What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Should AllBuffs organize a Vegas trip for the Pac-12 Tourney next year?

Monte Carlo is a fair value as well. The gaming isn't as great but last time I went their renovated rooms were pretty nice.

We could also consider Bally's.

It's not that far, on the light rail line one stop from MGM, has one of the best sports books in the world, and should be around $60 a night. Also connected to Paris if someone wanted to go upscale.

The pool is critical for baking out the previous nights poisens. And eye candy!

If that's the case, go Tropicana. The talent was incredible there. The only problem is the rooms. They recently remodeled them, and other than the fact that the shower was barely tall enough for someone who was 5'6", my room was ok. However I was in the minority there as everyone else I was there with had horrible rooms. This was over a year ago, so maybe it's better, but just be a little aware there.

And avoid the Excalibur if you're looking for just pool quality. Yikez.

How warm will it be in early March? Will it really be warm enough for the pool?

How warm will it be in early March? Will it really be warm enough for the pool?

I was there 3 years ago during one of the colder winters, and it wasn't warm enough. You could get in for a bit late in the afternoon after it had warmed, but it was even too cold for kids in the morning.

I was there 3 years ago during one of the colder winters, and it wasn't warm enough. You could get in for a bit late in the afternoon after it had warmed, but it was even too cold for kids in the morning.

Yeah. This is going to be hot tub weather. Not exactly cold, but certainly not warm enough to expect much to be going on at the pools. One thing about the Trop is that they close off part of their pool area in winter to make it an indoor, heated pool. Trop might make the most sense for what people want out of this trip - good pool, lower cost, very convenient.

Yeah. This is going to be hot tub weather. Not exactly cold, but certainly not warm enough to expect much to be going on at the pools. One thing about the Trop is that they close off part of their pool area in winter to make it an indoor, heated pool. Trop might make the most sense for what people want out of this trip - good pool, lower cost, very convenient.
I'm sold on Trops.

why stay at a ****** hotel?
Some of us are not quite ready to live the lifestyle we are owed by our government yet. :smile2: And the pool. I'm seriously not planning on doing much besides sleeping for 4 hours a night at the hotel.

Why stay at a really nice hotel when you will be spending 10 hours a day watching basketball/drinking/gambling/whatever else.

because it is easier to bring girls back to your suite at the Bellagio than the super 8 a few blocks off the strip.

because it is easier to bring girls back to your suite at the Bellagio than the super 8 a few blocks off the strip.
Solid point, but I DO NOT bring girls back to where Rugged is lairing. You gotta go to their place, or you have to deal with [REDACTED].

why stay at a ****** hotel?

They have six star hotels in Vegas? I'm not sure I can afford that.

Excalibur is a dump. I would recommend any place on the strip over Excalibur. I don't know for a fact, but I've heard from a few people that New York, New York is also trending down.

The Trop has remodeled. Check out their suites: https://res.tropicanalv.com/cgi-bin/lansaweb?procfun+rn+resnet+r15+funcparms+UP(A2560):;DFLTRA;?#

They look pretty nice and everything but the Penthouse Loft is less than it would cost to stay at the Bellagio or Paris.

Plus, we have to pick somewhere that works for a vast majority even though we do seem to have a diverse group. You can always stay at one of the others especially if you have the points or loyalty club level to make it worth it.

The economy has taken a toll on many of the Vegas properties. I could get comped at the Rio and shuttle to the strip. Rio has really gone down and restaurants aren't open 24 hours a day like they used to be. I'm guessing other properties, especially off strip, are having the same problem.

I would stay at Excalibur either.

They have six star hotels in Vegas? I'm not sure I can afford that.

Excalibur is a dump. I would recommend any place on the strip over Excalibur. I don't know for a fact, but I've heard from a few people that New York, New York is also trending down.

Just walking through the Excalibur makes we want to take a shower. I stayed at NYNY 2 years ago, and it was still fun and in good shape.

The economy has taken a toll on many of the Vegas properties. I could get comped at the Rio and shuttle to the strip. Rio has really gone down and restaurants aren't open 24 hours a day like they used to be. I'm guessing other properties, especially off strip, are having the same problem.

I would stay at Excalibur either.

half a dozen projects and properties are in some form of BK or knocking on the door.

Just walking through the Excalibur makes we want to take a shower. I stayed at NYNY 2 years ago, and it was still fun and in good shape.

Same here, about 2 years ago. Rooms were fine, nothing special but I was barely there anyway.

Back