have unreasonable expectations that cause emotional blowups when things don't go right.

This team fought, they lived up to their potential (NCAA bubble team), they achieved a lot, and they deserve credit...that includes the coach.

LOL! Funny, you sound like a tree hugging, kumbaya, faggy liberal with the way you accept losing as something that's okay with tante, the tough guy, gun-toting regressive.

GTF out of the way for real fans. We aim to win. I'm pretty sure Boyle is a lot more comfortable with my expectations than your soft ones.

wow a tree hugging, kymbaya, faggy liberal calling me a tree hugging, kymbaya, faggy liberal are you the pot or the kettle. So which side of you ass are you talking out of today? Last week you made a post that you are worried about the team losing Burks and now you want him gone because he is a prima donna. I think you spelled bipolar wrong when you created your handle.

I hate ****ing fans like you, Tad coached well all season, no one is going to be perfect all the time. For all you know there was a play drawn up and Alec free lanced it. He was the go to guy all season, he's a projected lottery pick, the best player we've had at CU since Chauncey, Boyle got the ball in his hands for the last shoot. Hell our best 2 players took our last 2 shots what more do you want from a coach other than to give his best players the chance to win the game for him?

Every time we've lost all season you come in here and spew your garbage, this was the best we've seen in 15 odd years and your going to come in here and spray that garbage after a deep run in the NIT where our best player took the last shot? GTFO, go back to netbuffs.

we set a record for wins this season. I'm just sayin.

Not much gray area in this post...

Everyone is criticizing the last play, but I think the real mistake was calling the time out with 9 seconds left. He should've let them play and CU would've gotten a better look. The TO killed the Momentum and allowed a good defensive team like Alabama to reset their D.

I completely agree with this!! With no TO I believe Burks would have taken the ball to the hoop and made something happen. Calling the TO allowed the bama D prepare....not to mention the ball handling snafu by Burks when he was waiting on the screen to be set.

I think we looked off the entire game, for the majority of the game we would walk the ball down the floor and let them setup on defense. If we kept pushing the pace I think we could have beat them easily since they would try to match our pass, but couldn't cut it on the offensive end of the floor.

Back